Home security- Who do you use?

silverhatch

Sonitrol has some really good solutions if you're looking for a mid to high end equipment/monitoring solution. They also have a more basic setup similar to ADT, called Paragon (Edit: looks like that may be gone now). Their audio/video alarm systems are pretty neat.

http://www.sonitrol.com/

I know where this was heading.

I use a gun, only works when I home though, lol. The neighbor never leaves and has more guns then me. Since he is my brother, I guess it is me and him that make up the neighbor hood watch on FOB FM.

I have two one 930 spx by my bed with buck x2 followed with slug then 2 more buck and slug in case they bring a friend . If you make it out the door the driveway is long enough, that the AR-15 will put about 30 holes in the car on the way out.

I use a private guy - Scott Epelbaum - who set up my home for $26 a month, nothing up front. Was originally $25 but it went up a dollar once in the last 4 years. My house already had an old '80s Amex Warner security system for doors and windows, but he tested all the contact points and wiring and everything was good. Gemini system, cell phone communication with a battery back-up (since I don't have a landline phone at home), fire/smoke, and a pet-sensitive motion sensor in the main entrance/hallway. He was recommended to me from my bro-in-law, and I've since recommended him to a few other friends who have been very pleased.

Brinks - ADT

^^ this. Get a cell back. Worth it IMO. They call within 1 minute of the alarm sounding.

I use a private guy - Scott Epelbaum - He was recommended to me from my bro-in-law, and I've since recommended him to a few other friends who have been very pleased.

^^ I used scott to design and layout and purchasing of the the wireless motion sensors we have around our property. Nice to have as you get an early warning, especially if you have dogs that hear the chimes associated with them. Even when we're not home, if they go off, the dogs go ballistic and whoever is outside knows they have been spotted and sees the dogs are on guard.

We no longer have a problem with kids cutting between the houses as spotlights outside, motion sensors and dogs tend to keep them away.

AlarmOne, Jeffrey Technologies.

Have Cellular and battery back up. LCD touch screen control. I can even turn the lights and thermostat off and on from my phone

http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsc/images/tuxedo-touch_pr.jpg

Gotta chime in...

Benelli m1 super 90 tactical with mixture of 3 in shells,

Various 1911's

And just in case bears invade my home, s&w 629 .44 mag....

Nothing wrong with an alarm system that will alert you via cell phone tho!!!

AlarmOne, Jeffrey Technologies.

Have Cellular and battery back up. LCD touch screen control. I can even turn the lights and thermostat off and on from my phone

http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsc/images/tuxedo-touch_pr.jpg

That sound cool, but what kinda pricetag does that come with? Also how much per month?

That sound cool, but what kinda pricetag does that come with? Also how much per month?

The monthly service (including the cellular charge) is $27.

My home owners insurance went down about the same amount though, so it's essentially free.

I have no idea on doing all the hardware from scratch. I upgraded the system that was already in place when the house was built.

I would venture to guess I have about 2k in the cellular box, the touch screens, cameras, the z-wave thermostat, and the z-wave receptacles.

The house already had all the door, window, motion, fire, carbon monoxide, and gas sensors in place.