Are you afraid of heights?

Trouble Maker

Scared of heights, no as long as I feel safe. I have hung off the sides of skyscrapers downtown and was fine because I was in a swingstage that I felt was safe. However I do get nervous when theres a chance ofe getting hurt. I dont think this is a fear of heights. Edited by wnaplay

I would die going across that. However I day dreamed about the Ha'ikū Stairs. For some reason the fact that its a trail of stairs makes me feel safer.

I couldn't find to many pictures but ill post what I found on it.

Pictures of Ha'ikū Stairs

Video of Ha'ikū Stairs

More info about the trail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Haiku_Stairs&redirect=yes

I'm not too bad with heights. While building a pole barn when dad and I were working in the rafters and needed a tool I'd skip the ladder and climb up and down the 2x12s on the side. Verticle climb = harder. Nowhere NEAR as higha s those of course, but nothing between me and the ground.

I've also walked the very edge of Laurel Falls. That was interesting. Falling deaths have occurred there and the signs warn of it.

is some guys cheesy vid. Doesn't do it justice. Again, not near as bad as the tower.

I totally wanna climb those stairs.

I would die going across that. However I day dreamed about the Ha'ikū Stairs. For some reason the fact that its a trail of stairs makes me feel safer.

I couldn't find to many pictures but ill post what I found on it.

Pictures of Ha'ikū Stairs

Video of Ha'ikū Stairs

More info about the trail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Haiku_Stairs&redirect=yes

I think its still closed, but iv been up another set of stairs like that on the island. crazy shit, awesome view....ill try to get info on it

You know what's funny is that video was the original post where I ran across the Caminito Del Ray video again.

One of the guys on there used to climb, then got into working on wind turbines. A good amount of the people in that field came from to be climbing/mountaineering world.

I'm definitely not afraid of heights. On top of Half Dome.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=563&pictureid=4445

I think its still closed, but iv been up another set of stairs like that on the island. crazy shit, awesome view....ill try to get info on it

I'd love to get more info on either of these, post up anything you find. We'll be going to Hawaii in April 2012 for our 5 year anniversary. Maybe I can go do one of these and the woman can go to the spa. :D

I can handle a bit of heights (climbing tall ladders on poles/buildings), but that is well beyond my capacity.

What they don't mention in the video is the swaying that tower is likely doing at that height. I would guess at 1700', it probably sways a couple feet in any direction. F' that.