Question about battery

wnaplay1647545503

I have a brand new marine battery with 550CA and 440CCA. Can I put this(it will fit) into an 01 odyssey van? The current battery in the van has 70CCA and 878CA. What kind of issues would I run into 1. having a marine battery in my car 2.Changing the CA/CCA by this much?

Reason: I have a brand new marine battery I have no use for, and I believe my odyssey's battery is going bad.

Marine batteries typically do not charge well with automotive style charging systems, as they are not designed for it. Marine batteries are built to hold a charge for a long period of time, not everyday use. The other issue is the cranking power, a deep cell with only 440cca would not last long in a vehicle equipped with a 700cca stock.

i suggest trying to sell the deep cell on craigslist or something and pick up a appropriate battery for the van, it will last longer and so would your alternator.

• 3 weeks later...
Since you have a newer vehicle I wouldn't worry about the cold cranking amps as much. Even with all the various components of EFI consuming juice you shouldn't need more than 200-250 amps, most modern starters are planetary gear reduction type and draw around 100 amps, leaving quite a lot of head room for additional electronics. What I'd be looking into is the amp/hr charge of your battery. The higher the better in this case (I can't say much, I've got a 6 amp/hr battery :dumb:, but it weighs 6.3 pounds and will start the car every day).