What happened to...?

Guest Hal

Guest Hal

...arcades?

...tag?

...smear the queer?

...real cartoons that weren't from Japan?

...cap guns?

...Super Soaker fights?

I was just thinking about what kids do for fun these days. Shit has changed a lot and I'm not even old.

What's gone from your childhood?

thats what you did when you didnt have an xbox or the internet, or a cell phone, or a psp or the billions of other things that kids have to waste time with now.

when i was a kid i had to make my own fun.

cant have cap guns anymore... it makes kids violent :rolleyes:

and +1 to REAL cartoons. kids today get screwed. but then again, they probably dont care. they just play their nintendo DS or whatever...

creekin'

playing "army" in the woods

night tag/hide and seek

fishin'

"making ice cream on the turned over big wheel"

my 8 yr old brother visited not long ago (lives in Chicago) had his DSi attached to him...

arcades? - outdated for kids, add beer for adults

...tag? - overrated

...smear the queer? - politically incorrect, now its "smear that guy"

...real cartoons that weren't from Japan? - still around

...cap guns? - too scary for our soft, soft children

...Super Soaker fights? - can be filled with bleach

...climbing trees? - too strenuous for their chubby exteriors

...skinned knees? - too clean a world now, can't handle possible infection

...imagination? - replaced with hivemind youtubism

...swimming at the public pool? - public pools give you mersa

...riding bikes all day? - kids still do that, the annoying fuckers won't get out of the middle of the road.

:)

You should see my daughter's legs, I'd post pics but I'm scared I will be visited by Children services. :o She plays outside all day, and balls when we make her come inside for bed time. She loves her sand box, and wooden swing set. She was running at the zoo the other day and fell and skinned her knee, not a peep, just got up and kept running and laughing.

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100006/photo1221078052353/web.jpg

You should see my daughter's legs, I'd post pics but I'm scared I will be visited by Children services. :o She plays outside all day, and balls when we make her come inside for bed time. She loves her sand box, and wooden swing set. She was running at the zoo the other day and fell and skinned her knee, not a peep, just got up and kept running and laughing.

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100006/photo1221078052353/web.jpg

haha, +2 both my little girls are tough, they are 1 and 3 and yeah, between their knees, shins and fingers, I'm sure I get some weird looks, but we have fun playing outside. My oldest gets dramatic sometimes about a "boo-boo", but my youngest usually doesn't give a damn if she falls, we tell her to "brush it off" and she's fine, doesn't think twice about it.

But i agree about a lot of these things, my cousins, are like 6 and 8, and i swear to god everytime I see them they ALWAYS have a handheld game or two, and have like 4 video systems, etc...

I about blew a gasket a couple weeks ago and took my step son to the park. We were going fishing and he actually told me that he did not know what there was to do outside. By the end of the day he had fell in a mud puddle caught a leopard frog and caught 5 bluegill. Now he constantly asks me to take him fishing.

I miss building forts in the woods...

As a kid being upset when I finally had to come in cause it was to dark...

Walking around with a BB gun shooting random stuff (i lived on 10 acres of land with no neighbors.)...

I could have the TV on Noggin and she would beg to go outside. She asks to go walk on the little turtle Golf course all day long, I have to explain to her all day can't until after 8 when the golfers are done, she likes to go over to the pond and see the frogs and chase any rabbits she sees.

haha, +2 both my little girls are tough, they are 1 and 3 and yeah, between their knees, shins and fingers, I'm sure I get some weird looks, but we have fun playing outside. My oldest gets dramatic sometimes about a "boo-boo", but my youngest usually doesn't give a damn if she falls, we tell her to "brush it off" and she's fine, doesn't think twice about it.

But i agree about a lot of these things, my cousins, are like 6 and 8, and i swear to god everytime I see them they ALWAYS have a handheld game or two, and have like 4 video systems, etc...

My little girl is a tough one too. Nothing hurts her, If she gets hurt and if you look as scared as she does she will flip out but if you laugh at her shw will laugh. My kids 4yrs old 55lbs and 4ft tall and she's crazy like her mom.

Tom and jerry

flintstones ftw

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/scottsshelby/016.jpg

I could have the TV on Noggin and she would beg to go outside. She asks to go walk on the little turtle Golf course all day long, I have to explain to her all day can't until after 8 when the golfers are done, she likes to go over to the pond and see the frogs and chase any rabbits she sees.

little turtle FTW. i grew up right in that area. lived on warner road, just north of longrifle off ulry. my best friend lived on idana court,backed up to hole 5. lots of other friends lived in fairway lakes. we used to have so much fun out there. we would ride our bikes on the golf cart path and let the security guys chase us around. we would sit by the tee and wait until they were about 10 feet away, then haul ass down to the next tee and wait for them to get bout 10 feet away... repeat for as many holes as desired. those dudes gotta be dead by now... they were like 80 years old haha.

I tell my kids to get out all the time. They are outside climbing trees right now.

Sometimes they spend all day inside on the Wii or DS but I don't let that be the rule. My 9 year old mows the grass and my 4 year old plays on the swingset.

I wish I had some old-school arcade games. Perhaps, 720 or Galaga...

stay tuned to vh1... theyll be on one of those 'i love the 90's' shows

we gettin old(er) :( all the little kids these days just play video games and ride those pansy-ass electric scooters or whatever they are

I was at a yard sale today and seen 2 little porky pig looking kids buzzing around on them electric scooters. Kids now days are a bunch of lazy porkys. I thought my generation is bad, now we have little crybaby emo bitches and fat kids that are addicted to x box.