The green DSM with the chute today

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I readily admit that Anthony has progressed some, but its the same issue that I have had with him and we have discussed in the past privately, you just cant expect people to lay down and take abuse just because you feel its your right to treat them anyway you want. And it earkes me to no end when people try to defend that kind of attitude. We all know its not okay to treat people that way. Noone wants to be treated like a juvenile. I wont begin to add my opinion wether or not they guy was trying to avoid anyone. What I do know is had I of been in the same situation, I would have wanted to hear the track tell me what was expected of me after the breakdown. If I was told by someone that the fee was $$$ and later I found out that there was no fee, there would have been a mjor issue at that time. And I still cant figure out based on this thread what was going on with that whole thing because on one hand people say there is a fee and on the other people say there was no fee. Perhaps the purpose of the fee was not explained correctly but it doesnt seem like its something to difficult to figure out. A simple phone call to the track would set things straight. It is kinda sad that from time to time some of us have to watch what we say because should we speak out for whats right could result in a banning. I am friends with Anthony and I know when he reads this he will probably be made and accuse me for talking behind his back but in this situation much like some others I have witnessed and been a part of tempers have been allowed to take control from the get go.

He's never treated me like that, but I guess its because my anger management issues are worse than his... Who knows. People just need to grow a pair. The guy already said he avoided him on purpose based on the what Anthony said, so there really is no question behind that. The purpose of the fee was already covered 3 times in this thread (once by me). When we had our meeting with the track the owners said this, and its noted in the events info. In this case the track said we dont care, but we are not refunding you for 1.5 hours of lost time. To put that into perspectiv... last year at Kilkare they messed up and we started our rental 1 hour late. It cost the track $250.... Collecting from someone that knows they were leaking all the way down the track is different from someone realizing they broke 150 ft from the turn off. There's been wrongs and rights from both parties and honestly this thread ran its course hours ago.

You show me a guy that was upset and I will show you a guy who is only upset because he doesnt know any better and is only mad because he heard other people saying they were mad he he jumped on the wagon. How can you get upset because a guy breaks at a truck. Sure it sucks but if you went out there not knowing the potential for it to happen then your confused. I am surprised it didnt happen more often hearing how some of you have your cars held together with zip ties. I'm just saying. No offense Paul.

Guest Removed
You show me a guy that was upset and I will show you a guy who is only upset because he doesnt know any better and is only mad because he heard other people saying they were mad he he jumped on the wagon. How can you get upset because a guy breaks at a truck. Sure it sucks but if you went out there not knowing the potential for it to happen then your confused. I am surprised it didnt happen more often hearing how some of you have your cars held together with zip ties. I'm just saying. No offense Paul.

most of the zip ties are gone thanks to me...just some other issues to fix and it should be good!

He's never treated me like that, but I guess its because my anger management issues are worse than his... Who knows. People just need to grow a pair. The guy already said he avoided him on purpose based on the what Anthony said, so there really is no question behind that. The purpose of the fee was already covered 3 times in this thread (once by me). When we had our meeting with the track the owners said this, and its noted in the events info. In this case the track said we dont care, but we are not refunding you for 1.5 hours of lost time. To put that into perspectiv... last year at Kilkare they messed up and we started our rental 1 hour late. It cost the track $250.... Collecting from someone that knows they were leaking all the way down the track is different from someone realizing they broke 150 ft from the turn off. There's been wrongs and rights from both parties and honestly this thread ran its course hours ago.

Why would anyone think the track would owe us money. Its our group rental, if a guy breaks on our time, well were screwed. Point to me where he stated he avoided Anthony. I may have missed it but I recall him saying he went to try and get it resolved which I would have done as well. If the rule is I pay to have the track fix it, I would assume I need to work out the details with the track. I wont justify him being right or wrong when shutting down. I dont think he knew he was leaking and made a bad judgement call where to shut down. Was there a discepency on wether or not anyone who broke down was suppose tom pay? It doesnt sound like thats the rule. I have been to the track and had guys break down. As long as no gauging or damage to the track was done, its our wasted time for it to be down to have it prepped.

A track day should not be near as frustrating a time as it always appears to be nor should it be as difficult to get some things done for cr as it always seems to be. When the same issues arise time after time, then you kinda have to wonder why that is. I have seen guys given titles on here that cant seem to make one thing happen and I am not going into detail about specifics, and its not about the same old thing where I get accussed of saying things because I have made it clear I have always wanted to be a mod. I think from time to time I consider cr more of an actual club than I think perhaps it is and I take it kind of personal when as a member of a club we cant seem to get some things together. I have been in other car clubs where we set up events and was a part of the community. I cant believe at this stage people cant figure out where to meet and 1/2 the people are worried about being kicked out of a place.

I would love to see you set up an event, deal with no one signing up, have tracks refuse to give your deposits back on days that rained, pay CR members back out of pocket that cant make the rain date, and still say is not difficult.

