Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt Urban say Braxton was the best athlete he's ever coached and told Sharriff Floyd that he would die for him? Coaches say a lot of shit lol.

What's your point? That Antoine Winfield is...what? Not a good athlete? Not as good as your dope smoking Honey Badger? What exactly are you trying to get at? That someone because Cooper said what he did that we should automatically discredit it? What the fuck kind of logic is that? Perhaps we should just defer to your judgment on talent.

Please, enlighten us. I'm sure everyone is quite curious to hear how you'll manage to derogate Antoine Winfield - only one of the most decorated and celebrated players in Ohio State football history.

Zack what is Nevada's count for this class? Someone posted on scout that there is only 3 spots currently left so the staff must be preparing for some early departures and transfers or some of the kids still left on the board arent coming. Rumors swirling abou Hyde possibly leaving early, coming off a great season, imagine his stats had he not missed 3 games and shared so many carries with Braxton. I think if he gets word back that he is 3rd round or higher he is gone and I wouldn't blame him. The average career of an NFL player is short, even more so for running backs.

Bill Greene on Scout tends to be the one who posts "who finishes out this class" stuff almost weekly and he's got 6 more kids coming in. Mitchell, Johnson, Quick, Gibson, Conley and Worley.

Haven't seen a lot of people thinking Hyde will leave. Obviously most attention is on Hankins and Roby with the general thought being Hankins is gone and Roby is staying. Then Hall is almost certainly going to be back with a medical redshirt.

A guy that nevada keeps mentioning as a possible surprise early entry? Andrew Norwell. Apparently he's not very bright and that makes going to class and staying eligible very hard. But dumb OL in the NFL aren't exactly a hot commodity...lol.

Then there will be a few transfers that the coaches are probably already aware of. 3 spots left with Hall returning, Hankins goes so that's 4 then you find 2 more in transfers... pretty normal sounding actually.

What's your point? That Antoine Winfield is...what? Not a good athlete? Not as good as your dope smoking Honey Badger? What exactly are you trying to get at? That someone because Cooper said what he did that we should automatically discredit it? What the fuck kind of logic is that? Perhaps we should just defer to your judgment on talent.

Please, enlighten us. I'm sure everyone is quite curious to hear how you'll manage to derogate Antoine Winfield - only one of the most decorated and celebrated players in Ohio State football history.

I believe I gave Winfield props by this statement "Antoine Winfield says hello". So come down off your high horse that you suddenly seem to be on. What I am getting at is coaches say all sorts of things to give players props, and do say crazy shit all the time. Just because John Cooper said something, doesn't necessarily mean he truely believes it. I have a hard time believing Winfield is the VERY BEST athlete Cooper ever coached and I would wager I am not the only one to think that, maybe he was, who knows, hell who really fucking cares at this point? My point this entire time has not been about Winfield vs Mathieu, its been that a top level DB does not need to be 6'2 and 220lbs in order to make a living in the NFL, nor do they have to be that big in order to be a 1st round pick.

I have yet to see one post about Norwell possibly leaving, but read 2-3 today alone about the possibilty of Hyde leaving.

Sometimes I question why I even bother posting in this thread lmfao.

I believe I gave Winfield props by this statement "Antoine Winfield says hello". So come down off your high horse that you suddenly seem to be on. What I am getting at is coaches say all sorts of things to give players props, and do say crazy shit all the time. Just because John Cooper said something, doesn't necessarily mean he truely believes it. I have a hard time believing Winfield is the VERY BEST athlete Cooper ever coached and I would wager I am not the only one to think that, maybe he was, who knows, hell who really fucking cares at this point? My point this entire time has not been about Winfield vs Mathieu, its been that a top level DB does not need to be 6'2 and 220lbs in order to make a living in the NFL, nor do they have to be that big in order to be a 1st round pick.

I have yet to see one post about Norwell possibly leaving, but read 2-3 today alone about the possibilty of Hyde leaving.

Sometimes I question why I even bother posting in this thread lmfao.

So, basically, you're saying that you were wrong and that you're sorry. Apology accepted.

I don't think he's a top 10 talent. And he's been away from the game for a year now. Wouldn't be surprised to see him drop as far as the 3rd or 4th round because there are so many unknowns and the only real known thing now is his pot problem.

^ Agreed

what he does on the field is nothing short of amazing.

^ Yeah in college

Mathieu is awful in man coverage and is way too small to play safety. Too small to match up with big receivers on the outside. Most likely he will end up on a team that will use him as an inside nickel corner or the robber.

