Paycheck that you love

Conesmasher

How many people out there love their job? I mean....seriously love what they do or perhaps company they work for?

In this economy, many folks are just happy to have some type of an income when it seems the walls are closing in. But aside from that, people always say, happiness in a job/career is much better than any money could provide, so it makes me curious as to how many of you folks really "love" your job.

I know some of you are self-employed professionals, some working for "the man" and some working some blue collar jobs. If your not happy, are you working towards a better job/career?

No, I don't totally enjoy what I do right now, but I am meeting and talking to a lot of powerful people and am working in a field that I am trained in and njoy.

This right now is a "stepping stone" for what I really want to do later on in life.

I'm a supervisor at Lowe's and don't mind my job. I think I like it more than just tolerate it but I've been doing it for about 4 years. I worked a desk job at Chase for a couple months and friggin hated it. I NEED to talk with people while working.

I wouldnt say I fall into the category of loving my job. But I cant complain. Its paying for my house, cars, and family. I've been there 5 years and its a steady job. Times like this, I love it more just for that fact that I know when I wake up every morning my job is still there and not going anywhere. I work at the Lowes DC. Only jobs I would love would be something in the automotive industry or being a contractor. Unfortunately, those jobs are a little risky to be jumping into right now.

P.S. Are you guys still planning on doing a Cum Guzzlers 4 this winter?

I love my job, but the love for employers vary....some pay very well, some not as great. There are always trade-offs depending on the company. I'd still be at Panny if they didn't relocate my position to NJ. I've been in Solution Sales / Management for over 15 years and don't regret it one bit.

Home Office

Autonomy

Expense Account

Co. Car/ Car Allowance

Travel to cool places and make my own schedule doing so

Business Casual Dress with Occasional Tie/Jacket

Trade show fun/good times

Great money

Pretty simple, talk on the phone, form relationships and simply take care of them.

I am digging it, just hope the global economy holds out.

x2.....I've noticed it's starting to hit the tech market. IBM just had sizable RIF last week. Plasmon Corp. is gone and several other changes are going on. Our sales cycle has been bumped out a bit. More because of the credit situation. Companies have the projects planned, but don't want to spend cash/capital until they know the credit crunch is easing up.

x2.....I've noticed it's starting to hit the tech market. IBM just had sizable RIF last week. Plasmon Corp. is gone and several other changes are going on. Our sales cycle has been bumped out a bit. More because of the credit situation. Companies have the projects planned, but don't want to spend cash/capital until they know the credit crunch is easing up.

LIBOR has been dropping, so that is a good sign, lets just see if the banks loosen their grips on $$