I did my deed for the year

Buck531

I just got back from Speedway down the corner to pick up some smokes. As I pull in I see a mid 90's Grand am with two people standing outside of it. I noticed the car was jacked up, tire ALL fucked up, and that was it.

I get out of the car and say tire problems? They say yeah. I'm like.. WTF? Why don't you have the tire off. The girl says that she just bought the car. The dude shows me the tire and it's off the freakin' bead. Just nasty. I'm like.. so what's the problem. They don't have the tire iron to get the damn tire off.

I say hold on. go in, buy what I need to buy. Come out, unload 6 bowling balls from the trunk and proceed to get my tire iron to lend it to them. Luckily it was a GM (not sure what other manufactures use 19 mm/3/4" as sockets) and it fit and he was able to pull the tire off and replace it with the spare.

They had the jack, spare, but no iron. The other thing that sucks is the spare was pretty flat too :(. Not totally. I told them to put some air in it and get the tire changed ASAP/tomorrow.

They agreed and I was on my way. They didn't offer any money and I wouldn't have accepted it either. (well maybe). Just glad to help some people out here and there. I guess being off for two weeks tending to my wife and not going anywhere took it's toll :).

Oh yeah. They were mexican too. Not that that matters much. I'd help them out no matter what color they were. Unless they were green.

As I pull in I see a mid 90's Grand am with two people standing outside of it. I noticed the car was jacked up, tire ALL fucked up, and that was it.

I get out of the car and say tire problems?

http://goodbadandugly2.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/blue-collar2.jpg

I recently helped a couple high school kids change a tire on their car, in 20* weather in the dark morning, along side the road with no street lights. Well, actually, I just provided light with my head lights since he was already fumbling around with the tire iron.

Anyhow, he got done and was on his way in no time thanks to having the light.

I didn't even get a simple thank you from him. No matter, I felt better that day anyhow.

Many, many years ago I helped a gal change a flat tire not once, but on two different occasions within one week, change a tire on a POS old Chrylser Lebaron that needed a brick on the gas pedal to keep it from stalling. One time on Olentangy, the second time she was stranded on 315. Met her near the OSU Campus. Turned out we lived not far from one another.

Within a week after the second tire we had dinner, got drunk and had some crazy times. That happened a half a dozen or more times in the coming weeks.

Fast forward to today and we still laugh about it as we've been married nearly 20 years. True story :cool:

Just changed a flat tire for a lady on the side of the road in Westerville, She had an Odyssey, The spare tire in those are in the most fucked up place. I will never buy a Mini-van, especially if that is the best selling one.

yes, they are in a retarded location

Last winter I was at the Pilot on Wilson Rd. Flat tire scenario no tools. Bunch of hilljacks. Drove back to my shop, got tools and jack, and went back to the Pilot to change their tire.

This one was worth reading..... To the point and went out of his way to help