Would you buy/drive an electric car?

HotCarl

Simple question. The Nissan leaf is coming out this december as the one and only true all electric, the chevy volt was SUPPOSE to be but regardless. No doubt this is the direction that automobiles are heading in the next few decades. So, would you buy one?

To make it more broad, would you drive one at all?

Mods: Ive never made a poll but it might be easier to add one to this post?

I would not buy one, but lease one yes.I would not want to be responsible for repairs out of warranty.The problem is still battery cost,range and initial cost of the vehicle.It would be great to not buy gas but it would be a DD only.

Yes, but I wouldn't pay what they are wanting for any of them today. Reliability is also a concern. Who knows what they are going to be like in a few years. Even the Gas/Electric Prius at $28k is too much for what it is. Cool features in some sense, but the whole package is way over priced IMO.

Volt at $41k. Not a "value" at all. Outside being "different" and perhaps cool in some sense, it's over priced IMO.

Yes, but I wouldn't pay what they are wanting for any of them today. Reliability is also a concern. Who knows what they are going to be like in a few years. Even the Gas/Electric Prius at $28k is too much for what it is. Cool features in some sense, but the whole package is way over priced IMO.

Volt at $41k. Not a "value" at all. Outside being "different" and perhaps cool in some sense, it's over priced IMO.

Got my Prius for 10K. :)

Yes I would buy one, however I thought you will not be allowed to buy a Leaf here? I thought they were only selling them in select markets? They have to set up a charging station.

I would rock the hell out of the Leaf. It looks like a pretty sweet little car, and I love being an early adopter. I'd even pay what they're asking for it.

Unfortunately, our "2nd car" needs to be able to get to Youngstown for my reserve weekends, which would push the Leaf down to "3rd car" status, and I already have 3 cars, so it'd end up being a 4th car, and I just can't make any sense of having 4 cars.

Why is the Tesla not a true all electric vehicle?

Sorry, your absolutly right i completely forgot about the Tesla. The only reservation i would have about the Tesla is the fact that every magazine shoot and/or public driving appearance theyve had has ended up on the back of a flat bed (top gear, motor trend etc...) I would think at a time when your getting the most publicity possible for your new product you would want it to work flawlessly, if it breaks down with a team of Tesla engineer's on hand that doesnt make me too comfortable to buy one.

I'd only buy one if it didn't look like a little shit box, and had some decent looks. So far i don't care for any electric or hybrid vehicles except the Tesla and that I can't afford.

This here.

I'd consider if it was priced right.

Honestly I'd rock almost any of the Chevy hybrids. I got the pleasure of driving 1300 miles in just under 24hours in a 2008 malibu hybrid. Loved everything about that car. Was very comfortable. Averaged 37mpg running 80 to 85mph. Could have pulled close to 40 if i would have stayed the speed limit.