What the fuck is this shit?

Buck531

i'll call bullshit.

when i was like 16 (and honestly, didn't know better), i was changing the oil in my car, took it to the sewer on the corner and dumped it down. i guess a passer by saw, called in, fire dept came out to investigate, as well as the chief of police (who lived up the road from us in hunters ridge)...just asked how much i dumped down there to see if it was something major that needed addressed, told me not to do it again, warned me of the dangers/fines/etc, and left.

That's horse shit......how the hell do they know any better....you're 'helping a friend do the work on his car' ......I wouldn't worry about it....I've always got buddies at my house working on cars. I wouldn't worry about it at all......I'm in Westerville, BTW.....

Exhibit A:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/382435_10150918134441497_1195881264_n.jpg

Exhibit B

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/539640_10150918118446497_650676511_n.jpg

Holy fuck don't turn this into a political thread like every other thread on here. Jesus. H Obama!

I'm not worried about it. I've been working on cars at my house for years at my place. It just struck me as odd that the guy told me that. I know the source probably wasn't reliable, but I've know him for years.

I've just never heard that. My wife said something about it when I told her.. she said her Dad said they passed a law way back in the day about the same thing. Shrug.

Fuck it.. I'll continue to put my cars in my front yard with cinder blocks under them.

If it exists they are not enforcing it as i had a GPD cruiser stop in front of my buds house as we were working on my Camaro. I even stated he was helping with a side job. Cop stopped as "He thought it looked nice" lol.

My parents live in Pickerington and they received a notice from zoning because someone claimed they were running a repair shop from thier house. All because someone saw me changing my sisters water pump on easter Sunday. Turned into a big mess as they had to go to court and fight it.

As suggested, call the city and find out for sure. Regulations/laws vary from city to city and some cities have some pretty hefty fines that can go along with anything car repair related.

And Evan, I'm not sure it's good passing advice along based off an experience where you got quite lucky from when you were 16. ;) I lived in cities where that would net you quite a sizable fine.

All depends on the city/community and then of course, on the enforcing officer(s).

That's horse shit......how the hell do they know any better....you're 'helping a friend do the work on his car' ......I wouldn't worry about it....I've always got buddies at my house working on cars. I wouldn't worry about it at all......I'm in Westerville, BTW.....

Exhibit A:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/382435_10150918134441497_1195881264_n.jpg

Exhibit B

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/539640_10150918118446497_650676511_n.jpg

Hey...I'm famous.

LOL...we pranked the little brother of one of my friends like that once. Told him it was illegal to work on your own car at home, and "they" would come and tow it away. He bought it hook, line, and sinker! The beautiful part was that he told all of his classmates and friends, and probably half of them believed it too. Drastically cut down on the number of park bench spoilers on Camry's in their school lot....

I live in Pickerington, but out of city limits where the Sherrif patrols and they've waived at my neighbor and me weekly in the summers while we're working on cars. I'm sure if you're running a shop for profit, then you would need to be zoned differently.

I live in Pickerington, but out of city limits where the Sherrif patrols and they've waived at my neighbor and me weekly in the summers while we're working on cars. I'm sure if you're running a shop for profit, then you would need to be zoned differently.

I talked to the guy again. He did say the guy basically was running a shop out of his garage so yeah I can see that.

He also said the GPD said they needed to get his car off of jack stands in his garage or pay another fine. :lolguy: