Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I know there was a bit of a mix-up when Garrett came in for the spring game. He didn't have a field pass or something so he had to sit in the stands like a regular fan while Raekwon and everyone else was down on the field having a good time. I think he named MSU his leader after that but everything got cleared up. Garrett, Booker and McMillan would be a monster LB core and would definitely get everything going in the right direction as far as that position group is concerned.

And it looks like OSU will have its first public commitment for the class of 2014 next week when 4* WR Thaddeus Snodgrass out of Springfield, OH announces his decision.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014 like I said could be a very special class. I just saw this posted over on scout as well:

Demetrius Knox ‏ @ meechy77 @ ThadSnod1 ok. If it is Ohio state let me know.... I guess I have to start thinking about when I'm going to commit

Knox would be a BIG get and I mean that litterally, kid is 6'5 300lbs as a Jr in highschool haha. Kid has offers from Alabama, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas and Ohio St just to name a few of the smaller ones lol. Word is he grew up a huge Buckeye fan which probablly doesnt hurt the chances.

Another recruit James Quick set his announcement date for Janurary 5th

One more edit*

Just read that OSU leads for a RB out of Tennesee who is part of the 2013 class? His name is Cornelius Elder and dude is fast lol. "2011: Ran for over 2,000 yards on just over 200 carries and scored 22 touchdowns. He finished with five interceptions at safety." You do the math, thats a pretty good YPC lol.

Here his profile on scout which has a video: http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=5218726

I know a guy who lives near Elder and he's been pimping him since this time last year...lol. He's a Vandy fan (guy I know, not Elder) but would love to see Elder in Urban's offense. Said he does have concerns about the competition he plays against though. Not sure he has a real offer.

And Knox would be awesome. The new guys have hit it hard on the DL since they've arrived but they really need some OL. Really hope Dorian Johnson comes OSU's way in the end for 2013.

I remember during the Indiana game they talked about IU possibly being #1 pre-season and I was just like...lolwut. Then the poll came out and it was true.

But yeah, B1G is pretty much the SEC of basketball.

Deshaun Thomas is going to score 80 points a game. :gabe:

He is gonna have to, who else they got thats gonna put points on the board?

Craft can score if he needs to. Just watch the games where he actually decided to drive with the ball. Amir Williams will score 10+/game this year and Sam Thompson will score 10+ on dunks alone......haha.

None of the above mentioned outside of Craft have proven anything. I think OSU will be decent, I just dont know if they are #4 decent. The good thing about NCAA Basketball is rankings mean absolutely squat thanks to the tournament. Win 18+ games and you're pretty much assured of getting into the tourney. Thats where the magic begins

None of the above mentioned outside of Craft have proven anything. I think OSU will be decent, I just dont know if they are #4 decent. The good thing about NCAA Basketball is rankings mean absolutely squat thanks to the tournament. Win 18+ games and you're pretty much assured of getting into the tourney. Thats where the magic begins

L Zelle is a 47% shooter and a 37% 3point shooter. Averaged 11 ppg as the 3rd option in the tourney. He averaged 12ppg on the season when he played 30in or more.

Not football related but has anyone else seen the preseason coaches poll for basketball?

1. Indiana

4. Ohio State

5. Michigan

14. Michigan St

21. Wisconsin

28. Cincy (Just for you Juiced lol)

5 B1G in the top 25 is good! OSU has really re-emerged as a solid basketball program the last 5-6 years or so.

Another lowly school problem, Big East was the top dog in NCAA basketball, but that is over now as well with the recent break-up :( As a huge bball fan, that upsets much more than football problems....

But I will still disagree with the statement that the "B1G is hte SEC of basketball" I would have to give that to the ACC with the BE falling, and the ACC picking up some of their top programs, not to mention their historical dominance with Duke and NC. And then there's the SEC, with Kentucky basically owning it, and the only reason UK is allowed to stay in the SEC for football, lol.

The B1G is the SEC of basketball thing was just a joke because of the rankings. 3 of the top 5 teams... B-1-G! B-1-G! B-1-G!

But yeah, like DaddyBuilt said, rankings thankfully don't mean much in basketball.

Deshaun should average over 20 a game. Then Craft will have to be more assertive on the offensive side. Not sure I'd put Amir at 10+ a game just yet. Think Thompson will go 15+ a game and Lenzelle will be right around there. Then you've got Scott and Ross off the bench with some scoring ability. Could have another Diebler-esque shooter off the bench in Della Valle. They'll be fine. I think this team is actually more Matta's style. I really don't think his system excels when there's an Oden or a Sullinger who just need to have the ball fed. The teams with Oden and Sullinger were incredibly successful but Matta did just as well at Butler and Xavier without those kinds of guys.

And I will also miss the old Big East. The Big East tourney is almost always a must watch for me. An awesome warm-up for the big tourney every year.