Picked up a new DD

KennyFKINPowerz

Traded the Yukon in today for a new DD. The Yukon was killing me on gas every week so I needed something a little more fuel efficient. I was always a little scared of Carmax but I have to say that the Sawmill store took really good care of us and trated my antsy 1 year old like one of their own. Really good experience so far with them.

I am not a big fan of the color but the comfort and driveability of the car mixed with all the features made the color insignificant to me. I actually said no when the sales lady showed it to me on the web. When I seen it in person and sat in it I changed my mind.

06 VW Passat

2.0T

I have to wait on my owners manual to arrive so I can figure out how to work all of this shit.

Ill get some interior pics up tomorrow when its not raining.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/jallen_100/2011-11-20190652.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/jallen_100/2011-11-20190704.jpg

OP, nice car. Make sure you change the spark plugs, cabin air filter, engine air filter and the cam follower asap.

Good luck!

I've always had a soft spot for Passats. I'd love to get a VR6 4Motion Sport. :)

If you have any questions, let me know.

Doing some research on that engine might change your mind...

Love those cars, 6mt or auto?

Might want to check the cam follower.

You'll LOVE THE gas MILEAGE!

Pls: get an apr flash :)

Auto and I was just reading about the cam followers and I will be doing this for sure.

Oh boy another addition to the VAG family :rolleyes:

Yes, yes I know. Its pretty bad when your car shopping and one of your main thought are you CR brethrens reactions :).

looks good! I just got an 02 Passat wagon with the 1.8t and its a pretty cool car.

wanna race?

Absolutely

OP, nice car. Make sure you change the spark plugs, cabin air filter, engine air filter and the cam follower asap.

Good luck!

I will be doing all of these.

Edited by KennyFKINPowerz

Good luck!

Is this specific to certain years of the 2.0T? Haven't really followed them.

Good luck!

I did some research back in the day and don't remember finding anything. PM me some info.

Is this specific to certain years of the 2.0T? Haven't really followed them.

If you are refering to the maint items, those are the things that shpuld have been replaced by his mileage based on vw recommendations. Its pretty certain most regular owners aren't doing the correct maint period.

If you were talking about the engine part, the 3.6 in the passat is known to blow the engines. There was a revision afor 2009 I think, but still not worth the risk imo.

If you are refering to the maint items, those are the things that shpuld have been replaced by his mileage based on vw recommendations. Its pretty certain most regular owners aren't doing the correct maint period.

If you were talking about the engine part, the 3.6 in the passat is known to blow the engines. There was a revision afor 2009 I think, but still not worth the risk imo.

Thanks for the reply, I've been considering a '07-'08 GTI and I'm not overly familiar with the 2.0T.

To the OP, nice ride!