What was your job while you were in college?

Guest JCroz91

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JCroz91
ups...only part time, but the pay is decent, benefits are amazing, and it doesnt hurt my day at all...im off work by 8am every day, and no working weekend...i only make like $150-200 a week

iv heard UPS pays well. just like sorting boxes and stuff? not bad, i might apply their and jegs warehouse

Guest tbutera2112

getting a job at UPS isnt even worth it now

you dont get benefits until you have been there a year, you start at 8.50 an hr and make like 30 bucks a week total for the first 6 months because of backed out union fees...i got in about 2 months before they changed it all up

as it is, i have full benefits (amazing benefits), tuition reimbursement, and i make 11.57/hr...get a 35 cent raise every 6 months...oh and two weeks paid vacation

its a pretty decent gig for a college kid who has no bills aside from insurance and cell phone....other than that, i wouldnt bother... it would be good for someone who has a family and needs the healthcare, but instead of 30 days before benefits, its now a whole year

i started at $8 in march of 08, its been about a year and 10 months that ive worked there, and im up to 11.57...im loving the constant raises...i work a guy who does the same job as me and he makes over $20/hr and moves slower than i do lol...after 20 yrs of working there, you can retire out and get paid 1500 a month and not even have to work there anymore...that puts me right at age 37 if i decide to keep at it...by the time im outta school ill be 22ish, so i may push for the extra 15yrs of part time crap just for the retirement benefits

Guest JCroz91

as it is, i have full benefits (amazing benefits), tuition reimbursement, and i make 11.57/hr...get a 35 cent raise every 6 months...oh and two weeks paid vacation

thats legit. they need to start at that tho

i didnt get the chance to go to school, but from 18+, i delivered pizza for a little over 2 years, got a collections job in like april of 2005, worked there making "ok" money until july 2007, then came to my new collections job. way better bonuses, 3.75/hr more than what i left my old job at (in 2.5 years), and i make my own schedule. no plans to leave this job for a long time. i figure for no college education and what im making yearly, im doing ok.

I spent 3 years working for a mortgage wholesale company. I did everything there from registering a mortgage to post closing. Was making 16hr, made my own schedule (could come in at 2am if I wanted) and had amazing perks! Free golf, amazing dinners, free drinks once a week. It was the life. Then the damn mortgage business fell on its face. :(

I will eventually get back into it as an account executive. Now I do business to business sales for print and promotional goods. It pays the bills and is fun; I get to travel and work from home but is not what I want to do forever.

-Marc

here in lima i was one of the lucky ones who landed a job with coca cola. i started off as a part time merchandiser making 7/hr, after 6 months i got a 1.50 raise. than 6 months later coca cola enterprises bought out coca cola bottling in lima so i got bumped up to full time merchandiser and 10/hr. a year later a lady from HR came down and asked us what we would like to see change. all of us merchandisers said pay lol, so with in 3 months we were bumped up to 13.50/hr which after gas milage averages about 18/hr and we receive a 10% raise every year. plus the benefits and matched 401k is some of the best in the business world. while i am not making a crazy amount of money or anything, i am just happy to have a job right now. and coming in 2010 i get bumped up to 3 weeks paid vacations and bumped up to 5 free floating holidays.

i still have another year and a half left of my bachelors degree and i dont see myself venturing away from coca cola at least until then.

I'm still in college, but my first 2 and some years of it, I worked at Medco. you start off at 9.75 then work your self up to 14 something by 2nd year, with 2 weeks paid vacation + 2 weeks of PTO, along with match 401k, health insurances and such...

Look it up if you want somewhere depressing to work.

I'm still in college, but my first 2 and some years of it, I worked at Medco. you start off at 9.75 then work your self up to 14 something by 2nd year, with 2 weeks paid vacation + 2 weeks of PTO, along with match 401k, health insurances and such...

Look it up if you want somewhere depressing to work.

another member works there and had job postings up, saying that it started at 12/hr, and then bumped up to 13/hr after 90 days. some other crazy good benefits. i was trying to get my g/f over there to take advantage of her pharm tech cert but they didn't hire her.

Mid 60's worked at a Army ammunition plant in Burlington NJ making 105 howitizer shells to send to Nam. I was a timekeeper (punch cards before REAL computers) and had to know every square inch of the massive plant to find every worker on third shift 8pm to 4am.

Noisy, hot, dark and filthy but everybody there knew how important every shell was to our troops. It was more then just a job.

Ron

another member works there and had job postings up, saying that it started at 12/hr, and then bumped up to 13/hr after 90 days. some other crazy good benefits. i was trying to get my g/f over there to take advantage of her pharm tech cert but they didn't hire her.

That is at the Dublin location for call centers. What I did was at columbus west location where I listen to my iPod, type, and talk to some 40+ year old ladies who has been working there over 10+ years doing the same thing.... Trust me if you like repetition with limited human contact this is job for you.

Mid 60's worked at a Army ammunition plant in Burlington NJ making 105 howitizer shells to send to Nam. I was a timekeeper (punch cards before REAL computers) and had to know every square inch of the massive plant to find every worker on third shift 8pm to 4am.

Noisy, hot, dark and filthy but everybody there knew how important every shell was to our troops. It was more then just a job.

Ron

Damn hard ass.

Guest JCroz91

this seems legit