Are you a organ donor?

thorne

Tonight I went with my wife to a organ donor dealio with life line of ohio. I went orginally as family and learned that I was also the reciepent of a donation. Not as huge as a organ transplant but The bone they used in my kneck was from a donor. For some reason Cadaver didn't click back when I was getting my surgery.

If your currently not a donor and would like to become one you can sign up via

http://www.lifelineofohio.org/

Honestly there is no reason not to be. If you have any questions about it you can post them in this thread and I'll do my best to answer them or you can read http://www.lifelineofohio.org/ .

Thanks!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am

i did hear that sometimes if your a donor and the doc knows that, they sometimes wont try to save you if your all mangled up. In some cases its easier to just keep the organs alive and use them for someone else than to try to keep you alive. I thought it was interesting, wont stop me from being one though.

i am

i did hear that sometimes if your a donor and the doc knows that, they sometimes wont try to save you if your all mangled up. In some cases its easier to just keep the organs alive and use them for someone else than to try to keep you alive. I thought it was interesting, wont stop me from being one though.

Absolutely not true.

I'm a requestor for LOOP at the hospital and also a donor.

i am

creepy thought, but i guess i wouldn't want to live if i was "all mangled up"...i would rather save lives

i am

Thats totaly false. They have no clue if your a donor until after your dead because your drivers license is not 100% accurate because you can login and change your stance online to not a donor.

That was one of the things they stressed tonight. It's not until after your die that they find out when they contact the OPO.

Sadly TV has put this into our heads.

I'm not. I know this sounds crazy but what if there's some freak accident where you're still alive when they say you're dead, like you're only paralyzed or something, and they start cutting you up for your organs? Cremate me into oblivion. Edited by Not Brian
meh

My cousin was murdered a few months ago and my other relatives talked my aunt out of donating his organs and then chose cremation instead of burial, I was a little pissed because he could've saved someone elses life.

Dave! What the fuck are you doing here!? I havent heard from you in a long while

I'm not. I know this probably isn't true but what if there's some freak accident that you're still alive when they say you're dead, like you're paralyzed or something, and they start cutting you up for your organs? Cremate me into oblivion.

totally not true. It's not until your Brain dead or Cardiac dead that they contact the Organ Transplant place. At which point they check your status and then see if your a canidate to save a life or improve a life.

totally not true. It's not until your Brain dead or Cardiac dead that they contact the Organ Transplant place. At which point they check your status and then see if your a canidate to save a life or improve a life.

You could be extremely bradycardic like that guy on House who made it all the way to autopsy before waking up.

Ignore the fact that it's a TV show.

Certainly am. Friend of mine died in a horrible car accident right in front of me in high school and she was an organ donor and had her organs go to 6 people. I pledged then that I would always be an Organ donor.