I would love to see you set up an event, deal with no one signing up, have tracks refuse to give your deposits back on days that rained, pay CR members back out of pocket that cant make the rain date, and still say is not difficult.

If noone signs up, should anyone really be settig up a track day? If there are no refunds due to rain well I would guess there are no refunds due to rain. I would assume if there are no refunds due to rain then members would be informed of this possibility prior to signing up and well they are grown ups. I assume they know what a rain date is they would make the best decision for them wether or not they want to risk it. I just dont see the difficulties.

If noone signs up, should anyone really be settig up a track day? If there are no refunds due to rain well I would guess there are no refunds due to rain. I would assume if there are no refunds due to rain then members would be informed of this possibility prior to signing up and well they are grown ups. I assume they know what a rain date is they would make the best decision for them wether or not they want to risk it. I just dont see the difficulties.

You wouldnt because you get to sit at home and type while we do the hard work. And you would probably be the first guy yelling this isnt right when people didnt get a refund :gtfo:. People ask for track days so we try and give them track days. Ask anyone that actually does this (not someone that watches people do this) and they will tell you the same. Russ over on Buckeye goats comes to mind... ask him how easy it is.

And you were right. Dan ignored Anthony, avoid was a bad choice of words.

You wouldnt because you get to sit at home and type while we do the hard work. And you would probably be the first guy yelling this isnt right when peope didnt get a refund :gtfo:. People ask for track days so we try and give them track days. Ask anyone that actually does this (not someone that wathces people do this) and they will tell you the same. Russ over on Buckeye goats comes to mind... ask him how easy it is.

From the day I started on cr I have told Anthony anything he ever needed help with I would be the first to do so. He was aware of the charity work, fundraising, events coordination, and the fact that previously owning my own companies had made me some influential friends. Not to say at this point any of it would help me in any way. I cant begin to explain why I was never taken up on my offers. I had discussed it with Anthony on multiple occassions. He just didnt feel it was necessary. So be it. I am very methodical and try to adhere to the rules. If the rules stated no refund, thena refund would never cross my mind. Trust me, I can name a few members on here that can come to my defenses on wether I am motivated by money. Hell I have literally given thousands in free services to members of cr and never expected pay nor would I hesitate to do it again. Sure theres nothing wrong with giving people what they ask for but if you say "well we need 50 people to make it happen" and 5 sign up well maybe next time. Or team up with another group. Or heres a better idea try to get people actually involved. Make people want to come out. Its not that difficult to get people involved but it does take some work.

From the day I started on cr I have told Anthony anything he ever needed help with I would be the first to do so. He was aware of the charity work, fundraising, events coordination, and the fact that previously owning my own companies had made me some influential friends. Not to say at this point any of it would help me in any way. I cant begin to explain why I was never taken up on my offers. I had discussed it with Anthony on multiple occassions. He just didnt feel it was necessary. So be it. I am very methodical and try to adhere to the rules. If the rules stated no refund, thena refund would never cross my mind. Trust me, I can name a few members on here that can come to my defenses on wether I am motivated by money. Hell I have literally given thousands in free services to members of cr and never expected pay nor would I hesitate to do it again. Sure theres nothing wrong with giving people what they ask for but if you say "well we need 50 people to make it happen" and 5 sign up well maybe next time. Or team up with another group. Or heres a better idea try to get people actually involved. Make people want to come out. Its not that difficult to get people involved but it does take some work.

I set up events for a year before I was a mod. I set my own ideas and made them happen. Are you saying since you are not a mod you cant motivate people or help out??? If its so easy why sit back and do nothing? I know you want to do the charity thing, but what about the fun events that are just about having fun???

I set up events for a year before I was a mod. I set my own ideas and made them happen. Are you saying since you are not a mod you cant motivate people or help out??? If its so easy why sit back and do nothing? I know you want to do the charity thing, but what about the fun events that are just about having fun???

Being as I am unfortunately very reserved for the most part and venture out of my comfort zone not very often, I have started doing so a few years back. But I was never able to get confirmation on what was Kosher in using the name of cr for. I would never want to represent myself as a representative for cr without first having the consent of Anthony. Well, that sort of left me in a bind. Its kind of like speaking with people who I felt may want to be sponsors yet not knowing if its okay to bring it up as an option. Understand, I have always been a first person representative for every company I have worked for. I have always had to be aware of what I say or issues could arise. I understand that I am just a member of a group, not the group. I have heard guys say things as though they some how represent cr out at meets things that are just stupid yet they somehow feel its okay to act as though their opinions are those of cr. Thats not me. My thing is if I set up something using cr as a backdrop, I want to make sure I have the full backing of cr powers that be before I go around acting as I do. If I cant get that, well for me, my hands are tied.

