whats your take on this website??

Black ITR Guy

I saw 3 dead guys last year that died while riding. So far just one accident this year dont kno if the guy made it, if he did he's gonna be messed up. Slow down and wear your helmet.

Be Safe riding!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ someone could throw up a site of car wreck pics that would make you think twice about driving in a car too...

everything has its danger... the only way to be 100% safe is to not get out of bed in the morning.

IMO, you have you decide what danger level you are willing to accept, and then take steps to mitigate that danger as much as possible.

yeah i get your reasoning with the car but my whole thing is... WHEN i get in an accident, am i more protected in a car or a bike?

anyway, ill probably still get a bike but im gonna drive it like a granny!

So you're going to crash often and probably fall over at lights when you forget to put a foot down?

On a side note - I followed the most squidly mother fucker I've seen in a while today.

Every turn he made he looked like he was going to fall over, when he got to a straight away he would try to accelerate like a GP rider... full tuck. Except he was doing no more than 40mph on Dublin road and wasn't pulling away from my S10 (which wasn't even floored, or remotely close). Seriously, I've seen better riders at MSF courses on their first day.

I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time.

Whoever you are, thanks for the laugh and kill it up squid.

/randomdailysquidsighting

Everyone gets this. It is called Driving School.

Hi. I'm Troy McClure, you might remember me from such driver's ed films as 'Alice's Adventures through the Windshield Glass' and 'The Decapitation of Larry Leadfoot.'

Now I know the answer to my pondering about returning my boots. I think I'll keep them. :) Scared the shit out of me, I'm going to order pants now.

Pussy. :p

-Marc

*ps- My boot size is 13 in alpine stars if you're using your mom's credit card. :cool:

Thats pretty graphic. It makes me think twice about being out there riding. Espically since I have a kid on the way. I am not sure if I agree with that website or not. There is good and bad to it.

Pussy. :p

-Marc

*ps- My boot size is 13 in alpine stars if you're using your mom's credit card. :cool:

Whatever did you see those pictures of people that were wearing jeans?! I don't want to look like that.

LOL, Unfortunately I'm not using her credit card.

On a side note - I followed the most squidly mother fucker I've seen in a while today.

Every turn he made he looked like he was going to fall over, when he got to a straight away he would try to accelerate like a GP rider... full tuck. Except he was doing no more than 40mph on Dublin road and wasn't pulling away from my S10 (which wasn't even floored, or remotely close). Seriously, I've seen better riders at MSF courses on their first day.

I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time.

Whoever you are, thanks for the laugh and kill it up squid.

/randomdailysquidsighting

ROTF That was probably me.... I don't think a S10 would keep up at WOT, but it sounds like the tool-box sort of shit I would get caught doing and have posted on forums where I know people... And I ride Dublin Rd every day to work... :marc:

Dude in black on an old suzuki? (Wearing all my protective gear, I might add!)

I don't see how this is disrespectful in the least.

Some of these dude brah's around here need to be reminded how f'in dangerous this stuff is. I see too many guys weaving through traffic and goin' 120 on a not so empty road. I don't own a bike but I will someday when I have the $$ but I wont abuse it like a lot of the clowns I see around columbus.

• 2 weeks later...
if it keeps one person from riding in flip flops and basketball shorts, then id say its a good website.

I hate a squid. Everytime I seen a bike rider with out gear I feel sick insided. I always bitch at my buddy for riding with out his jacket. In reality I need to get pants and boots.

me too man... the worst is when they got the helmet locked up on the back of the bike :rolleyes:

I hate a squid. Everytime I seen a bike rider with out gear I feel sick insided. I always bitch at my buddy for riding with out his jacket. In reality I need to get pants and boots.

While not a death, there's always this guy who managed to crash on the one day he decided not to wear gear.

http://www.socal-sportbikes.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=58512

Further example that crashes happen when one never expects it. One of the reasons I operate with the mentality of "dressing for the crash you do not plan to attend"

me too man... the worst is when they got the helmet locked up on the back of the bike :rolleyes:

Thats my fav. Don't forget short sleaves.

Or every cruiser rider I see with no jacket no gear at all riding like there the king of the world.