• spring, when getting it ready for riding season
    • Only at set mileage, regardless of season
    • hookers (your welcome Fonzie/Sam)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's mot a brand specific thing. However, asking what oil is best always nets results that when asking 10 people, you'll get 10 different answers.

I have used the following with GREAT results:

-Elf full synthetic. I don't believe it is around here in the States anymore.

-Maxima Ultra Synthetic. Maxima is some of the best oil we've ever used.

-Repsol 4T Synthetic (orange lettering). Repsol never does any ads for why their oil is good - they promote tee shirts and toys, I guess. But, we've pulled motors apart and the results are good. No issues. I wouldn't say they look better than the Maxima or Elf stuff we've used, but they haven't looked worse.

-I'm thinking about trying the Motul 300 race synthetic this year. I have heard good things and it isn't much more than the Repsol. Thing is, not a lot of shops carry it...

+1 to those oils, I ran Elf in my Audi, but its hard to come by these days...I've also seen great results from Amsoil motorcycle oil (they have a new 10w-30 motorcycle oil now too) good for up to 7k on bikes (all street miles) thats pretty damn impressive considering most ppl change their oil at 2-3k.

But screw Mobil1, I refuse to run it in anything now.

+1 to those oils, I ran Elf in my Audi, but its hard to come by these days...I've also seen great results from Amsoil motorcycle oil (they have a new 10w-30 motorcycle oil now too) good for up to 7k on bikes (all street miles) thats pretty damn impressive considering most ppl change their oil at 2-3k.

But screw Mobil1, I refuse to run it in anything now.

Elf has come back and tried again here in the States. We used their Moto oil for bikes. Not sure of anything on the car side. Whatever the case, we had some ZX6Rs that had over 60 hours on the A Bike's motor and when we tore the bottom end down, there was zero blueing and everything was as grey as when it was built...

so wait i should not be using wd-40 from a spray can in my bike. because i was going through like 50 of those cans every time i did an oil change.

I would only be using that as an additive. As mentioned previously, olive oil or canola oil is the way to go.

wait is that before or after i fry french fries in it.

i found that if you just let the bike run and get one of those fish tank pumps and some hose and a bucket....well it gets a little complicated, but the short of it is if you have a few bungies sitting around and run the hose just right you to have add super nifty bike powered deep fryier to your bike just make sure the hose from the oil drain bolt to the pot does not leak.

frybike.JPG

frybike.jpg

wait is that before or after i fry french fries in it.

i found that if you just let the bike run and get one of those fish tank pumps and some hose and a bucket....well it gets a little complicated, but the short of it is if you have a few bungies sitting around and run the hose just right you to have add super nifty bike powered deep fryier to your bike just make sure the hose from the oil drain bolt to the pot does not leak.

frybike.JPG

frybike.jpg

thats pretty funny :lol:

and as for the oil thing run what you want. i posted faqs from your oil of choice's website stating their difference in the oils they produce and the reasons for it. do as you wish. instead of maybe getting 70k miles outta your bike you could be shorting yourself to 50k.

Elf has come back and tried again here in the States. We used their Moto oil for bikes. Not sure of anything on the car side. Whatever the case, we had some ZX6Rs that had over 60 hours on the A Bike's motor and when we tore the bottom end down, there was zero blueing and everything was as grey as when it was built...

Thats pretty damn impressive!

Like it or not, believe it or not. There is a difference in every different type of oil out there. there isn't just one large bin that they randomly slide different bottles under and fill and just market them different.

Now on that note, as a mechanic who's torn allot of engines appart, mainly car engines, there are quality oils, and junk oils. run whatever the hell you want to, just dont sell your bike to me. Modern engines especially as closely toleranced as our bikes are, need special oil that is rated for use in these engine. don't believe me? go find a Chrysler car that SPECIFIES ATF+3 and drain, and refill it with Dexton 4. If you make it around the block condsider yourself lucky. the differences in the oil WILL kill the trans, seen it happen many times. idiots just grab whatever oil is cheap, top off a few times and the trans only lasts a few thousand miles.