Its kind of like the "cr car show" no offense to wagner, but to me a car show has dozens if not hundreds of cars. This one is going to be in a sonic parking lot. Okay that limits cars and what about parking. I have heard that theres a giant eagle or something but at the time noone thought it necessary to try and get approval to use their lot? Some just said hell with it like how dare giant eagle not let us use their lot. From experience I know a large lot can be found for such events and business owners tend to like the idea of having hundreds of potentially new customers surround their store. Its kind of a win win. We are probably one of the largest auto groups around here and our car show is at a sonic? Wagner no offense.

I set it up everything based on a group of people that could be a benefit to a business. The only time I used CR's name was at QS&L. The rest of the places I let them know that I was part of a large group that had an interest in organizing meets in their establishment. I didnt worry about using the name because they wouldnt know who we were anyway. You can set up what ever you want and post it in the events section without permission. We dont have to tag the CR stamp on all the meets. Set it up, see who joins, then worry about making it an official CR meet after there is a following.

Its kind of like the "cr car show" no offense to wagner, but to me a car show has dozens if not hundreds of cars. This one is going to be in a sonic parking lot. Okay that limits cars and what about parking. I have heard that theres a giant eagle or something but at the time noone thought it necessary to try and get approval to use their lot? Some just said hell with it like how dare giant eagle not let us use their lot. From experience I know a large lot can be found for such events and business owners tend to like the idea of having hundreds of potentially new customers surround their store. Its kind of a win win. We are probably one of the largest auto groups around here and our car show is at a sonic? Wagner no offense.

There will be plenty of parking. We have 2 other spots that we can use as well... but its not about the size of the lot as much as it is finding a place that these keyboard warriors will actually go to. How many Advance meets have you attended?

There will be plenty of parking. We have 2 other spots that we can use as well... but its not about the size of the lot as much as it is finding a place that these keyboard warriors will actually go to. How many Advance meets have you attended?

I attended a few. You will rarely notice me at a meet. I am usually pretty quite and standoffish. I have a high level of anxiety when I meet new people unless I am working. As a salesman, I was able to be very forthcoming and outgowing because I wasnt me, I was a representative almost like in disguise. Even if I know you, I wont necessarily approach you. There are few exceptions. If I see Anthony out, I will seek him out but other than that, I kind of sneak in and sneak out. One on one I am fine its the large group situations I have trouble with. I believe it stems from moving in the middle of high school. We moved from deep inner city to preppy suburbs. I did not fit in and have had trouble ever since.

I asked you if you wanted to help never heard back. Already got it taken care of and will be posting the final details. You are not the only one who has done stuff.

In hindsight I should have waited to announce the event until there was a confirmed approval but based on my meetings with people to get this knocked out there was no signal of a possible issue, just needed the formal "ok"

And yes you are right about people being easy to convince to let us to meet due to CR's size. That is how this Sonic thing came about and the future meets at Sonic's

If you want to help me out I have no issue with it. I actually prefer to have someone to bounce ideas off of and help.

Oh and no offense taken LOL I have not posted the final details yet so I could see the confusion.

From personal experience, setting up a track day is far more work than anybody who has not done before thinks. When I started the D42 rental last year, it was a pain in the ass. Alot of crap goes along with it. I commend anthony and brian for going through this over and over. I made plenty of calls to both of them to make sure i had proper guidance. It is well worth it as long as everybody gets to come out and have a good time. DSM junk got alot of well worth flack for the shit he pukked!

I attended a few. You will rarely notice me at a meet. I am usually pretty quite and standoffish. I have a high level of anxiety when I meet new people unless I am working. As a salesman, I was able to be very forthcoming and outgowing because I wasnt me, I was a representative almost like in disguise. Even if I know you, I wont necessarily approach you. There are few exceptions. If I see Anthony out, I will seek him out but other than that, I kind of sneak in and sneak out. One on one I am fine its the large group situations I have trouble with. I believe it stems from moving in the middle of high school. We moved from deep inner city to preppy suburbs. I did not fit in and have had trouble ever since.

I was diagnosed with social anxiety a few years ago. I especially hate crowds and quickly switch into fight or flight mode when things go bad or people start acting like idiots. Thats why I started bringing my wife to meets with me. When shes there I dont have to worry about snapping, or disappearing because I have a portable comfort zone. (I tried bringing my brother but to keep me calm but hes a crazy ass mofo lol). I also act like a complete retard which helps me get through it all while giving everyone a few laughs. This year I've been so stressed out with work that dealing with the meets just isnt happening. Wagner is the man for stepping up and helping out!

Guest tbutera2112
I was diagnosed with social anxiety a few years ago. I especially hate crowds and quickly switch into fight or flight mode when things go bad or people start acting like idiots. Thats why I started bringing my wife to meets with me. When shes there I dont have to worry about snapping, or disappearing because I have a portable confort zone. (I tried bringing my brother but to keep me calm but hes a crazy ass mofo lol). I also act like a complete retard which helps me get through it all while giving everyone a few laughs. This year I've been so stressed out with work that dealing with the meets just isnt happening. Wagner is the man for stepping up and helping out!

:mad: