If you had 3k to spend

Diagnosis

What would you suggest for an 95 LT1 camaro? Right now I'm wanting to do LE2 heads, with the 232/240 cam, porting the intake manifold for a 58mm TB, TB and clutch. I'm not looking to be the fastest car out there and I dont have the cash for it. This engine has been good to me so I want to put some life back in it.

I'd say a used supercharger setup, but honestly you tear out the stock clutch for sure, and likely damage the stock bottom end.

Depends on what you plan to do with the car. IMO, do a clutch and rear end, then the drivetrain will be well up to the task of future plans.

If not that, why not a ported set of AFR 195's, LT4 or Edelebrock LT4 intake, and custom ground cam, 58mm TB, and clutch.

I'd say a used supercharger setup, but honestly you tear out the stock clutch for sure, and likely damage the stock bottom end.

Depends on what you plan to do with the car. IMO, do a clutch and rear end, then the drivetrain will be well up to the task of future plans.

If not that, why not a ported set of AFR 195's, LT4 or Edelebrock LT4 intake, and custom ground cam, 58mm TB, and clutch.

I have to agree with this, the car won't be fun for long on the stock drivetrain.

LOL, it's not that hard to make an LT1 fast either folks. Remember, many of the parts are a lot cheaper. :) LS1 owners do get a bit pussy hurt when they get the floor mopped with them with a lowly LT1. :)

Is the LS1 a better platform? Yes. But that doesn't mean the LT1 isn't a very capable platform as well. The fact many of the parts can interchange with a GEN-1 SBC means you can buy rotating assemblies FAR cheaper than an LS1. Same goes for some of the top end parts as well.

I mean, why mod your lowly LS1 when you could swap in a much better LS7, LS9, or LSA platform? Let me guess - cost.

Newbie...I just sold my '95 C4 Corvette...aside from bolt-ons you will NOT get reliability out of a modded LT1 for $3k. If you do, congrats. Your holding the flag for a ferocious army of one.

Focus on traction, handling, braking if you're loyal to your car.

The LS1 is the better engine for sure, the issue is I have owned this car for 14 years and Im lucky to put 2k miles a year on it. I plan on owning this car till I die (yeah, i got problems), I just want to do it right and I do have a sick obsession with building it up. I do like the idea of buying a LT1 and doing a stroker. This will be something I do after the mods for sure. Looking into the AFR 195's too, I have checked out the LT4 intakes and it only cost about 200 more so I might go with this. Gotta do some research on it first though.

I don't plan on pushing the limits with what the engine can handle, hell, I rarely take the thing over 80 mph and dont get close to the rev limiter. I cant help myself sometimes if another car pulls up next to me and wants to see what I got.

If it were mine I would put that cash into a 12 bolt or 9" and a 3.73 or 4.10 rear depending if you are auto or stick. If you shop right you could probably fit a driveshaft loop and clutch in there as well... I broke mine twice in 70K miles- and the first time wasn't even on sticky tires....

I then would start saving for a vortech/procharger or turbo setup. I've been down the the full exhaust, h/c/i spray route and I would only do the heads again... I am also not even that big a fan of headers unless they are VERY well built and high quality ceramic coated and that means $$$$... otherwise they just cause more problems than they are worth... the factory does not put them on for more reasons than cost...before all the haters chime thats imho.

If it were mine I would put that cash into a 12 bolt or 9" and a 3.73 or 4.10 rear depending if you are auto or stick. If you shop right you could probably fit a driveshaft loop and clutch in there as well... I broke mine twice in 70K miles- and the first time wasn't even on sticky tires....

I then would start saving for a vortech/procharger or turbo setup. I've been down the the full exhaust, h/c/i spray route and I would only do the heads again... I am also not even that big a fan of headers unless they are VERY well built and high quality ceramic coated and that means $$$$... otherwise they just cause more problems than they are worth... the factory does not put them on for more reasons than cost...before all the haters chime thats imho.

It is a 6 speed that has a 4.10 gear, the rest of it is stock besides the minor bolt ons. I will most likely keep this car all motor without a super charger or turbo too.