Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW what did Nevada have to say about Dorian Johnson? Cause kid committed to Pitt over the weekend and a lot of people felt he was OSU bound lol.

He didn't say much if anything. I don't really remember. Most "insiders" stayed away from him because he was pretty quiet and really seemed to want to stay closer to home. If his visits to OSU would have happened then it looked good but Pitt pulled out all the stops for him and Robert Foster this past weekend.

I think everyone knew they were coming. The B1G made the right move with Nebraska first though.

As for the last 2, UNC and Georgia Tech rumors are FLYING. I guess they want in the CIC bad.

nevada says GT was floated over the weekend to keep pressure on Maryland to join. Never a real serious option.

UNC and GT would give the CIC 15 schools in the top 75 and 8 in the top 50. It would effectively be the most powerful research consortium in the world.

And Rutgers is better than half of the current B1G

Pitt's recruiting class this year is pretty decent, especially once they land Foster which everyone thinks they will.

Yeah, I haven't really paid much attention to them since they started the season off with a loss to YSU...lol. A lot of people said Chryst wasn't a great recruiter either so I thought... well, they're not getting the X's and O's right and he's not going to being in the talent so this looks like a disaster. But they got stuff corrected pretty fast and actually should have beat ND too.

It was Mack Brown, I posted that in here. He is claiming that its hurting recruiting lol

I guess he counts as an "official Texas person." lol

I don't think he's wrong though either. How many providers were carrying LHN to start this season? I know a few jumped on mid-season or so but it wasn't on that many to start off.

Another thing on Maryland... Under Armor is based in Baltimore. nevada says their CEO has vowed to try and do with Maryland what Nike has done with Oregon. Traditionalists may not like what Oregon does but kids love it.

Not sure that is really "Nevada news". It's pretty well known that is what UA is doing. They are also going to fund the move to the B1G and have been a big factor in it for quite some time

Mack Brown is hurting Texas recruiting if anything. I dont buy that the LHN is hurting them, that'd be like Urban saying BTN is hurting OSU in recruiting. Texas is the biggest state in the damn country, loaded with some of, if not the best talent in the country year in and year out.

About Oregon, I can see why 18 year olds would love to play football there. Think about it: each weekend, you get a whole new set of completely blinged out gear to wear out on a national stage. Sure, it's probably not my thing now, but I can tell you that I'd likely be into that when I was 18. Fuck, I had like seven pairs of Jordans and I needed zero pairs.

I think it's cool what Oregon/Nike is doing, and I think it's cool what Maryland/Under Armour is doing too. I think they are both marketing geniuses for catering to the young, urban crowd.

CBSSports.com‏ @ CBSSports RT @ JFowlerCBS : ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida and Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland. UCONN is in the drivers seat. RIP Big East.

BTW started thinking of this from a non football perspective, North Carolina to the B10 would be awesome for Basketball. The big10 is already a pretty good conference in that aspect, adding a powerhouse like UNC would only bolster that.

Fucking Delany killing the Big Ten. On Bishop Rothman this morning I heard Maryland and Rutgers will be joining the Leaders Division and Indiana will move to the Legends. A perfect Opportunity to go East/West and put Ohio State and Michigan in the same division.....Delany drops the ball again. Maybe OSU and Michigan should consider moving to the Big 12, shove that in Delany's face.

Fucking Delany killing the Big Ten. On Bishop Rothman this morning I heard Maryland and Rutgers will be joining the Leaders Division and Indiana will move to the Legends. A perfect Opportunity to go East/West and put Ohio State and Michigan in the same division.....Delany drops the ball again. Maybe OSU and Michigan should consider moving to the Big 12, shove that in Delany's face.

You're dumb. The whole plan from the beginning was to keep the 2 traditional powers in separate divisions. Saying he dropped the ball again is stupid because there was no ball to drop to begin with. OSU and UM are never going to be in the same division

You're dumb. The whole plan from the beginning was to keep the 2 traditional powers in separate divisions. Saying he dropped the ball again is stupid because there was no ball to drop to begin with. OSU and UM are never going to be in the same division

Excuse me? All putting them in seperate divisions does is keep the opportunity for both of them to knock eachother out of the what's going to be "playoff" picture. Let's say they both go into their final game 11-0. Let's say Michigan wins the regular season game, okay now OSU is 12-0 and Michigan 11-1 and they re-match in Indianapolis and Michigan wins. Now there's a good possibility they could both be on the outside looking in on the top 4. Besides the fact that playing eachother twice in one season takes away how special the Rivalry is.

btw I heard this fact as well. Maryland's all time record against the Big Ten...4-44-1 :lolguy:

Excuse me? All putting them in seperate divisions does is keep the opportunity for both of them to knock eachother out of the what's going to be "playoff" picture. Let's say they both go into their final game 11-0. Let's say Michigan wins the regular season game, okay now OSU is 12-0 and Michigan 11-1 and they re-match in Indianapolis and Michigan wins. Now there's a good possibility they could both be on the outside looking in on the top 4. Besides the fact that playing eachother twice in one season takes away how special the Rivalry is.

btw I heard this fact as well. Maryland's all time record against the Big Ten...4-44-1 :lolguy:

You're beating a dead horse.