So.. guess what else happened to me today...

FocusDave01

Wow guys I really think ive must have gotten the only 06 R6 with massive amounts of problems. Im begining to think my luck with this bike or bikes in general is starting to run out. Im about to change my name to "badluckdave". So as you all know my "awsome" exp with Middletown Cycle (huge exageration) I finally get the bike back Tuesday and am happy till last night if you read my "smoke" thread. So hopin for the best I made sure bike was ready to ride today and went out to hopefully meet up with some ohio riders. Get to chipotle eat then back on the road. Heading to cycle specialties (shipps) on rt 4 and went to downshift and hmm wait my shifter dissapeared. Yep you head it right shifter came unbolted and was just hanging there by the rod... thank god i was only goin 25 and was right next to a gas station and down the rd from cycle specialties. call my bro and he takes me to cycle specialties now I will give MAD props to cycle specialtites not only did they tow my bike back to the shop they rigged a "temp" fix till the part comes in to fix it properly. and they also checked my oil which in a matter 3 days or so of riding went from full fresh change to bone dry...so that leads me to belive that i am leaking somewhere this saturday some local friends of mine are gonna take the bike apart ourselves as cycle specialties is booked for the season. so what you think guys did i get the worst built 06 R6 out there? cause i have done nothing but baby this bike and maybe barely put 50 miles on her since i drove her off the lot. and as for middletown cycle i called them all they did was put me on hold for 10 min so i hung up im done with them they know they sold me a fucked up bike!! :rant:

Loosing the shift rod is never fun but try it on the back straight at mid ohio when you go to downshit at the end and there is nothing there.. nice pucker factor.. Happened to me not once but twice.

As far as tearing the motor apart yourselves, make sure you know what your doing or my suggestion would be to take the entire bike to Rueben at 35 motorsports.. Probably the best motor guy around and could probably give you a good idea of what the problem is without tearing it apart... I seriously suggest taking it to him.. At the minimum at least call him and see what he says and get an estimate.. It will be worth it... Trust me. ..Dont risk your buddies mechanical abilities on your bike.

You should be able to tell if its leaking that much oil, just look at the bike. Is there oil all over the bottom of it? Like it was said in the smoke thread, are you sure that smoke didn't have a blue tint to it?

where is 35 motorcports located, i will say this the service manager at cycle specialties said that without the bike smoking like a freight train and it doesnt only at high rpms dont know if it did it today as i had no one following me but it is unheard of for 3 or whatever quarts of oil was in bike just dissapears without leaking in the garage or anywhere, and when i mean tear it apart were just gonna look at the air box and see if oil was spewed thru there..but yeah does this 35 motorsports guy have a site? is he local? and the mechanical buddies are chris and his dad :-P chris told me some stories about you to at the track (if this si the same chris we are talking about)

thats shitty dude. i would keep at them and make them make it right.

sadly man its "as is" they dont give two shits about me or that bike,

wrillo- no there is no oil that i can see now at the bottom of the fairing in the rear there was what looked like grime and what not but more from the rd but there was a lil oil in it, but like i said there are no leak spots anywhere in my garage or where ever i park it...:confused:

I wouldn't have the buddies start tearing the motor apart. There is a lemon law in OH, regardless of the "as is" that you said earlier. You bought it from a dealer, take it back. If you are dead set on looking at it, you can find an oil leak by using atheletes foot powder in the spray can. External leak only of course. Start motor, spray with the foot powder, if it turns purple then that's where your leak is

I wouldn't have the buddies start tearing the motor apart. There is a lemon law in OH, regardless of the "as is" that you said earlier. You bought it from a dealer, take it back. If you are dead set on looking at it, you can find an oil leak by using atheletes foot powder in the spray can. External leak only of course. Start motor, spray with the foot powder, if it turns purple then that's where your leak is

hmm might look into this thanks for the tip sam. like i said all we are doing is looking at the air filter. but this lemon law you refer to that is on new bikes this was a used bike with 7k miles on it...unless its different with bikes.

hmm might look into this thanks for the tip sam. like i said all we are doing is looking at the air filter. but this lemon law you refer to that is on new bikes this was a used bike with 7k miles on it...unless its different with bikes.
if you receive an express written warranty with the vehicle. An express written warranty can be either a) the balance of a manufacturer’s warranty, b) a separate limited warranty given by the dealer, or c) an extended warranty or service contract you purchase from the dealer at the time you purchase the vehicle. If you have such a warranty, the substance of the new car lemon laws apply.

does any of this apply?

where is 35 motorcports located, i will say this the service manager at cycle specialties said that without the bike smoking like a freight train and it doesnt only at high rpms dont know if it did it today as i had no one following me but it is unheard of for 3 or whatever quarts of oil was in bike just dissapears without leaking in the garage or anywhere, and when i mean tear it apart were just gonna look at the air box and see if oil was spewed thru there..but yeah does this 35 motorsports guy have a site? is he local? and the mechanical buddies are chris and his dad :-P chris told me some stories about you to at the track (if this si the same chris we are talking about)

Oh shit.. I was thinking of a different chris since your in columbus.. yeah that chris is a great guy. Him and his dad are super nice. he used to be on here all the time but he doesnt come around much more. . 35 motorsports is on the south side of indianapolis. His shop is at his house. He did the work on my bike when I tossed it down the track at 80+ and totaled it. He rebuilt and straighted my forks, triple tree, rotors, rims, etc.. and re welded the subframe tabs on my frame that I snapped off during the crash. http://www.35motorsports.com/

Oh shit.. I was thinking of a different chris since your in columbus.. yeah that chris is a great guy. Him and his dad are super nice. he used to be on here all the time but he doesnt come around much more. . 35 motorsports is on the south side of indianapolis. His shop is at his house. He did the work on my bike when I tossed it down the track at 80+ and totaled it. He rebuilt and straighted my forks, triple tree, rotors, rims, etc.. and re welded the subframe tabs on my frame that I snapped off during the crash. http://www.35motorsports.com/

thanks man ill give him a ring tomorrow, and no im here in cincy west chester is north near fairfield and hamilton. so yeah chris and his dad if it wasnt for them then i dont know what id do sometimes lol. but yeah im gonna call this guy at 35 motorsports thanks a ton..

"Lemon Law" doesn't apply in this situation. I think you've got a bike with some baked rings in it. How does it run when it isn't losing hard parts??

it runs perfectly fine, pulls hard, no odd noise's except for the "yamaha tick" idles strong no engine lights on temp stays steady fans kick on when needed had 4 people look at it from a glance and everyone is befundled about it.. still dont know how it lost 3-4 quarts oil in three rides unless when i had it at middle town for that week they drained it but why they would do that i have no idea

look up ohio lemon law on google, theres alot of info and codes you may want to start writing down

I looked it up. He's pretty much fucked. Lemon law can work for used vehicles but not in his case. Although, I think he could prolly win in civil court if he wanted to spend the $$ on a lawyer

I looked it up. He's pretty much fucked. Lemon law can work for used vehicles but not in his case. Although, I think he could prolly win in civil court if he wanted to spend the $$ on a lawyer

yeah and i dont have $$.. anyway update tho...go figure right after we talk about it there is a little oil spot in the garage in the rear of the bike can see where it is coming from thought maybe oil in the exhaust and its leaking through there, only think maybe the oil drain plug is loose? ill find out saturday when i take it over and put it on stands. some people i have talked to suggested that a dealership would go as low as to drain the oil real low and keep the drain plug loose so i would have to take it back there for service, as much as i find this not really believeable i wouldnt put it past them never know.. but on the oil leak i can not find anywhere where the oil is coming from the rear inner fairing is a lil moist but other than that wo knows.

yeah and i dont have $$.. anyway update tho...go figure right after we talk about it there is a little oil spot in the garage in the rear of the bike can see where it is coming from thought maybe oil in the exhaust and its leaking through there, only think maybe the oil drain plug is loose? ill find out saturday when i take it over and put it on stands. some people i have talked to suggested that a dealership would go as low as to drain the oil real low and keep the drain plug loose so i would have to take it back there for service, as much as i find this not really believeable i wouldnt put it past them never know.. but on the oil leak i can not find anywhere where the oil is coming from the rear inner fairing is a lil moist but other than that wo knows.

make sure you spray it down with engine degreaser real well before using the foot spray.

damn dave, this is why im glad i bought a brand new gixxer and not one off of craigslist. I seen bad reviews of middletown cycle but didn't do my hw on researching their history with customers. But in your situation this isn't right. I hope this gets solved. let me know man

so i just got off the phone with rueben at 35motorsports. god i hope its not the head gasket $1500 if it is. but he gave me some great tips, liek take the lowers off clean the crap out fo the motor with simple green do an oil change and then ride it if its then still leaking obviously problem he didnt seem to be to concerned with the smoke more as to the oil spots (which could also be chain lube finally making its way down to leak) also said that becasue a dipstick reasds bone dry doesnt mean there is no oil in it the bike has a low lvl oil light for a reason said there prob 2 quarts till it shows on the dip stick. lol....so as much great advice he gave hope i dont have to make that $1500 dollar purchase lol

damn dave, this is why im glad i bought a brand new gixxer and not one off of craigslist. I seen bad reviews of middletown cycle but didn't do my hw on researching their history with customers. But in your situation this isn't right. I hope this gets solved. let me know man

tell me bout it mong, i feel bad now for referring you to them it was after the fact that we got our bikes that the place is complete shit...atleast you have a warranty lol

yeah i know im glad i still have my manufacter warranty. honestly, i was so excited on finally purchasing my very first bike that the payments or apr didn't bother me as much. I got what I been wanting for YEARS to come now. I'm just waiting to start my MSF courses but that shit don't start til october for me in delware. Franklin county is booked