You have $32k, what would you buy ?

TTQ B4U

Audi A4, pretty much the base AWD car.

Volvo S40, top line car, also has AWD.

Just two other cars that came up that seem to be in that price range, just to explore more options.

The VW CC is very nice inside.

Drove a CC this weekend and fell in love with it. was a 2.0T.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be a current model year or newer and not discontinued. I was bummed to read this.

4 door and new.

Stupid high. Mid $40's. Wouldn't buy it even if I could.

I do keep the difference as a bonus. $4k paid out in November on top of my holiday bonus. Thus why i want to keep it. I may do the 2.5I but then that steps me down a bit and I'm not sure they offer the creature features I want.

Genisis would be pimp!

Also get the turbo then we can reflash it and make more powah ;) Or go with the 3.6 because it comes in a auto.

I still love the LaCrosse and fully-loaded Fusion ideas.

I seen a Buick that looked good the other day, rolled up on it and it was a LaCrosse. Not sure what they cost and typically a Buick is car for old people on a budget (can't afford a Caddy). But I thought that one looked good. But most likely I would go with the Fusion Sport!

Reason for brand new vs. 1 yr old?

As Jones stated you open yourself up to much more car for the money if you get something that's slightly used. Not only will you have the remainder of the factory warranty but in many cases you can score a CPO'd car with an extended warranty period over new.

Reason for brand new vs. 1 yr old?

As Jones stated you open yourself up to much more car for the money if you get something that's slightly used. Not only will you have the remainder of the factory warranty but in many cases you can score a CPO'd car with an extended warranty period over new.

Yup,

Just drove the B8 A4 finally, and the new TSI engine is a marvel. Of anything you could buy for 32K, it should surely up very high on the list.

Guest tbutera2112

if you can get a year old, then get a lincoln mks...badass cars, and very very nice...msrp is like 41k, so it would have to be used

if you need brand new, lincoln mkz is nice (not a turbo like the mks) and they start at 34k

the fusion would also be a good pick, essentially the same thing, just not as flashy...both lincolns are also awd (as an option)

heres an 09 with under 2k miles for 30k...(edit...ecoboosted one didnt come out till 2010)

also, awd is an option...the ebay link doesnt have drivetrain listed, so im unsure which it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lincoln-MKS-MKS-2009-LINCOLN-MKS-SUPER-HOTT-ONLY-215-MILES-READY-2-RIDE-/180513330106?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a076ed3ba

but you can get a brand new off the lot mkz for 38ish, you may be able to haggle them to 38 out the door

I would think it's a company policy that he buy a new car, since they're footing the bill and want to reduce potential future costs by a faulty used car. It's pretty typical for a company paid vehicle, he's lucky he even gets to pick the vehicle from anything in the price range, from my experience it's like here's a list of a few cars we have approved, pick which one you want. And they're all boring.

http://www.marketingpunk.com/images/genisis-car.jpg

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2008/01/10-hyundai-genesis/Hyundai-Genesis-interior-1.jpg

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/9886984+w750+st0/0805_08z+2009_hyundai_genesis+rear_seat_view.jpg

Yes I like that car. The backseat is huge. It's got a V8. Who cars if its a hyundai

Nissan Altima 3.5SE.... I have an '08 and LOVE it.... normally I'm sick of cars after a year and I've had mine for almost 3 years and still love to drive it.

so where do you work so I can get a free company car?

Guest tbutera2112
saab makes a turbo v6 awd 4dr dont they?

saab turbo x

http://images.autotrader.com/stockscaler/565/421/pictures/model_info/Imagesv2_US_EN/All/10476.jpg

2.8 turbo v6 with awd...

the new 9-3 is also awd turbo now

i had an 04 and it was a nice car...handled fairly well, ran mid 15s with shit tires, rode like a dream well into triple digits...theyre nice cars...cant imagine the new AWD ones

his only problem, is that he cant buy a car that the company is discontinued, so no pontiac, saab, etc....saab isnt really discontinued, but they may as well be lol