Tracking your driving to decide taxes

KennyFKINPowerz

What are your thoughts on this? Its just in the research phase but they are talking about making everyone have one of these devices to measure how and where you drive and then they will figure your taxes based on that. It it proposed to change how taxes are funneled in for road repairs instead of using fuel tax for that.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/10/04/columbus-new-mileage-study-device.html

I am personally against anything like this. I dont want my driving tracked good or bad. Heck I dont want someone tracking anything I do.

Plugging a device into some car's OBD port would interfere with the driver's legs too.

If this happens, mine will never function. The only reason to collect context-less data on driving inputs is to generate revenue in base-less fines. Fuck that.

This will never happen. Talk about big brother....

They also said that we will never be forced to have Health Insurance either. We have more and more taken from us every day. Who's to say that this is not in the future for us in 10 years? Crap like this is why I say we need to fight for our rights every day, no matter how small or silly they may be. When we let things get taken from us and we allow more government oversight then things like this start happening.