do you cook your steak fast or slow

russian rocket

Oh yea rookies... STEAK IS SERVED FRESH OFF GRILL No foil, no sit it on the counter. COOK IT, SERVE IT. If your timing while cooking sucks so bad that you have to let your steak sit before the rest of the food is done. Then you put the steaks on too early.....

Guess what rookie, it doesn't sit because we're bad timers, it sits because we understand physics.

When you take that shit off the grill, it's not done cooking. The juices inside the steak are still very hot and will continue to cook the tender inside of the meat while the tough, grilled outside doesn't overcook. Ask any chef who knows what they're doing (you know, professionally trained, makes their living off the quality of their cooking), all of them will tell you to rest a high quality steak.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do them like this and we only do ribeye's or T-bones here at the house. Ribeye is my favorite cut but if t-bones are on sale we'll do those.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/001.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/005.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/chole1stday018.jpg

Guess what rookie, it doesn't sit because we're bad timers, it sits because we understand physics.

When you take that shit off the grill, it's not done cooking. The juices inside the steak are still very hot and will continue to cook the tender inside of the meat while the tough, grilled outside doesn't overcook. Ask any chef who knows what they're doing (you know, professionally trained, makes their living off the quality of their cooking), all of them will tell you to rest a high quality steak.

Lol, well you point one out to me. Its obviously not you. Oh and I make my living in the kitchen. As far as opinions go I have given mine. Everyone likes shit different. The reason to serving a steak as hot as you can is to maximize flavor, carcinogens (sp) (IMO) and wont get cold within the first 5 min on the table. Hot ass steak right off the grill > steak wrapped to finish cooking itself. And all these chefs your talking about will probably have a different answer with each one you talk to.

Lol, well you point one out to me. Its obviously not you. Oh and I make my living in the kitchen. As far as opinions go I have given mine. Everyone likes shit different. The reason to serving a steak as hot as you can is to maximize flavor, carcinogens (sp) (IMO) and wont get cold within the first 5 min on the table. Hot ass steak right off the grill > steak wrapped to finish cooking itself. And all these chefs your talking about will probably have a different answer with each one you talk to.

The ONLY place I have ever had a hot off the grill steak served to me is Applebees. Are you saying that you work in the kitchen at Applebees?

Are you a chef? Or do you wash dishes?

I do them like this and we only do ribeye's or T-bones here at the house. Ribeye is my favorite cut but if t-bones are on sale we'll do those.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/001.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/005.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj37/0rion_album/chole1stday018.jpg

Dude, i'm gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks ****ing pathetic and digusting compared to my meal. and I'm being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont cook **** that was perviously in cans. you're a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. gert areal family that cooks good food, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking families poverty dinner on these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking ***got.

Oh yea rookies... STEAK IS SERVED FRESH OFF GRILL No foil, no sit it on the counter. COOK IT, SERVE IT. If your timing while cooking sucks so bad that you have to let your steak sit before the rest of the food is done. Then you put the steaks on too early.....

So what you are saying is that some of the best steak houses and chefs are doing it wrong?

I tend to trust Anthony Bourdain a bit more than you, sorry...

http://sojourningabroad.com/2012/09/17/anthony-bourdain-basic-techniquesdishes-everyone-should-know-how-to-make/

Dude, i'm gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks ****ing pathetic and digusting compared to my meal. and I'm being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont cook **** that was perviously in cans. you're a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. gert areal family that cooks good food, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking families poverty dinner on these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking ***got.

:popcorn:

Sober posting unsuccessful. Time: 9:11AM

To the rest of you mahhfuggas; I've had no breakfast, and I'm now sponging drool from my compy. Thx.

Sorry, Tim. That's crazy talk to me.

So what you are saying is that some of the best steak houses and chefs are doing it wrong?

I tend to trust Anthony Bourdain a bit more than you, sorry...

http://sojourningabroad.com/2012/09/17/anthony-bourdain-basic-techniquesdishes-everyone-should-know-how-to-make/

but this guy makes his living in the kitchen????/

drunk posting at 9am? :lol: I'm guessing your meals come in bottles.

Lol the carcinogen comment was a joke smartass. Its just a poke at people who want to catch cancer faster from seared meat. And no I don't work at AppleBees, and never had a good steak from there. You can trust or listen to who you want to. My guess is, I could out cook you backwards, blindfolded with your wife hanging from my ballsack. Opinions.

Lol the carcinogen comment was a joke smartass. Its just a poke at people who want to catch cancer faster from seared meat. And no I don't work at AppleBees, and never had a good steak from there. You can trust or listen to who you want to. My guess is, I could out cook you backwards, blindfolded with your wife hanging from my ballsack. Opinions.

blindfolded is a bit much

Steak cook off?

Back off, Ryan...I came up with the idea first. :fuckyeah:

Judge #1: Clay

Judge #2: Ryan

We need one more judge. Someone who is a large man...someone who clearly has eaten more than his fair share of red meat, and looks the part. Ideally, someone who doesn't need another steak, but knows what a good piece of cooked beef looks and tastes like...

Where could we find such a man in Columbus?

CERTAINLY NOT ON CR

Buncha salad-munching hippie rabbits on this board...:lol: