What was your job while you were in college?

Guest JCroz91

Guest JCroz91
Im a freshman at OSU this year. But i also work full time at AAA. its not amazing $ or anything but its better than a fast food job or something. I know theres got to be a place around here to work that pays a little better than this for a 19 year old student. Did any of you guys have any pretty legit jobs for your age when you were in college? internships wouldnt really count considering most dont pay.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started off in typical retail making shit per hr.

Moved to waiting tables, cleared $80-$150 night. Then tended bar and did a little better and just plain had more fun. I'd absolutely do it again if I were your age. Food, beer/drinks, cool co-workers and cash in hand. Some will say they hate it, but I made it work and credit it with helping me with who I am today.

I eventually moved into hard-core sales. I grew up in the car biz with my family so it made sense to do that. I sold part time. Cleared roughly $48k/yr for the final two years with a free car and gas. Not bad but it wasn't going to be my career and I knew it. Really helped me stay debt free and buy my first place at age 24.

Guest Removed
i had 2 jobs...since going to school in lima 4 days a week, i worked at a speedway gas station up there, and did 2 days 3rd shift while i was home on weekends on top of that. plus fri-sunday i worked for a muffler shop, and managed the insta-lube oil change that ran along side their main store at the time.

Ops manager for the varsity swim team, $500/yr plus books. Certainly not massive amounts of "cash in hand," but by senior year, one quarter's worth of engineering books often rode into the $500+ realm, so it was still well worth it, and didn't require much time (except when we hosted conference championships), either.

Guest tbutera2112
ups...only part time, but the pay is decent, benefits are amazing, and it doesnt hurt my day at all...im off work by 8am every day, and no working weekend...i only make like $150-200 a week

I was a caddy at Scioto Country Club in UA. We used to carry two bags and walk away with 80-100 bucks CASH after every round. We had regulars that made us carry bags of beer on top of the bags. We could lighten the load any time we wanted....:)

Met some great people....Dave Thomas, Bobby Rahal, Jack Nicklaus, etc.

My life was 'Caddyshack!"

Moved to waiting tables, cleared $80-$150 night. Then tended bar and did a little better and just plain had more fun. I'd absolutely do it again if I were your age. Food, beer/drinks, cool co-workers and cash in hand. Some will say they hate it, but I made it work and credit it with helping me with who I am today.

QFT. I worked TGI Fridays for a couple of years, then moved into a higher-class restaurant through my later college years. Flexible schedule, not a lot of BS down time, good hours, good pay, and people/problem-solving skillz that will help you for the rest of your life.

I worked joined the national guard in 05, other than that I worked as a pizza deliverer, bank teller, unpaid intern, moar bank teller-ing and finally i worked as a govt contractor when i was finishing up college, which sucked bad because i was working 40 hrs a week and going to school for 15 credit hrs.