What's your take on the .460 Rowland?

OSUPITTSBURGH427

I've never shot it, but have heard of it. Clark Custom guns makes a conversion kit for like $300 if that's what you're looking for.

http://static.texashuntfish.com/pics/2008/06/02/large/b128bde8-4b04-4b98-8906-61e6d28c67a6.jpg

I'm a sucker for odd cartridges, but I also reload for everything I have, so it makes it simple to feed. It puts out some pretty rowdy numbers, but unless you reload, I'm not sure it'd be worth it.

I've never heard of one for any HKs. It'd probably have to be a custom deal; barrel, recoil spring, compensator, etc. I seriously doubt it would be cheap. It wouldn't make a very good CCW gun either. The guns require a compensator to deal with the increased pressure (nearly 2x what .45acp is) that the round creates. Run it without a comp and the gun will tear itself apart.

The only kits I've seen have for full-length 1911s and Springfield XDs. A compensator and heavier spring are pretty much required. They specifically state that the cartridge is unsuitable for any Glock or Beretta. I've been sort-of considering it for my XD, but it'd pretty much render the pistol a range toy.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been looking at it too. Seems like it'd be a great pistol for hunting back up :) The "someday" plan rattling around in the back of my mind is to convert my Kimber to .460 Rowland after I decide it's worth dropping $4000 on a Wilson Combat Professional Supergrade some day LOL. The Kimber will then be my "beater / hunting" gun...