Picture of You

Casper

:D

Yes, the 1st T/A was the 77 for the 1st bandit movie. I was referring to the 1980 turbo T/A for Bandit 2.

TurboTransAm_476.jpg

I haz fail. :(

The academy and purists worldwide only recognize the original Smokey and the Bandit as a true redneck classic. The sequels were merely cashing in on the success of the original and therefore not true Bandit edition T/A's. That and the fact that the 80 Turbo was a slow, gimmicky piece of shit. The 6.6 was the bad boy.

I must be part car then, because I blew a lot of chunks in the 80's. :) ( no homo-erotic undertones)

:lol:

dude, I was born in '90. you're old. lol

:nono:

If i had to pick, it would be the 70's. Era of the muscle cars. The 80's weren't all bad...your forgetting about the bandit!

Early to mid 70's. I prefer early '50's to mid 70's. Starting in the 80's cars went down hill and have never fully recovered. Today's Corvette, Charger and Camaro really don't compare to the original muscle.

That was a '77 T/A.

The one in the picture is a '79 with incorrect wheels and no t-tops. kids. :rolleyes:

Seniors. :rolleyes:

Chicks dug the chicken legs.

I could be your daddy.

I thought I saw some resemblance.

Early to mid 70's. I prefer early '50's to mid 70's. Starting in the 80's cars went down hill and have never fully recovered. Today's Corvette, Charger and Camaro really don't compare to the original muscle.

I prefer the late 60's early 70's. As for the muscle... my Camaro has more muscle than a '69 SS. The technology is what helps with today. The cars were so much more simpler back then. Open the hood and you saw an engine, carbs and intake. Simple...I LOVE those old cars.

Cars in the 80's did suck... gotta agree. You know when one of the fastest production cars of the decade is a Buick Regal (Grand National, actually) there is a problem.

The Grand National's were amazing! Those and the Monte's were about the only cars I liked in the 80's but the GN smoked EVERYTHING.

I prefer the late 60's early 70's. As for the muscle... my Camaro has more muscle than a '69 SS. The technology is what helps with today. The cars were so much more simpler back then. Open the hood and you saw an engine, carbs and intake. Simple...I LOVE those old cars.

53 Chevy Truck. I love the grille and back when all trucks had running boards.

1953%20Chevrolet%20Pick-Up%20Truck.jpeg

57 Corvette. Love the white behind the front wheels.

DSC05837.jpg

63 Stingray. I LOVE the split rear window.

1963_Corvette_Desert_1.jpg

Yeah today's cars put out more HP and torque but back then it was about the car in a different sense than it is today. They were all different, stylish, families took roadtrips on RT 40 to see the countryside. Today car's are more of a disposable item, back then cars were practically a family member.

53 Chevy Truck. I love the grille and back when all trucks had running boards.

1953%20Chevrolet%20Pick-Up%20Truck.jpeg

57 Corvette. Love the white behind the front wheels.

DSC05837.jpg

63 Stingray. I LOVE the split rear window.

1963_Corvette_Desert_1.jpg

Yeah today's cars put out more HP and torque but back then it was about the car in a different sense than it is today. They were all different, stylish, families took roadtrips on RT 40 to see the countryside. Today car's are more of a disposable item, back then cars were practically a family member.

Yes! I love those old trucks! I agree that the cars were more stylish back then. I love old cars. I love the muscle and style of the 60's and 70's and the styles of the 50's. Wonderful!