Of the following which would you buy and why?

hpfiend

My vote is for the legacy.

I would say that the legacy suspension in stock form wasn't great at all. It had a lot of body roll, and was just way to soft not enough feed back.

That being said, a set of aftermarket springs made a world of difference.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fusion V6 (SE or SEL) had lots of body roll and the interior seemed cheaper quality but the car we drove did not have leather and do not know if it had the upgraded roll bars so we will look at others- .

Fusion Sport runs on a different suspension including larger anti roll bars. Even in AWD, the Sport is over 1 second faster to 60mph than the regular FWD SE you drove. My FWD version is 350lbs lighter yet, so FWIW, you won't be lacking in terms of power.

You'll find the Fusion Sport is way quieter inside than the Subi. I drove the new Legacy GT when comparing them but it felt heavier, was louder and a lot more expensive. The refinements inside, especially materials are not as nice as the upgraded Sport either.

For me being a company and DD'er, I like the fact that the Sport just plain rides smoother and is quieter. Check them all out and enjoy the rides!

- Pontiac G8 GT

- Lexus IS 250 AWD or IS 350

- Infinity G35x (newer one with the updated interior)

- 3-series BMW

Thanks for the suggestions- I ran them past the wife- she says the IS is too small, my sister has one, doesn't like the G8, infinity is on her list to drive along with the maxima no comment on the bmw.

We drove an 08 RL last night- very nice car- surprisingly quiet yet powerful, very comfortable luxurious interior, she prefers the look of the TL though but definitely is not ready to cross it off the list for the added space and AWD.

Off to drive a fusion sport, the volvos, and nissans.

Edited by hpfiend

See the little tiny holes in the blue part of the seats? That is for the heat/cooling seats (plus I can see the red/blue buttons on the dash). I have never like the comfort of leather seats until I got my 2010 F-150 and it has heated/cooling seats. The cooling part is the best. If you sit on leather for a while your ass gets hot, just turn the a/c on your butt and it keeps your nutz from getting all sweaty...lol

http://image.motortrend.com/f/13084625/112_0812_08z+2010_ford_fusion_sport+interior.jpg

wow really? Is that the fuzion?

Yes. That's what mine is like inside, minus the blue. I opted for the more tame brushed aluminum look :cool: Full 8" navi with weather radar, traffic info, etc. Like I said, it's one of the most comfortable DD'ers I've owned. Again, the RL's are nice, but I picked mine up for just over $31k OTD including the Viper Remote unit with full iPhone control. That's one of my favorite features.

In all seriousness, if you line up the features and goodies compared to the TL I looked at for nearly $40k, you would question the two in terms of which has more. Been there done that.

Here are some images. These are from the Hybrid Model. The Sport has nicer brushed aluminum and piano black trim vs the silver shown here. The gauges are different too. You get the idea though. The shifter here isn't quite as nice either, but again, it's the hybrid. AT least it gives you an idea of the seats and layout. Really the only qualm I have is that the dash has a rougher/rubbery look to it. They could have very easily given it a smoother higher quality look. That small difference is what really makes the Speed 3 nice inside. I bet they change that real soon.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/129492811/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/129492809/original.jpg

As an update- drove the Volvo S60 at MAG Volvo (they auctioned off the R as it had "too many issues"), and the CX90. The S60 was too small and the handling and brakes were too soft- the turbo was nice between 2500 and 3800 rpm but that is it- The S80 wasn't much bigger and we didn't even bother driving it as Jennifer didn't like how it looked anyways- The CX90 was actually pretty nice and is on the list but we are trying to focus on sedans over SUVs for right now...

Also drove a Lincoln MKS- nice car all around- very big but doesn't feel it when driving- too many gadgets though that I feel will be a problem down the road- in the backseat it does feel like a school bus... this wasn't the twin turbo awd version but it still felt peppy. Not cheap either. As of right now she didn't like the looks of the MKZ and the Milan but are still going to drive a fusion sport for the bang for the buck.

throwing this out there, and i know ill get shit for it, but i have been looking hard at the new hyundai sonata, and its worth a look.. i went and test drove a sonata SE, sport package basically, 18" wheels, 200HP, paddle shift, sport tuned suspension, tons of ammenities..

the car drove amazing well and had great power for a sedan.. and still gets 36 mpg... i am above and beyond impressed

it might be worth looking at for you. im seriosuly considering one at this point.

and if you want it with a little more pep and plush interior, they have a sonata limited 2.0T , two tone interior, navigation, 274hp turbo 2.0l, proximity key fob, push button start, heated front and rear seats, 400watt infinity stereo with sub.. etc etc.. they are loaded

really really nice cars.. i love the styling on them

http://i.ebayimg.com/16/!!gn1Ch!CWE~$(KGrHqUOKjUEyK,d1R)YBMuffbVJL!~~_4.JPG

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/images/HyundaiUSA/Vehicles/gallery/Sonata/2011/expand/08.jpg

