Tax Preparers - Who do you use?

ImUrOBGYN

I use J. E. Wiggins . I have used them for personal and business for 23 years. I have used a couple of the accountants in their office until I found the one that found me the most deductions. They have a couple of offices , 1 is on the east side off of Main st. in Whitehall.

myself or my father

going some where to get it done is overpriced, and the wuicker you want it the more it cost.

i dunno why people cant wait for there tax refund and get the max amount they can vs. paying a shit ton just to get it quicker.

Turbotax for past 2 years. It's between $15-$30 for me. Before that I used Colonial Tax services or something like that, in Westerville. It was $20 for me there because I get a student discount. I stopped using them last year because I checked my taxes on Turbotax and ended up getting back more then $100 more then what Colonial figured.

btw... you can efile your ohio state taxes online for free... SUPER easy!

I had H&R Block do my taxes for quite sometime but couldnt really justify paying 100 bucks to file a 1040. Picked up TurboTax used it last year and this year and averaged about 2500 bucks in return, not bad. You can also get a discount using turbotax through many diffrent places, my wife works at Olive Garden and we paid 25 bucks for it. :)

btw... you can efile your ohio state taxes online for free... SUPER easy!

I had H&R Block do my taxes for quite sometime but couldnt really justify paying 100 bucks to file a 1040. Picked up TurboTax used it last year and this year and averaged about 2500 bucks in return, not bad. You can also get a discount using turbotax through many diffrent places, my wife works at Olive Garden and we paid 25 bucks for it. :)

Agreed, I have used TurboTax for our federal and just used the state's website to file the state and school district taxes for years now. Easiest (and cheapest) way I have found. Unless you have a shitload of things to write off, or have your own business, I'd use TurboTax.

NB Specialties 1-800-560-0797 She has been in business for around 30 years her avg client is around 100- 150 dollars depending obviosuly on what you need done. She also will provide free notary and if you ever get audited she will speak with the IRS

I've always done them myself, as well. Just figured this year I'd see if a 'professional' could do better (and was being a bit lazy). I should just do them myself as I had planned on double checking anyone else's work, anyway. :rolleyes: Hell, even in school, on the couple occasions I used someone else's homework, I was late to class because I double checked all their work. Could'nt help myself. :p

State Farm's TurboTax hookup: Free web based deluxe version software including e-file, available to any State Farm customer via their web site. I got my Federal and State returns entered, filed, and done with in about half an hour, 100% free. What could be better?

I use quicken for my checking, savings accounts, mortgage, credit cards, loans etc etc. I use my debit card to pay for everything. I tag everything I buy with things that I can deduct on my taxes.

I use turbotax to automatically read my quicken files and prepare my taxes.

I always do this. I already have spent my refund. ^_^