^ Exactly. Nobody will spend an early 1st on a small, slow CB who can't cover

I agree with your that he is a very talented football player. He is reckless, cocky, and lacks discipline. He is also undersized for a CB. He might be able to prove that size doesn't matter because he is much more talented than most players at the college level. It would be a different story in the NFL. And he would be a pretty big risk for any NFL team on a first or second round draft pick.

^ Yep

Antonie Winfield was a pure corner back, he was way more talented in the CB position than Mathieu. Mathieu is not a pure CB, that's why the years he was at LSU, he was never the best CB on the team and never defended the best WR on the opposing team. Mathieu is position-less defensive playmaker as some would call him. He is too small to play a safty, doesn't have the coverage abilities to play as a every down CB. He has the vision and reaction abilities of a great linebacker but he is way to small to be even be considered. He also didn't play his junior year and who knows what he has been doing in his off year.

^ Right again.

Even when he was still playing, 90% of scouts thought it would be stupid for anyone to draft him in the 1st round. At this point he would be extremely lucky to be drafted earlier than the 3rd. It's not about what you do in college, it's about how you project to the NFL

Rumor Mill is Purdue is courting Butch Jones for the head coaching job.... Seriously? WTF? If Butch is going to leave for another/bigger school, I would hope for fucks sake it would at least be a GOOD program... I'm sure you will disagree, but I would say the Bearcats are a better team than the fucking Boilermakers... This big east turmoil is killing me.

Rumor Mill is Purdue is courting Butch Jones for the head coaching job.... Seriously? WTF? If Butch is going to leave for another/bigger school, I would hope for fucks sake it would at least be a GOOD program... I'm sure you will disagree, but I would say the Bearcats are a better team than the fucking Boilermakers... This big east turmoil is killing me.

Umm....who would say that Purdue is a better football job?.....No f'ing way. Maybe money would be better, but I wouldn't bet on that either.

Tom Brady practicing in a Mike Vrabel OSU jersey due to losing a bet over The Game...lol

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/381707_10151255100184799_620704068_n.jpg

http://cachemediasrv.patriots.com/ImgDyn.cfm?s=brady1_6635.jpg&c=1&w=500&cs=1

That's awesome!!! :fuckyeah:

Purdue can pay more than majority of FBS schools.

Cincinnati's stock is dropping quickly because of (as you stated) the Big East turmoil. Every decent team is fleaing and it will no longer be a BCS AQ conference, so it makes sense to leave. Purdue isn't a great program but it isn't Indiana...The chances to win 8 or 9 games there still exists and if he can do that he will be able to leave and go to a bigger and better program. The money is another obvious reason to leave.

Jones currently makes 800k more than Purdue paid Hope

Wow, I didn't realize how much Danny Hope's salary was.. LOL To think that some DC in the B1G make nearly as much as him. Purdue needs to open up their wallet if they want to be some what competitive in the B1G.

Wow, I didn't realize how much Danny Hope's salary was.. LOL To think that some DC in the B1G make nearly as much as him. Purdue needs to open up their wallet if they want to be some what competitive in the B1G.

Have read that they plan to do just that. Could be a reason for Jones to take a look. Would be pretty ridiculous though.

Anyone else hear about Georgia Tech being offered a spot in the B1G? 97.1 was talking about saying "sources" say but who knows how legitimate it is. I really don't want them, although Delany is looking at it in a money aspect of course appealing to the Atlanta market, but they don't bring a whole lot of value in football or basketball. Every once in a while they're decent but not really what I want after adding Rutgers and Maryland.

I think everyone knew they were coming. The B1G made the right move with Nebraska first though.

As for the last 2, UNC and Georgia Tech rumors are FLYING. I guess they want in the CIC bad.

Oh hai

Tom Brady practicing in a Mike Vrabel OSU jersey due to losing a bet over The Game...lol

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/381707_10151255100184799_620704068_n.jpg

http://cachemediasrv.patriots.com/ImgDyn.cfm?s=brady1_6635.jpg&c=1&w=500&cs=1

Best ever!!

Anyone see the end of the Georgia vs Alabama game? Definitely a bonehead play. Just fitting the stupid dog and their bones on the helmets.

Oh well, Notre Dame vs Alabama it is.

Dumb, but pure instinct and great reflexes to catch a tipped pass. Ultimately, the bonehead award goes to the coaching staff who (presumably) told Murray not to spike the ball after it looked pretty clear what he was coming to the line to do...

Either way, GREAT game. I was hoping for the Bulldogs to win so we could see some fresh blood in the championship, but Roll Tide. Fuck Notre Dame. Georgia better get an at-large bid in one of the BCS bowls, at least.