Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alabama Offers Scholarship To Eighth Grader. I guess LSU and Texas has also made offers. What I don't get is how they expect this kid to be someone in 4-5 years, if you watch the video the other "kids" are smaller so when they grow and develop they'll get better/stronger/faster and this Moses kids hype will dye down.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8989200/alabama-crimson-tide-offer-scholarship-eighth-grader-dylan-moses

yeah, he is like 2x the size of the other players...

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN will run a 5 minute segment on this and then declare ND preseason #1. Meanwhile Mark May states OSU isn't in his top 10 (true story). From what I have read so far he is only gone for this coming fall semester, which means he will miss the season but could return after that for next year.

LMAO@ the usually arrogant ND fans, suddenly jumping from ledges.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594&t=11593357&p=1

4* QB Brandon Dawkins is trying to commit to ND according to his twitter. I would shit myself if this is the ultimate troll move, here's the tweet:

"@TheRealBDawks Trying to get coach on the phone to commit to #NDnation!"

I would love for this to just be a joke on his part, getting ND fans hopes up only to destroy them by saying a simple "just kidding" lol

People seem to think the Dawkins thing is more of a "does he have an offer or an OFFER" situation. If they do accept his commitment that would be decent news for OSU in the pursuit of Kyle Allen.

And that sounds about right for him being gone just for a certain amount of time. OSU OL Marcus Hall lost his scholarship for a bit due to a plagiarism thing. Redshirted that year and of course starts now.

ESPN will run a 5 minute segment on this and then declare ND preseason #1. Meanwhile Mark May states OSU isn't in his top 10 (true story). From what I have read so far he is only gone for this coming fall semester, which means he will miss the season but could return after that for next year.

LMAO@ the usually arrogant ND fans, suddenly jumping from ledges.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594&t=11593357&p=1

I heard that too. How could anyone not put them in the top 10? Fuck Mark May. Maybe it's because I like Ohio State so much, but rarely do I have this much hate for someone. He is always talking shit or saying something negative. 72-0 YOU WILL NOT REBUILD. Dude sucks/rant

That's just Mark May for you, he's always lacked the professionialism of Herbstreit and Lou Holtz forgot more about football by age 30 than May has ever known about the sport.

Can't wait for the season to start!!

I've become convinced that Mark May is essentially a "heel" like in professional wrestling that plays the villian role just to be the villian, rile up the OSU faithful, etc. Like, before they start their segment, Mark May gets a script and reads something like this:

"Lou Holtz will pick Ohio State to beat Michigan State today. You will say Ohio State lacks depth at linebacker and lacks the defensive speed to hang with Michigan State."

It's almost comical to me, as I think he's fairly transparent. Certainly, I think he never really like Ohio State, but over the years SC has found that him playing the villian/OSU-hater gets ratings, responsivity, etc. Before him, it was Trev Alberts. I remember them talking about how badly Miami was going to stomp Ohio State before the 2002 NC game.

A $200k salary as AD of UNO? We sure showed him

If you think he wasn't making that much or more working for ESPN, you are out of your mind. What I mean is that he was fired in a very public, very embarrassing way, killing his reputation as someone who can prvoide a viable opinion on sports.

If you think he wasn't making that much or more working for ESPN, you are out of your mind. What I mean is that he was fired in a very public, very embarrassing way, killing his reputation as someone who can prvoide a viable opinion on sports.

Umm

AD's opinions are more valuable than ESPN commentators.

As for making "much more" at ESPN, I doubt it. He was only there a few years, his first real major job and he basically stopped showing up before they fired him (which is what he was fired for, not coming to work)

Umm

AD's opinions are more valuable than ESPN commentators.

As for making "much more" at ESPN, I doubt it. He was only there a few years, his first real major job and he basically stopped showing up before they fired him (which is what he was fired for, not coming to work)

Bro, University of Nebrask-Omaha AD's opinions are worth not a goddamned thing. And, he didn't get THAT job till 09, up till then he was working as a web columnist for CSTV.

He's not in our grill's on Saturdays anymore with his ignorance, and I am still willing to wager the ESPN job paid more. He WAS considered a rising star back in the day, now he's the AD of a school that, while solid acedemically, is no one that anyone has ever heard of athletically.

Gordon Gee responding to an SEC fans comment saying the big ten can't count.

"You tell the SEC when they can learn to read and write, then they can figure out what we're doing."

:lolguy: :fuckyeah:

Comedy Gold. The average High School senior in FLA has a GPA of 4.2, but the average ACT score in the state is 760.