New Honda Civics

Chad is Dead

Erica has a '07 EX, 36K miles has had it since new. Maintenance has been well kept, no other major problems as of yet. The only oddball was replacing the 3rd brake light LED strip that took a crap under warranty. Mileage around 34 highway driving 75mph down from Michigan...

It is slow and you can't tell when vtak kicks in hardly lol. It does handle really well for what it is.

Those new Kia's look a lot like civics, not sure how they compare in cost and reliability.

+1 on this. Kia's reliability has been steadily improving (to the point where I actually bought one), and Hondas are more overpriced than ever. The Kia will get you more standard equipment for lots less.

If i remember correctly they had complaints on Wind noise and a brake light switch recall. alright cars with one of the most comfortable seats available from honda. Also if you get the ipod aux from the dealer you might be going back to get it looked at sometimes whoever the installer is gets the wires tangled behind the glove box and it unplugs.

O and if you get an SI say bye bye clutch when i was in the dealership there was 6 or so clutch disk that looked like they fell apart. also the SI's have syncro recall.

The only civic you should buy is a 2004 Civic Si. Watch top gears review on them for more information.

the K20a3 is nothing compared to the K20Z3 that comes in the new civics. the 04 shares the same motor as the base RSX and is more for economy. also the 04 SI only come in a hatchback version as the new si come in a 2dr or 4dr family friendly version. the shifter on the 04 is a little irritating for my taste and the new SI comes with factory LSD and can take a really nice turn!;)

the K20a3 is nothing compared to the K20Z3 that comes in the new civics. the 04 shares the same motor as the base RSX and is more for economy. also the 04 SI only come in a hatchback version as the new si come in a 2dr or 4dr family friendly version. the shifter on the 04 is a little irritating for my taste and the new SI comes with factory LSD and can take a really nice turn!;)

I love the shifter in the 04. It is only a few inches away from the steering wheel. I thought the 04 civics were much lighter then the newer civics. LSDs are nice though :D

I love the shifter in the 04. It is only a few inches away from the steering wheel. I thought the 04 civics were much lighter then the newer civics. LSDs are nice though :D

Honda still didn't understand Mac struts when they made the '04. They still don't really know what they're doing, but the new ones are a lot better. I stopped recommending Civics when they ditched the double wishbones but didn't drop the price.

Don't buy new, buy a VERY slightly used one and save a TON.

A friend of mine bought a 2008 LX coupe, with all the basic options. AC/pwr windows/locks/cruise/cd/keyless/etc with 8000 miles on it for $11,500 like 6 months ago. I think the car stickered for like $18k.

+1 on the hyundai/kia route. even though you might get some shit for buying either, like mentioned above, youll get a lot more for a lot less.

plus if you buy new, you'll have a 5yr/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty, and a 10yr/100k mile powertrain. my old car i beat the shit out of it and the only real problems i had was from stuff i did from putting on aftermarket stuff, or just generally beating on the car. i think the only issue i had i didnt cause was a switch that sometimes didnt let the car start (clutch interlock switch), which was in the first couple months. dealer fixed it in a couple hours and i didnt have a problem since

i'd buy another one if/when i start shopping for a new car.

Good friend of mine is looking at the Si's right now. Hard to come by in Sedan form. Couple nice used ones for 17-19k though.

I came close to an Si but for me turbo > VTEC for my style of driving. Especially having come from a V8. Had to drive it like a 17yr showing off just to merge on the freeway.

We have a 08 si coupe in the family. Bought it new and have owned it for about a year. No problems so far, clutch is fine, iPod aux port still working perfect. I like how well it handles but the powerband kind of sucks. Then again it is a Honda. There priced high but the re sale value is higher then most cars. The engine bay is cramped to accomidate the huge dash they put in these things. We had leather installed front and back since they only come with cloth from factory.

Check out the VW golf/Rabbit.

My wife has an 08 rabbit with 20k miles, I had one for 8k miles, and they have been absolutely trouble free.

They come in 2 and 4 door, good wheel options, and great prices.

Like Aaron said, look into the Golfs (I refuse to call them Rabbits because they are Golfs), they are definitely nicer than any civic/kia/hyundai, and better quality too.

What they said. Come see me. :)