What fuel do you use? (Shell, BP, Sunnoco?)

Berto

So I got into a discussion with a co worker about what fuel is better. Personally I am a die hard Shell/Sunoco guy, but he uses BP and swears by it. I really don't have any information to back it up.

Does anyone have some facts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kroger almost exclusively as they still have 93, but I also get my little discount from getting groceries there. Otherwise I get Shell. I like Sunoco too, but there isn't one close to me that lets me get it on a consistant basis.

Because I don't want to give those big-toothed fog breathers any of my money :) hahahaha really though I guess it's just because my dad always told me their gas was crap, so I've just gone along with it since I've started driving.

Because I don't want to give those big-toothed fog breathers any of my money :) hahahaha really though I guess it's just because my dad always told me their gas was crap, so I've just gone along with it since I've started driving.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/cwash77/nigel_pinchley.jpg

Kroger usually. No issues on either car. Shell is what I like and use occasionally though. Never liked BP for fact of urban legends and what not. Interesting that I had a Ford Rental car recently and on the inside gas door it said that Ford Recommends and Endorses BP Gasoline. Looked like a factory marking too, not a tack on sticker. :confused:

Ford Recommends and Endorses BP Gasoline. Looked like a factory marking too, not a tack on sticker. :confused:

BP (Amoco) is an excellent fuel, and the tests are available online - do some Googling. The catch is: WHEN you stick to it. Using it every once in a while in between fill ups from discount chains is bad.

It's amazing how many GM mechanics would blame BP gas for a customer's issue, and then show up and fill their own cars with Amoco. It's equally amazing how many running condition problems we solved for customers by simply swapping a fuel filter and having them run a few tanks of BP. Always got a kick out the people that would say, "but, I always heard it was bad and watered down." :)

Stick to what you like and what your car likes.

Gas is gas, it all comes out of the same pipeline. Now what additives get added after the fact vary alot from vendor to vendor. I stick with Sunoco 94 in the Camaro because it has been working for my toys for years without any problems. I could care less what gas goes into the dailys especially my carbed truck. To each his own, most places have been advertising their additives more and more, with all this new and improved shit I'm not impressed. Someone find some real independent lab tests.

Since the OP was asking for some kind of evidence...

http://www.allbusiness.com/retail-trade/food-stores/4489226-1.html

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2006_May_11/ai_n26859067/

How about a CR real-life gas test?

We have enough people here to get some really good data. Pick 3 or 4 brands, run each for 3 tanks worth, record mpg, overall car feel, pricing, etc. Any interest?

I use Shell 93 or Sunoco 94 ONLY. On two occasions I used BP and Speedway gas in my old Evo and SRT4 and they ran rough and wouldnt go into full boost. The car's were seeing relative amounts of knock. I ran out the old gas and put in Shell 93 and BAM perfect!