Do you mod your daily?

thorne

Every car I've owned gets modded in some way. It's a way to make the car more "mine". The BRZ is my current DD and it's got higher rate springs, aftermarket upper strut mounts for more camber/caster, crash bolts, rear poly camber bushings, better wheels/tires, plus some various look-good mods too.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The car had the same fucking coilovers hes running. I think they are closer to 2500 from ams.

the same one "who" is running? and what were they?

stop lying... or learn to set your shit up correctly. one of the two....

Were yours used cheapos? blown shits? rusty shitpoles with incorrect spring rates?

Coilovers costing less than 1200.00 dollars do that..... You are right

what kind of arbitrary number is that :lolguy:

The car had the same fucking coilovers hes running. I think they are closer to 2500 from ams.

What kind of car? I can imagine going from a deville or sts in stock form to "coilovers" it would be quite a difference.

Also, my pss10s on my GTI were significantly more harsh than stock, and the v3s.

My point is that stating coilovers in general will make the ride harsh is not accurate. Some will, sure. All? Nope.

Were yours used cheapos? blown shits? rusty shitpoles with incorrect spring rates?

This.

He was talking about me, and my KW V3s.

Lying about what? People know my car , kws then i went to stance gr+3s 12k front 14k rear

I did the set up, the car was aligned and corner balanced by a vendor on here.

because all v3s are the same....

thats the cut-off line.....

got that :lolguy:

Still an arbitrary number that means nothing.

Lying about what? People know my car , kws then i went to stance gr+3s 12k front 14k rear

what kind of car were you running 12k/14k? a supra?

Stance cant be beat for the price. the ride is perfect. are you saying that stance coilvers are "teeth busters"?

Still an arbitrary number that means nothing.

Ok... go out and ride 10 cars with coilovers costing less than 1200.00..... then try 10 with more than 1200.00 coilovers equipped....

You should be able to come up with a correlation afterwards.

corner balancing and alignment are wonderful...........BUT, how were the coilovers setup? how much pre-load? what kind of car was it? did you custom order 12k/14k spring rates?

Stating/assuming that coilovers are the cause of a poor or stiff ride. Ignorant statement.

^^ This

Coil overs costing less than 1200.00 dollars do that..... You are right

^^ agree and supports Aaron's point. His old GTI handled great and according to him the ride superior. When inquiring about the details and superior balance overall, you'll find he didn't cheap-out on the suspension.

I'd love to upgrade my MS3 to a similar set up but can't justify the investment in dollars just yet with all other projects I have. Especially since I no longer would be auto crossing it to use as justification. It's also not my daily. However, I do see the reasoning behind going with the good stuff and believe the negative comments behind coil over is due to cheaping out on products.

what kind of car were you running 12k/14k? a supra?

Stance cant be beat for the price. the ride is perfect. are you saying that stance coilvers are "teeth busters"?

Evo9 all i ment was for daily driving coilovers get old. I was not in a debate on whats a better coil. If the car is low the shit sucks. Maybe im just getting soft.

Why?

OHHH, the extended hatch mod for greater grocery fitment?

yes. it would help keep the car flat and level so I don't tip over my milk as I change lanes to get around the land yachts that often try and hang with me as I make my home from Kroger :p

Triple base block in place

Evo9 all i ment was for daily driving coilovers get old. I was not in a debate on whats a better coil. If the car is low the shit sucks. Maybe im just getting soft.

considering v3s aren't made to go low, they are a performance coil, this could be the reasoning. Their recommended drop in the manual is not very much, even though they are capable of going much lower, if you run them low, and have issues with them, they will deny your claims because you used them out of their design specs.

yes. it would help keep the car flat and level so I don't tip over my milk as I change lanes to get around the land yachts that often try and hang with me as I make my home from Kroger :p

speed 3 want to see the tails of an R? :gabe:

hehehehe

My landyacht might give you a run

considering v3s aren't made to go low, they are a performance coil, this could be the reasoning. Their recommended drop in the manual is not very much, even though they are capable of going much lower, if you run them low, and have issues with them, they will deny your claims because you used them out of their design specs.

Yep, most coilovers are only meant or a 2.5 inch drop max.

the stiffer spring rates and pre-load change-a-bility are the reason for buying (oh, and ajdustinf scrub radius if you have camber plates)... reducing the CG is important as well.. but "slanmming" your car was never the point... unless you are just going for "looks".

hehehehe

My landyacht might give you a run

might....but I've run a few 460's in the Sawmill Powell area as they are all over and I know they haven't. The s-curves up there are a fun area to play.

from a stop, straight line...you beat them? im impressed.

Slow starting rolls. I pass a black one quite often up there as he must leave for work around the same time as I drop the kids off. I'm not a dig player on the streets. Not my thing overall plus the MS3 is FWD and blows on many levels for such play times. I'd much rather haven an auto V8 for such things. It's also more fun knowing he often sees me coming and is prolly praying for a red light. :)

Slow starting rolls. I pass a black one quite often up there as he must leave for work around the same time as I drop the kids off. I'm not a dig player on the streets. Not my thing overall plus the MS3 is FWD and blows on many levels for such play times. I'd much rather haven an auto V8 for such things. It's also more fun knowing he often sees me coming and is prolly praying for a red light. :)

hahaha, right!