What's your biggest "dumb move" temptation?

smashweights

I was thinking about this the other day and was wondering what stupid shit constantly tempts you while you are out on a ride? For me, it's when i'm stuck behind cars that are driving side-by-side down the road/highway and they're going way too slow for me. Every time "just go between them" pops into my head and i always entertain it for about 5 seconds, then decide not to.

I was thinking about this the other day and was wondering what stupid shit constantly tempts you while you are out on a ride? For me, it's when i'm stuck behind cars that are driving side-by-side down the road/highway and they're going way too slow for me. Every time "just go between them" pops into my head and i always entertain it for about 5 seconds, then decide not to.

+1

I look around for state patrol, then I go for it... sometimes

i do that shit all the time downtown at the red lights. ive gotten some dirty looks, but i think something about the all black and tinted shield strikes fear into the hearts of most cagers... kinda like batman. ive honestly only had one person say something to me and all i said to him was "get a bike and you can do it too." he kinda looked at me like that had never dawned on him before. i wonder if he is on here? lol

its just stupid though, that they get pissed about it? are they that upset that im gonna get somewhere before they do? its not like it even holds up traffic because as soon as that light is green im outtie 5000.

what constantly tempts me is going fast. especially on the freeway. and ESPECIALLY when there is minimal traffic. i rode to work at 6am on a saturday morning and wanted to do 100 the whole way lol.

Same here... It always happens, someone in the left lane beside one in the right lane going the same speed & too slow. I swear I have only done that when the cars are doing around 10 MPH less than the posted speed though. I I usually choose the outside rather than between them.

Also zinging past yuppie Harley riders... :)

its just stupid though, that they get pissed about it? are they that upset that im gonna get somewhere before they do? its not like it even holds up traffic because as soon as that light is green im outtie 5000.

in cali where lane splitting is legal they consider it "efficient use of road throughput" which I think is right on the money. if traffic is stopped or sluggish, no reason everyone should have to sit and wait.

in cali where lane splitting is legal they consider it "efficient use of road throughput" which I think is right on the money. if traffic is stopped or sluggish, no reason everyone should have to sit and wait.

No kidding... I was in California last year for work (Lancaster i think) and all kinds of bikes all week were zipping up the middle. The whole time I was cheering them on and looking out for the cops.

Then I found out it was legal. Why cant Ohio see that.

...It is kinda dangerous though.

i do that shit all the time downtown at the red lights. ive gotten some dirty looks, but i think something about the all black and tinted shield strikes fear into the hearts of most cagers... kinda like batman. ive honestly only had one person say something to me and all i said to him was "get a bike and you can do it too." he kinda looked at me like that had never dawned on him before. i wonder if he is on here? lol

what constantly tempts me is going fast. especially on the freeway. and ESPECIALLY when there is minimal traffic. i rode to work at 6am on a saturday morning and wanted to do 100 the whole way lol.

how is going fast a temptation for you?

Edited by Benyen Soljax

No kidding... I was in California last year for work (Lancaster i think) and all kinds of bikes all week were zipping up the middle. The whole time I was cheering them on and looking out for the cops.

Then I found out it was legal. Why cant Ohio see that.

...It is kinda dangerous though.

It's only legal so long as you are only going 5 mph or less above the rate of traffic around you and you are still within the speed limit I believe.

It's only legal so long as you are only going 5 mph or less above the rate of traffic around you and you are still within the speed limit I believe.

no more than 20 over traffic speed, and not if traffic is moving faster than 40 is the way i understood it, but i could be wrong...

My problem is when I am out riding in a familiar area that I know typically has traffic and cops but there is no traffic; I get the urge to ride a wheelie and I think about it for a second and realize its not worth it because ill pull it up and my luck there would be a cop hiding in a driveway or coming towards me. That and going way too fast on the highway, its too easy. It was fun tho on the Pittsburgh trip coming home riding with Sam on his Busa to the right of me and Fonz to the left of me on his blackbird doing 100 down the highway all with our brights on.

Speeding is definitely my biggest temptation. This was one reason I decided to get the 650R instead of a CBR/R6/GSX-R...plus I do a lot of commuting. The twin can really get up and go around town but my top end doesn't even compare to an I4. I love the CBR and test rode one...but I decided I don't have the self-control to stay away from redline. The 650 can get me into enough trouble anyway.

Edited by Bkizz

riding in the grass, climbing up stairs and riding on the sidewalk, oh...wait, i do all that

ok, one i have been temped to, but havent done

ride my motard through the mall, maybe on one wheel, and then run from the cops on a railroad track...after launching off the top story of the parking garage...totally possible, its a KTM

I thought the extra bit on the side of the freeway was the "Bike passing lane".... LOL +1 for making it legal, about the only intelligent decision made by the CA government in memory... (well, legalizing pot is nice and all, but it is still a federal crime, so not really...)

For me, speed. I can usually keep it down when I know there are cops about, but I find it thoroughly impossible to do 25mph on a bike....

riding in the grass, climbing up stairs and riding on the sidewalk, oh...wait, i do all that

ok, one i have been temped to, but havent done

ride my motard through the mall, maybe on one wheel, and then run from the cops on a railroad track...after launching off the top story of the parking garage...totally possible, its a KTM

With the nice waxed tiles, hmmmmmm.

I have video of Colerain PD crashing on their bicycles in the mall. LOL

I have a hell of a time not sneaking up the right hand side at a turn when there are cars in front of me, and then turning on red. It's so damn tempting, especially when there are 5+ cars and the asshole in front decided to stay in the right lane and go straight instead of going in the left lane and letting everyone else turn on red.