What's your Electric Bill

TTQ B4U

Hang on to you hats....holy shit, we just got ours and it's the highest we've ever had in 15+ years here. OUCH! :fuuuu: That's what happens when it's so fucking hot that the AC Never shuts off.

We do the budget thing and normally only have a small balance at the end of the calender year, this year we're likely going to be a full 1.5-2 months in the hole.

That is all :dumb:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call! My wife emailed ours to me. She couldn't believe it...$248!

I told her the same thing: A/C works overtime to maintain (even WITH 8 days off compliments of the Derecho storm), and we have 10 recessed 60w can lights in every room of our house my wife insists on leaving on, like it's McDonalds and the fries need to stay warm. :fuuuu:

$224.. 2000 sq ft with finished basement. 2 floors. AC on 67 for a month

AC was running non-stop for all those hot days..

I try to explain to my wife that when she lets the dogs out back, or tries to get them to come back in.. SHUT THE FUCKING DOOR... She just stands there letting all the hot air in.

I am more worried about the Water bill.......

Mines creeping on $200/mo. We live in a 1 Story 1940's..maybe 1000 sf house over fully vented crawl... No basements here in SC.

Pathetic... but money "well spent" as I work out of the house and am in it nearly all the time as a result.

I'm a big user, although I don't feel I squander it. I complain about the bills (I get four electric bills), but it's really a bargain in my mind. Electric power makes our lives a lot easier.

I switched to First Energy to try to mitigate rising rates.

My two bills so far this month:

Garage (lights, door, battery chargers) $18.14

Office "hangout" (mostly the old frig, some A/C) $43.56

If the bills were triple the price, I'd pay it and still be thankful.

Up here in AK, we don't have A/C, never gets hot enough for it in South Central Alaska. Interior and Fairanks is a whole different story though.

At any rate, my electric bill was 52 dollars last month. This is pretty normal in the summer months. In the winter since we have Nat. Gas and Wood Stove for heat it usually jumps to just under 100, since we also have to have more lights on (no more 22 hours of sunlight), and we run the blower on our wood stove non-stop.

Fuck ya.. 150 :D

1400 sqft surrounded by trees. Thermostat at 73 during the day and night.

We also have shutoffs for all electronics in the evening when we go to bed

LOVE this thing Belkin Conserve Switch

http://i.imgur.com/7C5u7.jpg

We have two of these, one for the TV, xbox, surround/blueray, and the always on is setup for the DVR.

THe other is setup for my PC and the rest of the powered stuff in our main living area. Since getting them, and unplugging unnecessary items in the house, we have dropped a HUGE amount of our bill every month.

We keep the remotes on the wall right by the light switch so at night when igo to bed, we shut off the bottom half of the house.

Fuck ya.. 150 :D

1400 sqft surrounded by trees. Thermostat at 73 during the day and night.

We also have shutoffs for all electronics in the evening when we go to bed

LOVE this thing Belkin Conserve Switch

http://i.imgur.com/7C5u7.jpg

We have two of these, one for the TV, xbox, surround/blueray, and the always on is setup for the DVR.

THe other is setup for my PC and the rest of the powered stuff in our main living area. Since getting them, and unplugging unnecessary items in the house, we have dropped a HUGE amount of our bill every month.

We keep the remotes on the wall right by the light switch so at night when igo to bed, we shut off the bottom half of the house.

Do you know if having appliances plugged, but not necessarily turned on consumes power? Such as a television, or cable box? I notice alot of appliaces have a red light indicating they are turned off, but do they really use much electricity?

Do you know if having appliances plugged, but not necessarily turned on consumes power? Such as a television, or cable box? I notice alot of appliaces have a red light indicating they are turned off, but do they really use much electricity?

for the majority of appliances, not enough to offset the cost of buying one of those.