Ebay buyer claims he didn't get his package - what would you?

Nitrousbird

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still like ebay. I sold four cars on ebay in the past , 70 Chevelle SS,56 Chevy 210 Pro Street, 56 Chevy 2 door wagon, and the 01 WS6. I then found my Z06 on ebay and drove to New Jersy to finalize the transaction. I just bought an extra cell phone charger + car charger for my droid inc for 6 bucks shipped off ebay. If it works ok that is cheap.

Well, I decided to let it ride (as I sent him a copy of the receipt I scanned). He filed a claim with Ebay, and I sent my response with a copy of the shipping receipt and explanation that another Ebay bidder, on the same receipt, received their item and left positive feedback. I didn't trust the guy from the beginning when he starts mentioning a refund a couple days after I ship the item.

Maybe I missed it, but did he pay through paypal? If so, remove any money from your paypal account before a claim is filed there. I bought a turbo off eBay and seller claimed it was a new turbo. It looked brand new in the pictures, and when I got it, it was far from new. I told the guy I wanted a refund for false information, he said no. Filed a claim with paypal, and sent them a repair quote on the turbo of $800, and paypal said I had to mail it back at my expense and once returned, a refund would be made. Yeah guy got his turbo back and ditches his paypal account. Lesson learned, haven't had a problem since.

But I would also wonder if the guy is a shady ass if he was asking about a refund just days after shipping. But I wouldn't account for his neighborhood. Good people can be stuck in bad areas. Hopefully proof of shipment works out, but does it even show any part of the address on the receipt?