Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I think ESPN kept OSU off because OSU isn't bowl eligible. Only way to explain it really. OSU won't be in the coaches poll which is ESPN/USA Today sponsored or whatever so they probably don't want to mess with it. No idea if they had USC in their pre-season rankings/power rankings the last 2 seasons with their bowl ineligibility though.

I think somewhere around 15 in the AP would be about right.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ESPN kept OSU off because OSU isn't bowl eligible. Only way to explain it really. OSU won't be in the coaches poll which is ESPN/USA Today sponsored or whatever so they probably don't want to mess with it. No idea if they had USC in their pre-season rankings/power rankings the last 2 seasons with their bowl ineligibility though.

I think somewhere around 15 in the AP would be about right.

I don't think it matters what we are ranked preseason. I am just hoping for a 12-0 season beating the shit out everyone in the big10 and running up the score on wiskydicks and that team up north.

I can't wait till next season. The big10 have proven that they can't defend against a good spread offense. When UM ran the spread in 2010 under rich rod, they were 8th in total offense in the nation. And Rich Rod didn't have that talented of an offense. I am excited to see what Meyers will do. I am hoping for 40+ points per game with one of the best defenses in the country. :)

I don't think it matters what we are ranked preseason. I am just hoping for a 12-0 season beating the shit out everyone in the big10 and running up the score on wiskydicks and that team up north.

I can't wait till next season. The big10 have proven that they can't defend against a good spread offense. When UM ran the spread in 2010 under rich rod, they were 8th in total offense in the nation. And Rich Rod didn't have that talented of an offense. I am excited to see what Meyers will do. I am hoping for 40+ points per game with one of the best defenses in the country. :)

Fuck yeah, getting me pumped

Supposedly the thing that got Bielema all in a tizzy was....

He thought OSU was having jerseys made for recruits to "simulate a gameday experience" which is not allowed. The pictures floating around out there of recruits in OSU jerseys (Noah Spence, Stefon Diggs, Jamal Marcus, etc.) on their visits were them in either pro combat equipment that had stayed with the school or current players' jerseys. When Bielema was told they were just current players' jerseys he was just like... "Ohhhhhhhhhh." Because he's a moron.

Here are some of the pictures that got Bielema(d) upset...

Noah Spence

http://www.escoutroom.com/Portals/4/images/DNNArticle/Windows-Live-Writer/7b7a532b8d35_149EC/Noah%20Spence%202012%20Defensive%20End_2.jpg

Taylor Decker

http://www.escoutroom.com/Portals/4/images/DNNArticle/Windows-Live-Writer/442117f2fa55_1431A/Taylor%20Decker%20Vandalia%20Ohio_2.jpg

Stefon Diggs (please please please...lol)

http://i.imgur.com/ALaQt.jpg

Jamal Marcus

http://i.imgur.com/VPEGu.png

Cam Williams and Armani Reeves

http://i.imgur.com/GFLFM.png

I love how this whole thing with Bielema and Meyer played out:

- Bielema looks like a crybaby, a tattle-tale, and an idiot. I hated him before, and now I have even more reason to hate him and laugh at him.

- Meyer looks like a fucking boss. Basically is like, "Fuck yeah I took your shit and next year I'm going to take your shit and the year after that I'm going to take your shit. Deal with it, fucks." I love how aggressive and confident and competitive he is. I also love how decisive he is. So much different than milquetoast Tressel.

can you imagine if the Buckeyes go undefeated and everyone else has 1 or 2 losses

I love how this whole thing with Bielema and Meyer played out:

- Bielema looks like a crybaby, a tattle-tale, and an idiot. I hated him before, and now I have even more reason to hate him and laugh at him.

- Meyer looks like a fucking boss. Basically is like, "Fuck yeah I took your shit and next year I'm going to take your shit and the year after that I'm going to take your shit. Deal with it, fucks." I love how aggressive and confident and competitive he is. I also love how decisive he is. So much different than milquetoast Tressel.

can't agree more I fucking hate that Wisconsin fat turd, He's just upset because this year will be his last year at a Big Ten championship

Alright boys its almost game time, who ya taking? I am gonna say Giants by 7

so is it me or is the Super Bowl not for the average fan? ESPN was saying that parking is about $450, game tickets cost anywhere from $800-$6,000, suites cost anywhere from $80,000-$425,000. really???

^ its definitely not. I was reading somewhere (wall street journal iirc) that over 1100 private jets were arriving there today, more than there airport can handle/ever has had there. Regardless of how you go, you definitely need some disposable income to go.

He didn't really have a shot at the ball. The one angle made it look like he did, but the 2nd angle they showed you could see that the ball was several feet away and he was tripping over legs.

I really hate having to say this about a Michigan player, but the Manningham catch was one of the best I have seen in that type of situation. What made it even better was the fact that Colinsworth was giving him shit about being too close to the sideline earlier in the 2nd half

Oh also, the halftime show was terrible. Why they continue to have bands/performers that no one cares about is beyond me. Madonna was popular in the 80s and has just held on to fame since then with a catchy song here and there. There was some lip syncing going on between her and Nicki Minaj (another terrible singer)

He didn't really have a shot at the ball. The one angle made it look like he did, but the 2nd angle they showed you could see that the ball was several feet away and he was tripping over legs.

I really hate having to say this about a Michigan player, but the Manningham catch was one of the best I have seen in that type of situation. What made it even better was the fact that Colinsworth was giving him shit about being too close to the sideline earlier in the 2nd half

Oh also, the halftime show was terrible. Why they continue to have bands/performers that no one cares about is beyond me. Madonna was popular in the 80s and has just held on to fame since then with a catchy song here and there. There was some lip syncing going on between her and Nicki Minaj (another terrible singer)

not a fan of either team but it was a really good game

http://i.qkme.me/35w8bf.jpg

:lol: