Insects Found in Your House

TTQ B4U

Okay, I'll lead this one off with a HUGE mofo found in our basement. I'm not sure what was bigger, the scream from my wife or the leg-span / reach on this guy. He was the side of a the entire faceplate on our switch!

Definitely the largest I've found or seen in my house. What freaked her out is she saw it after she dragged her hand across the light switch to our laundry room in the basement :fuuuu:

I should have caught him and found a few big spiders and video taped the battle.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/135097404/original.jpg

That's the only bug I get. Exterminator says they are harmless. They sometimes eat plants, but usually other insects. Typically I find them at night, and they move pretty fast, like silverfish almost. Sometimes one gets into the bathtub or sink and gets trapped, which is weird, because they seem to be able to climb walls okay.

I'm told they come up from basements and foundations, especially after a lot of rain. Spraying twice a year eliminates them temporarily. I believe they are a type of house centipede. Kids should not handle them, as they can bite, and it can feel like a bee sting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutigera_coleoptrata

Guest Spam
the apartment I had in Dublin was infested with those things. Haven't seen a single one since I moved to Johnstown, weird. I saw a video once of a centipede so big that it was killing and eating a mouse. FUCK THAT

WTF :no:

Link?

Okay, I'll lead this one off with a HUGE mofo found in our basement. I'm not sure what was bigger, the scream from my wife or the leg-span / reach on this guy. He was the side of a the entire faceplate on our switch!

Definitely the largest I've found or seen in my house. What freaked her out is she saw it after she dragged her hand across the light switch to our laundry room in the basement :fuuuu:

I should have caught him and found a few big spiders and video taped the battle.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/135097404/original.jpg

That is a garden millipede. It is a carnivore and it is a bug killer for in gardens. They are harmless to humans just annoying.

We just call them "creepy crawlies". They are crazy fast and make huge messes when smashed.

They like to come up through drains (which is why you see them in tubs and sinks) and they like humid places like bathrooms, laundry rooms, and basements. I haven't seen one that big in my house but we used to see them all the time in my basement apartment at BGSU.

That is a garden millipede. It is a carnivore and it is a bug killer for in gardens. They are harmless to humans just annoying.

That is a common house centipede. It is a voracious eater of other insects and spiders.

That is a common house centipede. It is a voracious eater of other insects and spiders.

it's also one of the few things in life that makes my skin crawl and would serve as extreme torture to have come into contact with me. :no: