What did you do with your car today?

copperhead

Well in the past week I've swapped transmissions in the Camaro, tweaked the tune, and done some cruising. The Miata got new hub bearings in the rear, and driven to work every day. Need to get the bike out damnit.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the Miata to the autox with Erica to watch :dumb: I know. Then went to the grocery with it to realize that the trunk was full of other shit.

Made plans for next weekend to sort out the suspension a little bit on the MR2.

GT3 is back on the road after 3 weeks with the motor out to fix the coolant fittings. Buttoned it up friday and drove it as much as possible this weekend. This evening washed it and polished all the rubber marks off of it from track days last year

I had a oil leak at the rear main seal, so I pulled the transmission this morning and replaced it. While I had the exhaust off anyway I Just put really short sections on the down pipe that have 3" v-bands. Mounted my shifter differently so it sits below the trim bezel. I used a newer trim bezel. Moved the line lock switch from the old bezel to the center console close to the coin holder.

It took me from 8am to 1:30pm to do everything.

I went racing yesterday, thought I might have fucked up the syncro on the 1-2 shift. I missed 2nd gear 3 out of 8 passes

Today I unloaded the car and did five hard launches 0-100mph to see if it would grind going to 2nd. or if I would miss 2nd gear again. Nope everything worked great. I realized I was just being a pussy while shifting yesterday.

Came home, parked the Mustang, took the trailer back to storage. Decided to go for another cruise. Did about 3 more hard pulls to 140, everything checked out perfect! Yep I was just shifting like a pussy at the track. I glad everything is working properly, I thought this was going to get expensive. I was ready to start my research to swap my car over to an automatic.

I did an oil change, brake job and wheel swap to my sisters car today and drove the Sol to Cincinnati. This week i've worked on removing excessive wiring out of the TA. I moved the Nitrous electronics from the glove box to the ashtray and working on movinf the fuse boxes to the glove box. I also put a new tune in the Sol this week which woke it up.

I went racing in an Up-armored Suburban against our other Up-armored Suburban on an ANA Base and also tried my hand at drifting in it (dont work so well). Then we almost rolled our MaxPro heading out to the range (i was gunning with out the gunners restraint on so needless to say my butt hole puckered up pretty tight). And my Ranger has been sitting in the Garage since August.

Added an UltraGauge. Pretty cool little device. I set up 5 of the 7 pages of gauges and they just rotate based on the time set for each page (some show longer than others)

My FJ has a large flat area left of the steering wheel so I just stuck it on there. I used some hard rubber cabinet door bumpers so I can press on the gauge corners to hit the buttons on the back.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/iwashmycar/IMG-20120427-00012.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/iwashmycar/IMG-20120427-00011.jpg

edit: moved it up higher

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/iwashmycar/instaphoto-1335980519045.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Drive the Camaro Sat night and pegged the speedo at 160. Then pulled 5th to about 6500 rpm.

I may or may not have heard that., :megusta:

Washed the Truck, DSM, and the wifes van today. Finally got the Bed Box mounted, Thought about replacing the last P.S. line.