Why do you love YOUR car?

PRD2BDF

I saw this thread on Jalopnik and thought it was a great thread. Lots of interesting stories and pictures.

I will start with mine.

I love my Saab 9-3 Aero convertible because I hated my Maxima that I had, it lacked that Swedish quirkiness that couldn't be replicated in any other car. Saabs in general are legendary in their own rights, others may scoff and disagree but that's just fine with me.

Additionally, it's the first convertible I've ever owned and the first turbo V6. This car pulls hard, drives great, and returns great fuel economy and comfort

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/1B67CA6F-78F1-4222-9D78-F6706343B32D-4979-0000024679665714_zpsa51e8c52.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, there is so much to love about the RX-7

-Looks super sexy (I'm constantly staring back at it after parking)

-Plenty of power, can easily get to the end of the 160mph speedo

-Can be a beast on a track but has comfy features like a/c and radio

-It was my dream car as a teenager

-People react very positively to the car, they seem to really enjoy seeing it when I drive it around to run errands

-I can set off car alarms at my work garage

This really could go on forever so I'll just stop now, haha.

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/IMG_1866.jpg

I like the part where you went "this car pulls hard"

:lolguy: pulls hard, compared to what a corolla?

I loved driving the srt4 because it got 30 mpg, ran 12s at the track, autox ed somewhat decent, cheap to mod.

Hate driving the accord want to chop my penor off when driving it, but it serves its propose.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=465&pictureid=3560

- It makes all the right noises

- It can bust up those ricers from a dig

- Very unassuming

- 10 + dead hooker trunk

- Jones hates it

- Makes plenty of these:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af40/ted_kennedy/Viper_T/null_zps4fcedb38.jpg

Yes coming from a accord driver. Super nice safe daily for my family :fuckyeah:

Funny that you think a saab pulls hard that's cute.

To be fair, those turbo 2.8L have 300-320 HP stock, so it pulls decent compared to most sedans out there.

I don't love any of my current cars, but they get the job done. The Volt comes the closest because it's been a huge surprise at how much I enjoy driving it in traffic, but it's easily replaceable.

I miss my MSP though.

Yes coming from a accord driver. Super nice safe daily for my family.

Wow, impressive. The Saab happens to do the same thing, nice, safe (one of the safest convertibles) and great for dailying. It just does it faster than that Honda.

And it actually is 250 hp, it was detuned so that it wouldn't compete with the upcoming Turbo X that made 280 HP

I don't "love" the MS3 but when looking at what was out there at the time, it fit the bill pretty well. Handles good, has plenty of power, cheap on wallet, but over all it it's a fun to drive experience compared to the company sled and of course the family chariot.

I could go buy a Vette or CTS-V and really love it but then I'd honestly lose track of other priorities that I need to stay focused on right now so IMO the restraint is necessary and has proven successful for me, the car is still a joy and the want-factor for something else keeps me going and motivated.

Odd description perhaps, but it's real.

Wow, impressive. The Saab happens to do the same thing, nice, safe (one of the safest convertibles) and great for dailying. It just does it faster than that Honda.

And it actually is 250 hp, it was detuned so that it wouldn't compete with the upcoming Turbo X that made 280 HP

Get a reflash. It's essentially the same engine that was in the SRX/9-4x and Insignia OPC (Euro Buick Regal). I'm not sure if there were small tweaks made between versions, though.

This from a guy driving an accord, clearly I was wrong in thinking that it pulls hard.

Oh im sorry whats that I hear? I think that's the sound of someone all defensive ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZf-el8NWzSynBOwfLLu681NfMomt-5GqAhcuXyl8tQIjBPurJig

Get a reflash. It's essentially the same engine that was in the SRX/9-4x and Insignia OPC (Euro Buick Regal). I'm not sure if there were small tweaks made between versions, though.

Knowing Saab, it's probably significant enough of small tweaks that a reflash won't be possible. Not to worry, I'm planning on a tune later on that will yield 320 hp and 400 tq. Should be sufficient

I 'love' my Solstice because every day driving a convertible is a good day! The car is fun to drive with the short wheelbase and large tires. Always enjoy being in that car! Not the best car I've ever owned, but it will do just fine for now.

Because it's nice to take something slow and make it less slow.

It pulls harder than his Saab.

it's super easy/pretty cheap to upgrade.

I think this body style is sexy.

Because ford never killed the Mustang.

I love ALL my cars because there isn't anything from an automotive standpoint that I can't do...except scale a mountain or cut anything faster than a 13sec 1/4 time! :D

No car payments to boot? FEELSGOODMAN.jpg

Cody, don't mind Potatoe Paul: he's got no horse in this race and it makes him bitter to read this thread. :lol:

?ui=2&ik=62912ee936&view=att&th=1404bde59537d819&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

Edited by zeitgeist57

Love my truck because I wanted something older, 4x4, with decent power and torque, and carbureted. Traded a 97 V6 Dakota RWD auto that the A/C was busted in, had crank windows, and paint was peeling. Paid $750 for the Dak and traded straight up. Was looking for something to restore and I found it. Drove it home, put on new brakes and tires, and been driving it ever since.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=778&pictureid=6524

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=778&pictureid=6819

Love my car too, but not as much.

09 G8 GT

-fairly aggressive looking sedan

-comfortably carry 5 adults

- easily modded LS V8 with 400 horses

- the look on peoples faces when they

get beat by a 4 Dr.

-semi rare

Mostly, its what I like, and I fall in love with her again with every new mod or wash/wax. So f*#k what everyone else thinks! Lol

Shaun

I love my Miata simply because it's about the best handling car I could afford. Even for a lack of breakneck speed it makes me smile everytime I drive it. The Camaro on the other hand feels like a muscle car and I smile everytime I put the hammer down.