Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Pat White was also converted to WR by the Dolphins! Lets disregard the fact he throws lame duck looking passes, over throws wide open recievers, under throws open recievers, throws behind recievers...in exchange I'll over look the dropped passes, that work for ya?

Pat White was never CONVERTED to a WR. He played QB in the wildcat and also spread out wide in the Wildcat when 2 QBs were on the field. Guess when we see Braxton and Guiton do that this year, we should assume that they went ahead and converted Braxton to a WR.

Also, I don't know who you are watching if you think that Braxton has throws like that constantly throughout games. He has maybe 1 or 2 bad passes per game. He is also getting 3-4 legit drops per game. The WR would hang onto those passes, he would be in the top 20 in passer rating this year. Also, in the past few games, his deep throws have been dare I say, perfect.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know who you think you are watching if you think he throws good balls consistantly....Same thing I said back when Matt Leinart was playing for USC, dude threw the ugliest passes yet everyone gushed about how great of qb he was. We'll have to watch the game this week and see how many bad throws he has vs how many good deep passes he has. He has thrown some terrible bubble screen passes this year, main one that comes to mind was a couple to Jordan Hall when he was healthy. The vast majority of his passes this year have been short passes, just recently they started opening it up a little more for him

PS went back and edited my post, I thought they had tried him at WR but apparently he just said he was open to the idea of playing other positions.

lmfao at having a better season then TP's jr year. Braxton better chuck up another 1500 yards in the next 5 games cause this was TP's stats

2772 yards 27 Td's

754 yards 4 TDs

1 recieving TD

Braxton will have better rushing stats I will give you that and have said that he is an amazing runner.

That comment really cracked me up, almost as funny as posters on scout saying Fickell can't coach linebackers, yet refuse to remember all the really good linebackers he has coached while at OSU. Short memories I guess

lmfao at having a better season then TP's jr year. Braxton better chuck up another 1500 yards in the next 5 games cause this was TP's stats

2772 yards 27 Td's

754 yards 4 TDs

1 recieving TD

Braxton will have better rushing stats I will give you that and have said that he is an amazing runner.

He's playing better as a whole. You want to talk about bad decisions and bad passes, that would have been TP.

I'll also put money on Braxton having a better passer rating and comparable completion %. Their YPA are comparable. Let's not forget that those #s include a bowl game that Braxton won't get to play in.

That comment really cracked me up, almost as funny as posters on scout saying Fickell can't coach linebackers, yet refuse to remember all the really good linebackers he has coached while at OSU. Short memories I guess

Your comments are worse. Enjoy!

It will all come down to Braxton having more Tds, more total yards this year, with 1 less game.

That will make my statement of

Let's look at the fact that this is the best QB play we have had in 6 years
100% true.

Damn did you double and triple at the same time? Ballin! Haha I feel the same way about you 99% of the time, I just think its funny how you feel Braxton is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ when in reality he is not a very good qb regardless of what his inflated completion percentage will show. I could have a 70% completion percentage by throwing screens and bubble screens all day long lol. He is an amazing athlete getting by on just that, here's one for you, would you say Tim Tebow is a great qb? Most likely that answer is a NO, yet he had amazing numbers in an Urban Meyer offense. Wanna bet Braxton is a 2nd or later round pick when his time comes? Doesnt mean he wasn't a great college player, just means he's not a great qb...there is a huge difference, I think you have failed to grasp this.

Take away 221 yards for Pryor and 2 TDs. Braxton still needs 1300 yards in 6 games, good luck! He will have more rushing yards, not disputing that, it helps that for a while he refused to hand the ball off and was getting 20+ rushing attempts. He is on pace for over 200 rushes for gods sake. I dont really consider a guy that carries the ball 200 times to be a qb, thats running back numbers, idk maybe I am traditional or old school.

If it helps calm the rage inside of you that I think you have, I would venture to agree that Braxton gets an invite to NY this year and will come into next year as a front runner for the Heisman with OSU a preseason top 3 team

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Damn did you double and triple at the same time? Ballin! Haha I feel the same way about you 99% of the time, I just think its funny how you feel Braxton is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ when in reality he is not a very good qb regardless of what his inflated completion percentage will show. I could have a 70% completion percentage by throwing screens and bubble screens all day long lol. He is an amazing athlete getting by on just that, here's one for you, would you say Tim Tebow is a great qb? Most likely that answer is a NO, yet he had amazing numbers in an Urban Meyer offense. Wanna bet Braxton is a 2nd or later round pick when his time comes? Doesnt mean he wasn't a great college player, just means he's not a great qb...there is a huge difference, I think you have failed to grasp this.

Take away 221 yards for Pryor and 2 TDs. Braxton still needs 1300 yards in 6 games, good luck! He will have more rushing yards, not disputing that, it helps that for a while he refused to hand the ball off and was getting 20+ rushing attempts. He is on pace for over 200 rushes for gods sake

If it helps calm the rage inside of you that I think you have, I would venture to agree that Braxton gets an invite to NY this year and will come into next year as a front runner for the Heisman with OSU a preseason top 3 team

I have no rage and there is nothing I hate failed to grasp. You don't like Braxton much and that's all there is to it.

Also, if Braxton does what Tebow did in college, I would be more than ecstatic. Tebow has problems in the NFL because of his throwing motion and slow release.Miller came into OSU with better throwing mechanics than Tebow has had in a few years with NFL coaches.

