Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

Should be getting a 9th Opening participant in the class today with Terry McLaurin. Love the offer, kinda like Darron Lee last year. Came to camp on the 9th, showed well but the staff wanted him to improve on a few things. Came back this week and showed that he had worked on those things and boom... offer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably won't be anything more than a slap on the wrist even though it should be worse than OSU's. Probably a few years probation and a scholarship a year for 2-3 years.

Then they would be accepting Oregon's self imposed punishment.

Then they would be accepting Oregon's self imposed punishment.

And they pretty much did. Schlabach tweeted that if he were Gene Smith/OSU he'd be pretty pissed right now.

All OSU's case did was show that cooperating with the NCAA is the absolute worst thing you can do.

I'm right back to the mindset I was in when OSU's penalties were announced... I hope OSU is cheating like crazy now and if the NCAA comes calling they tell them to fuck right off.

Be interesting to see if Kelly gets suspended at all in the NFL like Tressel did in his video review whatever position he was in with the Colts since Kelly did get a show cause.

Wait... the NCAA actually LESSENED the penalties that Oregon suggested. Oregon suggested 1 a year for 3 years and the NCAA cut it to 2. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edit: nevermind. I shouldn't trust what I read from people who obviously have no reading comprehension. It's 1 a year for 2 years on the 25 limit and 1 a year for 3 years on the 85 limit.

Wait... the NCAA actually LESSENED the penalties that Oregon suggested. Oregon suggested 1 a year for 3 years and the NCAA cut it to 2. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*facepalm*

I think there goes the argument that the NCAA punished OSU because of hubris, when Oregon has been as uncooperative and cocky as possible. I think it just goes to show, just like when you get pulled over for a DUI, you dont blow and dont do the tests because then the state has no evidence against you. Cooperating just proves your guilt.

*facepalm*

I think there goes the argument that the NCAA punished OSU because of hubris, when Oregon has been as uncooperative and cocky as possible. I think it just goes to show, just like when you get pulled over for a DUI, you dont blow and dont do the tests because then the state has no evidence against you. Cooperating just proves your guilt.

I think the NCAA eased off because now more than ever the entire NCAA is under major scrutiny, for harsh penalties that don't punish the guilty, inept leadership, scandals regarding the scandals, to lawsuits about making boatloads of cash off the backs of athletes all under the guise of supposed "amateurism". Things are looking rocky.

Jamarco Jones to OSU. Top 50 player in the country, top 5 OT in the country. OL recruiting will not be a concern whatsoever when this class is finished. Should get Eluemunor (same rating out of 100 on 247 as Jones but Eluemunor is a JUCO guy so he's in separate ratings) soon then another 1-2 of Prince, Mavety and Knox.

Interested in seeing how this class closes out.

Also have you read this Zack?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22547500/rushel-shell-down-to-west-virginia-osu-and-kentucky-for-transfer

Apparently Kentucky told him no thanks, I don't think he'll end up at OSU but it'll be interesting to see where he does end up at. Kid was a monster in highschool

Haven't cared about Shell since he was in HS. Lots of talk before his senior year that he wanted to be a Buckeye but Tressel and the staff were content taking 2 in-state studs in Ball and Dunn. Of course then right in the middle of that recruiting cycle Tressel was gone and they almost didn't land Dunn as a result.

Obviously, like you said, he won't end up at OSU. He's damaged goods and OSU has a stable of RB's right now with a plethora of options in the 2015 class too.

I thought he was going to be a stud wherever he landed though but unfortunately he decided to stay home at awful Pitt and now we've got this. It will be interesting to see if he ever does something wherever he lands.

Collier getting mixed reviews at the Elite 11. I'd say more good than bad though. Much better than ND commit Deshone Kizer out of Toledo who a lot of people thought Urban missed on by not offering. Getting ripped for his terrible mechanics. I don't know how a kid with terrible mechanics gets to an Elite 11 but... whatever works.

A little blurb from an update on some site (I don't remember where)...

Mr. Smooth: Stephen Collier - Ohio State

Collier that has that aura about him on the field this week. He bounces the ball around like he is on the basketball court, he has the hat on backwards, he jogs with that swag, and he is just a quiet kid with that confidence you like.

And a bit about Collier's throwing ability...

Ohio State commitment Stephen Collier has virtually no windup as he brings the ball straight up from a cocked position that gives the appearance that he’s pushing the ball. He gets remarkable speed on his throws with so little of a windup, and he had little trouble hitting the deep seam routes.

yeah it is, sparq rating of 141.96, it's a very very impressive score.

After learning they use some questionable ways to measure certain attributes, I've kind of lost excitement in SPARQ scores. Biggest example is they used launch pads which the participants can manipulate