Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what happened with OSU not scheduling cupcakes? Next year they are goin to fill the Vanderbilt game void with San Diego St most likely. 2016 they added the power houses of Tulsa and Central Michigan to bolster that schduile lol. Didn't they just come out and say they were not going to schedule MAC level schools and only wanted top 40 calibar schools?

So what happened with OSU not scheduling cupcakes? Next year they are goin to fill the Vanderbilt game void with San Diego St most likely. 2016 they added the power houses of Tulsa and Central Michigan to bolster that schduile lol. Didn't they just come out and say they were not going to schedule MAC level schools and only wanted top 40 calibar schools?

They already have Oklahoma in 2016.

San Diego State is a Big East team in 2013

If what I heard is correct, we were in talks with some Big 12 team and they backed out. I can't for the life of me remember which one, obviously not one of the top teams, but still.

I'll excuse next year since Vandy basically screwed OSU. But 2016 is a little ways down the road.

OSU was trying to get BYU to come here next year but those talks fell through from what I read.

LOL Vandy sent a letter to NorthWestern and tOSU. Instead of an phone call. What a bunch of pussies. Guess they didn't want to start their season with losses.

http://www.thetorgshow.com/

Unless the fan said "we hate you because you are a fat, white, middle aged, married male with children, you're fired"... uh what?

Wah quit crying. We understand it, you don't like him. He peed in your Cheerios whatever... Get over it. Are you like 12 years old? Good lord, let him live.

You've never read his contract, you have no idea. Arrogant, retards like you are part of the problem with this world.

Wah quit crying. We understand it, you don't like him. He peed in your Cheerios whatever... Get over it. Are you like 12 years old? Good lord, let him live.

You've never read his contract, you have no idea. Arrogant, retards like you are part of the problem with this world.

LOL!!!!!!

GFY

I'll excuse next year since Vandy basically screwed OSU. But 2016 is a little ways down the road.

OSU was trying to get BYU to come here next year but those talks fell through from what I read.

Kinda like OSU backed out on UC the last 2 games we were suppose to have. :p Now that we are not that good anymore, they want to play again. lol

(Not trying to stir shit, just find it funny several of you complaining that a BCS school backed out playing another non-conference BCS school, when OSU has done it several times too)

So the big33 game is no more...sort of. Pennsylvania will no longer be facing Ohio players, they will now face off against Maryland kids. WTF?!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3155&t=10075939

Apparently Ohio played a role in this as well as they want more of a focus on th North/South game which no one cares about. You think of all star football games here in Ohio and you think Big33

OSU treats rescheduling with other Ohio teams like rescheduling booty calls with the regulars to get some strange. They'll always be there, and they're always anxious.

I know, just saying... They scheduled to play UC in Cincinnati in 2012, deal made in 2003, when the Bearcats were mediocre at best.... then UC started becoming better, and they decided in 2008 to first cancel the game but after a lot of negotiating, they wouldnt play in Cincinnati and paid UC $1M to move the game to Columbus.... then UC got even better, and OSU decided to cancel the game, and replace UC with UCF this year. (I guess they technically moved the game to 2016)

the only point I am making is, OSU does it too, why get bitter and bash Vandy? And before you give a reason (which may be valid) on why OSU backed out and moved the game, consider that Vandy may as well... Just dont be a hypocrite.

I know, just saying... They scheduled to play UC in Cincinnati in 2012, deal made in 2003, when the Bearcats were mediocre at best.... then UC started becoming better, and they decided in 2008 to first cancel the game but after a lot of negotiating, they wouldnt play in Cincinnati and paid UC $1M to move the game to Columbus.... then UC got even better, and OSU decided to cancel the game, and replace UC with UCF this year. (I guess they technically moved the game to 2016)

the only point I am making is, OSU does it too, why get bitter and bash Vandy? And before you give a reason (which may be valid) on why OSU backed out and moved the game, consider that Vandy may as well... Just dont be a hypocrite.

I was just being an asshole. :) I personally think Ohio State should play the other highest ranked Ohio team from the previous year during nonconference play every season.

UC approached OSU about it due to scheduling issues with the Big East (TCU). They are still playing the 2014 game iirc. UC still got cash and OSU still benefits from the recruiting aspects. Uc would have probably lost, they lost a lot of seniors. I wouldn't call that OSU backing out. Have they ever? yes, will they do it again? yes, but not in this case.

UC approached OSU about it due to scheduling issues with the Big East (TCU).

No, they did not approach OSU about it, due to BE issues. the deal to move/cancel the game happened in 2008 (the same year that hte bearcats ended up going 13-0. 3 years before the BE turmoil began... So don't kid yourself. I even remember there being a bleacher report about it, bashing OSU...

Found it....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/13640-ohio-state-football-buckeyes-snake-out-of-road-game

Recently, Ohio State opted to take a buyout of the 2012 road game. Boldly, Cincinnati AD Mike Thomas and Head Coach Brian Kelly negotiated to keep the game, but Ohio State will now pay the Bearcats $1 million to play the game in Columbus. Kelly said of the situation, "You know how I feel, I'll play anybody, anywhere, anyplace. My philosophy has always been that we need to play Ohio State. If they don't want to play here, I'll play them in a parking lot in Xenia."

regardless of the bias in the article... it is a FACT that OSU backed out, NOT UC.

In another note, god damn, that is why I loved Brian Kelly before he stabbed me in the back and broke my football heart... "Fuck you OSU, we will play you anytime, anywhere, even in a damn parking lot if need be"

:dumb:

They moved the game the shoe in 2012 because UC's athletic program needed the money. It has nothing to do with OSU being afraid to play in your shitty tiny stadium. It has nothing to do with how good UC think they are. It is the same reason why UC whored them self out again for 3.5million to play at VT at fedex field. UC needed the money. And this years game was postponed because of UC thought they had to schedule another conference game because TCU was suppose to join the Big East. TCU didn't join, but tOSU already have UCF on their schedule.

They moved the game the shoe in 2012 because UC's athletic program needed the money.

:dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb:

Read above.... I am stating facts, and your kidding yourself trying to make up reasons why it happened, taking blame off OSU.... Do I think UC has a chance now? Nope, not really... but on the rise they were at the time, they sure as hell could have had a chance.

Furthermore, the game was going to be at Paul Brown, not tiny Nippert. You know, where UC gave OSU a heart attack almost losing in 2004, had it not been through the fingertips of a bad reciever in the endzone... (granted they gave UC a beating in 2006 in Columbus)

Found it....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/13640-ohio-state-football-buckeyes-snake-out-of-road-game

regardless of the bias in the article... it is a FACT that OSU backed out, NOT UC.

In another note, god damn, that is why I loved Brian Kelly before he stabbed me in the back and broke my football heart... "Fuck you OSU, we will play you anytime, anywhere, even in a damn parking lot if need be"

You really got your FACT's from that story?

Look at the date of your article, and look at hte date of hte one I posted. TCU didnt even announce they 'might' join the BE until last year, the whole BE turmoil started last year... the moving of hte game on 2012, happened in 2008.... which is when hte article I posted is from.

However, the date change from 2012 to 2018, could be from UC's end... but the initial change of from being at UC to OSU, was NOT because UC needed the money, or wanted it done. And as i said, in FACT OSU originally wanted to opt out of hte game all together.

And you're going to question my source (bleacher report), but then put up one that is completely biased toward OSU :dumb: Furthermore, I didn't GET my facts from that story.. I stated them before I even found that story, then found a source from a quick search and posted a cited source.... You're trying to insult the intelligence of someone, who I might say, is pretty smart. ;)