I actually enjoy watching him play as I think he is an explosive player. Hell I just bought my wife and kid both #5 jerseys lol. I just hate how everyone thinks he is this great god of a qb, he isn't. He is an athlete, point blank. Is he special with the ball in his hands running? Absolutely!! Do I think he will ever put up huge passing numbers? Nope sure dont. He will most likely win a heisman before his time is done simply because as you have stated his overall yardage will be nuts due to all the rushing yards. Urban loves padding stats with his qb and I see no reason why he wont do the same for Braxton.

If Braxton does what Tebow did while at Florida I will recant every bad thing I have ever said about he and Urban Meyer lol.

That seems like a great thing, but lets be real here for a second...what great passers has OSU produced? Hell the best one in recent years has been Troy Smith, before that probablly Bobby Hoying, you could toss Germaine in there but wasnt here long enough. Im too young to remember many past those guys. TP was set to break every qb record here at OSU and many feel he wasn't that great of a qb haha.

Let's not forget that those #s include a bowl game that Braxton won't get to play in.

Exactly. And the funny thing is Braxton is still on pace to top Pryor's junior numbers without a 13th game.

I don't think anyone in the universe would say he's Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Drew Brees throwing the ball. He's only had basically 10-11 months of real QB coaching now. His mechanics, throwing motion and arm strength are all there. He just needs a tad bit more experience in this offense and his WR's need to stop dropping easy balls and it's going to be scary. I mean, we're nitpicking a sophomore who is by all accounts a top 3 Heisman candidate right now...lol.

Now that we're nearing the end of this season I feel like taking a look to next season... holy shit. The offense is going to be incredible.

- Braxton at QB with Kenny "100% TD Rate" Guiton backing him up

- everyone back at RB (lots of talk of Hall taking a medical redshirt now) plus Ezekiel Elliott

- all the important WR's (hate to say it but Stoney isn't really important) back plus Jalin Marshall, Sheldon Gibson, maybe James Quick

- 4/5 OL back with the 5th being replaced by a true sophomore (Decker) who was neck and neck with the starter (Fragel) going into this season

- all the TE's back plus Marcus Baugh (could play, probably won't need to with Heuerman and Vannett playing well)

Defense... they can't get much worse so even though they lose most of the best parts (Simon, Williams, Sabino, Howard, probably Hankins, possibly Roby) there won't be much of a decline because there's not really anywhere to decline to.

- DL will be young but talented... Spence, Washington, Schutt all played this year, Bennett will be healthy, Joel Hale and Steve Miller back, Sevon Pittman will play, Joey Bosa could come in and make an immediate impact and if Hankins miraculously stays... mmmmmm

- LB... who knows? Shazier is back. Grant needs to do something. People really like Cam Williams and Josh Perry. Jamal Marcus and David Perkins are freaks athletically just not picking up the defense yet. I could see them being very good or as bad as this year.

- DB's... hoping Roby returns. Barnett and Bryant aren't very good but they're back. Grant has shown nice flashes this season and should be able to step right in for Howard. Then Bogard probably at Star. If Roby goes NFL too then they're looking to current true freshmen to stop in probably.

- Special teams just lose Buchanan but he hasn't been better than average. Urban's got himself another really good punter coming in so maybe he takes over from the start or maybe Frank the Greek is a punter

Offense wil be a strong point next year, defense ha I guess we shall see! I unfortunately think it can get worse. I am worried about the back 7 next year more than I am this year, especially if Roby leaves. Hankins and Roby coming back would lighten my worries a bit, I just think atleast 1 of those 2 are gone.

There are people who think OSU might not even land a LB in this recruiting class. I have a hard time believing that, whats your boy Nevada have to say about this? The talk about Mike Mitchell has cooled down a ton, which sort of scares me. I think he may just end up somewhere like Oklahoma as its closer to home for him and his family. It'd be nice if Urban could get Rods little brother Jalin to flip from ND. I have even seen talk about maybe going after some JUCO's to fill the void.

They probably already have a LB in Darron Lee. And Chris Worley who is very similar to Lee (could be a safety, could be a LB, could be a Star) is supposedly in.

nevada had Mitchell to OSU months ago and is still sticking to that. Everyone figures once he actually visits it'll be done.

There's that 1 JUCO LB who is supposedly visiting for the Michigan game. Then there are a couple LB's currently committed elsewhere that they are working on (Auburn LB commit Trey Johnson, Florida LB commit Daniel McMillan). And another LB out of Florida, Skai Moore.

Could technically end up with 3-4 LB's in this class (Worley, Lee, Mitchell and one of Johnson, McMillan or Moore).

Currently have 17 commits and 21 spots. Most expect it to be about 25 spots available by signing day so 8 more kids...

Basically in...

Gibson

Worley

Mitchell

Trending up for OSU...

Dorian Johnson

James Quick

Leaves 3 more spots for those committed LB's, Moore, someone like Vonn Bell or some other surprises.

Tim Tebow was arguably the greatest college football player of all time. Arguably, I said. But still arguable. Two national championships, 3 BCS bowl wins, a Heisman, nearly two Heismans, and unquestionably one of the most charismatic figures the game has had in the past generation, if not more. I'd be estatic if Braxton accomplishes half the stuff Tebow did. And, BTW, for the record I think Tebow is kind of annoying. But, I'd take his resume as my quarterback's resume any day.

Never saw any confirmation on Torg being fired. Not sure where the guy who told me that saw it. Whatever.

Somewhat similar story (douchebags related to OSU-football at least)...

Former Bucknuts "insider" BukiBill06 was arrested in Key West on Oct. 10th and is being brought back to Ohio for $25k in unpaid child support.

He is an ultimate scumbag when it comes to... well... everything. And Bucknuts and its posters loved and supported him for years.

Mugshot from his arrest...

http://i.imgur.com/Bqww5.jpg