what's your go to place for OEM replacement parts?

evan9381

on my kia, the flex pipe has rusted out, and is annoyingly loud. it pisses me off more because i replaced a bad flex pipe with a brand new piece when i bought this car barely 3 years ago, and since then, haven't put but about 30k miles on it.

as much as i hate this car, i don't want to spend much money. yeah, im cheap. i've found the pipe from $70-100

so whats your favorite spot to get replacement parts for cheap?

on my kia, the flex pipe has rusted out, and is annoyingly loud. it pisses me off more because i replaced a bad flex pipe with a brand new piece when i bought this car barely 3 years ago, and since then, haven't put but about 30k miles on it.

as much as i hate this car, i don't want to spend much money. yeah, im cheap. i've found the pipe from $70-100

so whats your favorite spot to get replacement parts for cheap?

Why would you replace it with an OEM unit that obviously keeps failing, when you could take it to a muffler shop and have them weld a better piece in, for half the price?

i doubt it'd be half the price...the last time i had to get something similar done, it was with my old integra and i bought a stock muffler off a guy which ended up being just a tad different...cost me ~$110 to have them chop the pipe off the muffler, bend a new pipe and attach a new flange. if i can score a pipe for $40-50, it'll take me 30 minutes to replace

dont say that, exhaust gets all rusty and shit.. most the time we torch shit apart at work

it didnt take me long the first time, and that was probably the original pipe, at ~45k miles or so. i would think since ive busted those bolts loose not long ago, they wont be bad this time around

and im sure now that you've said that, im gonna get :fuuuu:

:dumb:

Chalk another one up for rockauto.com

Honestly if I didn't have a set of torches, I would just take exhaust work like that to a shop. It's such a pain in the ass and I have to use the torches about 80% of the time. Sometimes you get lucky though.

• 2 months later...
dont say that, exhaust gets all rusty and shit.. most the time we torch shit apart at work

update

got it swapped out today...took a couple hours, but really it was because we tried working on it with the car just up on ramps first, then i realized my buddy had jack stands, so we got it raise up another 8" or so and have MUCH more room to get under there...a breaker bar and some PB blaster got the bolts broken loose and new part swapped in. so much quieter now, so much better

considering the flex section alone is about a $50 part, your not going to find the front pipe for $50...just sayin

most muffler shops charge $110- $175 to weld in a new flex section on a front pipe from what i have seen. and since most pipes cost around that much....... then when the studs/nuts /bolts are all rusted and start breaking off and so on.... GL