Who needs a lift for a day?

DTM Brian

So I am sitting on dyno tonight tuning a GTP with E85. I look over at the lift and think to myself. Someone on CR could be getting some use out of it. Here are my thoughts.

Here is what I am thinking. This is only a idea at this time.

$100.00 for a day.

This will include.

8 hours of the lift. Now that being said. You will be responsible for bringing your own tools. With the exception of maybe a screw driver, I will not provide any tools. This way no tools get mixed up or accidently leave the shop. You will be responsible for cleaning up when you are done. The shop floor around the lift is oil free. I would expect it to be that when you are done. Please bring whatever cleaning supplies you will need to return things the way you found them. If you need to you can run and get things you need when the job is completed. This does not mean to forget for now and do it another time. :) You are responsible for your own eye protection and whatever else you need to protect your body and skin. I will assist you in getting the car on and off the lift. I have shop air so you are welcome to bring air tools as well. Finally, I will have you sign a wavier that keeps both me and my insurance company from being held responsible for when your car falls on you. ;)

Please share your pros and cons with me.

As already hinted to in the thread, insurance for this is stupid high, signed waver or not. My dad's shop has 2 lifts, and his policy does not even allow anyone other than him or his few employees to stand under the lift. The insurance policies that would allow non-employees to work under the lift were just plain ignorant.

Anyways, if you find a way around the BS insurance, I wish you luck with your idea. I know a lot of people would pay that much to prevent crawling on their hindside all day.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely be up for this. They had something like this when I was in the Army, stationed at Ft. Huachuca, AZ. It was on base, so there might have been some different policies in regards to insurance, but it was the same basic idea. Come in, use lift, clean up, done.

Question for if you get the insurance thing sorted through... is it a chassis/frame lift or do you drive up on it? I would be needing the kind that sets the car on its own weight to install some subframe rails.

Guest Removed
I would definitely be up for this. They had something like this when I was in the Army, stationed at Ft. Huachuca, AZ. It was on base, so there might have been some different policies in regards to insurance, but it was the same basic idea. Come in, use lift, clean up, done.

Question for if you get the insurance thing sorted through... is it a chassis/frame lift or do you drive up on it? I would be needing the kind that sets the car on its own weight to install some subframe rails.

his is a 2 post lift..you need a drive on for what you are wanting to do.

his is a 2 post lift..you need a drive on for what you are wanting to do.

yeah, that's what i was hinting at. i'd probably need a welder too, since they perform better welded on than bolted on

Guest Removed
i do them on the floor, i had some stands that placed under the wheels, to load the chassis. i tossed them out, i want to make a better set..maybe if i get some free time here soon i can fab some up