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/images/HyundaiUSA/Vehicles/gallery/Sonata/2011/expand/11.jpg

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/images/HyundaiUSA/Vehicles/Sonata/2011/2T/Interior_4.jpg

As an update- drove the Volvo S60 at MAG Volvo (they auctioned off the R as it had "too many issues"), and the CX90. The S60 was too small and the handling and brakes were too soft- the turbo was nice between 2500 and 3800 rpm but that is it- The S80 wasn't much bigger and we didn't even bother driving it as Jennifer didn't like how it looked anyways- The CX90 was actually pretty nice and is on the list but we are trying to focus on sedans over SUVs for right now...

Also drove a Lincoln MKS- nice car all around- very big but doesn't feel it when driving- too many gadgets though that I feel will be a problem down the road- in the backseat it does feel like a school bus... this wasn't the twin turbo awd version but it still felt peppy. Not cheap either. As of right now she didn't like the looks of the MKZ and the Milan but are still going to drive a fusion sport for the bang for the buck.

Try the XC60, their newest car. Its a good mix between the two, and is quick.

I do like the looks and performance of the new hyundais- but I guess I am close minded as I am still wary of them.

We did drive the legacy tonight- it was a 2011 4 cylinder CVT non-turbo version- we thought the brakes which were indeed strong but felt overboosted, the handling was nice and only a tad soft, but the 170 hp left something to be desired. It seemed like a lot of car for the price and liked it a lot but wanted a bit more power. Does the flat six engine have the longevity of the four as they do have a 250some hp 3.6 model as well but they didn't have any on the lot. The turbo model is only available in a manual according to the sales guy and we don't want that for this car- I am also concerned about the CVT as I believe Honda tried that before and it was not a success???? Was the legacy available with the turbo and automatic in previous years?

She was intrigued by the new WRX they had in the showroom but it looked too small...

Fusion is up next.

Edited by hpfiend

I do like the looks and performance of the new hyundais- but I guess I am close minded as I am still wary of them.

If I was spending my money on the car, the Sonata 2.0T would be my choice. Our van has been great. 40k on the clock so far.

I guess that should have been stipulated, I would only recommend the turbo version of the Legacy.

I am also more partial to 2003 - 2009 body style. The newer one fails IMO.

We did drive the legacy tonight- it was a 2011 4 cylinder CVT non-turbo version- we thought the brakes which were indeed strong felt overboosted, the handling was nice and only a tad soft, but the 170 hp left something to be desired. It seemed like a lot of car for the price and liked it a lot but wanted a bit more power. Does the flat six engine have the longevity of the four as they do have a 250some hp 3.6 model as well but they didn't have any on the lot. The turbo model is only available in a manual according to the sales guy and we don't want that for this car- I am also concerned about the CVT as I believe Honda tried that before and it was not a success???? Was the legacy available with the turbo and automatic in previous years?

She was intrigued by the new WRX they had in the showroom but it looked too small...

Fusion is up next.

The XC60 is a nice looking car but they are only available new as they just came out I believe and I *think* they are in the 40s which is more than we want to pay for this car...

We drove the 2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R- Power was adequate with the 256 hp flat six and the steering wheel paddles are neat, rear seat is big enough, didn't like the black carpeting but would probably get one with dark interior so it wouldn't stick out as much- the aesthetics and ergonomics are average to dull, it seems like it fits all our needs but doesn't light our fire like the acuras- it is cheaper however and it is still in the running.. Fusion sometime this week and probably a newer accord v6 after that and we will be ready to decide.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you spend company money on the same car?

Because I got to buy up to a $36k car with a little twist. I spent $32k and put forth the remainder/max allowed towards a December bonus. If I spent less than $32k I would be leaving money on the table. This way I got the most pimped out car I could offering the best bang for the buck for $32k and kept some coin for me in return :bangbang:

As a side note, but nothing "against" the Fusion, if it were entirely my own money, the Sonata 2.0T would be where I would spend it as it would give me a very nice ride for a better overall value. You do spend it differently when it's yours. Again, love the Ford, but not sure I'd pay the difference out of my pocket. Can't say 100% as I've never spent time in the new Sonata 2.0T.

I'll reserve my opinion of what I think you'll say about the Ford. Based on what you've said thus far, I feel I can predict what you will state though. You'll probably like the Accord. I came close. I had one though, so it didn't excite me nearly as much. Same with the TL's.