What kind of oil would you not use in a bike?

Gump

I've seen pennzoil do some nasty things to cars in the shop... I'd venture to say it would be worse for a bike.

eh yeah that shit is nasty, leaves like a silvery graphite looking coating on everything. Did valve seals or some junk on a few cars where the guys used that stuff exclusively.

Isn't Pennzoil the same as Quaker State? There can only be so many labs making this stuff.

I used to always like the yellow bottle. Not anymore.I guess i Trust Mobil but who's to say it's not labeled by the same guys as Pennzoil?

Like Honda actually makes there own oil or Yamaha or kawi.

Isn't Pennzoil the same as Quaker State? There can only be so many labs making this stuff.

I used to always like the yellow bottle. Not anymore.I guess i Trust Mobil but who's to say it's not labeled by the same guys as Pennzoil?

Like Honda actually makes there own oil or Yamaha or kawi.

No but they have it made to their specs, believe it or not every oil, and every type of oil out there is different, you've got to read the bottles. They all have different ratings, and some meet 6 ratings, while another may meet 5 of the exact same ratings, plus 2 additionals that the first didn't. the trick is to know what the ratings are and what they're good for. it's confusing.

Like Dweez said... the base stock is pretty much the same but each brand has their own 'additive package' that makes it theirs. Like magic fairy dust...

Mobil 1 is expensive because they use finely ground pieces of US currency in their additive package. Proving that the more money you put in your engine the longer it'll last. ;)

Squid Oil for squids everywhere...:squid:

squidoil.jpg

works well with Squid Ink Pasta with Garlic and Olive Oil... don't ask, it's a California thing...:puke:

Squid_Ink_Pasta_with_Garlic_and_Oli.jpg

Edited by ReconRat
Moved photos, dang it....