College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

OSU gives PSU their worst beating since the 19th century and LOSES 7 points in the coaches' poll. I almost wonder if O'Brien was mad and dropped OSU. One of the quickest handshakes I've ever seen and he was leaning away from Meyer as much as he could the whole time...lol.

I think he was pissed when Meyer challenged that 1st down ruling on the field late in the game and got it overturned. 56-7, and Meyer still won't give him a break (which I think is hilarious). Me thinks Meyer was trolling him. :lol:

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think any of the top 5 teams still wallops this Buckeye team...

If that pick didnt happen on the first drive for PSU, I think it would have been completely different.

Oregon is simple hard to stop, UCLA did it for 3 quarters impressively, then folded like a tin can. FSU looks like a well paid team now...Bama is still consistent and tough, and hell I would not want any part of Baylor...

Oregons defense is no better then Ohio states, but they disguise EVERYTHING, they got burned a couple of times but by far it worked. I will say a good run game could hurt them though...They are light weight up front. Of the top five I just cant see the comparisons still, and most of that is due to our competition we have faced.

Interesting to see that Troy Smith is still playing football

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--heisman-trophy-winner-troy-smith-spends-last-football-days-in-cfl--holding-spot-tim-tebow-doesn-t-want-002803981.html

Strength of schedules:

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Alabama 21st

Oregon 29th

FSU 32nd

OSU 49th

FSU plays #7 Miami, 4-4 Wake Forest, 3-4 Syracuse, 1-7 Idaho and 4-3 Florida. Who knows how bad those teams will be by seasons end

Oregon has #5 Stanford, 4-4 Utah, 5-2 Arizona and 6-2 Oregon State left

Bama plays #13 LSU, #11 Auburn, 4-3 Miss St and 6-2 Chattanooga

OSU has 1-6 Purdue, 3-4 Illinois, 3-4 Indiana and 6-1 Michigan

I think Oregon and FSU drop a game honestly leaving a Bama/OSU NCG. There is so many games left, apparently this time last year there was more undefeateds in CFB than right now.

Meyer plays the BCS game, run up the scor high as possible to get the best chance at ranking, high power fast offense, etc...

I don't think he was running up the score. Hyde was out 6 minutes into the 3rd. Miller and the rest of the 1st team offense were done after the next offensive series where the O lined up with Braxton at WR near the goal line to get Kenny G an easy TD up the middle. Kenny threw 2 passes on the first series of the 4th quarter then every other play was a run by the 4th string RB or 3rd string QB.

They could have put up 80 if they wanted to last night.

I think he was pissed when Meyer challenged that 1st down ruling on the field late in the game and got it overturned. 56-7, and Meyer still won't give him a break (which I think is hilarious). Me thinks Meyer was trolling him. :lol:

If it wasn't a 4th down try and it wasn't basically right in front of Meyer, I don't think he bothers with the challenge. But he was still "in" the game at that point and challenged without hesitation because he saw it right in front of him. I loved it.

I think the Buckeye team last night could beat any team in top 10 easy. Sure they could also lose, but I would like our chances in a 1 game setting.

I don't want to get too confident but I agree. This offense is balanced and Miller is only getting more and more comfortable running his part of it. On top of his knee finally healing up.

The thing I'd worry about most with a game against someone like Oregon or Baylor is OSU shooting themselves in the foot on offense once or twice and the defense not being able to make up for it.

This year so far: 47.25. I think this will be closer to 39ppg by seasons end

I basically guaranteed 40ppg before the season started and thought 45 was a real possibility. Would be very pleased if they could keep it around 45.

Honestly, that was probably one of the best offensive performances I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. Essentially nothing went wrong. Amazing game to watch as an OSU fan and I think a lot of guys really grew up that night. They were having fun and beating the shit out of PSU.

After seeing that game, I am more and more confident in our ability to take on other top 5 teams. Regardless if we make the NCG or not, we are going to play a very high quality opponent in a BCS game (possibly Oregon?). We will see how we do there and maybe going into next year we will get more respect.

It's hard to disrespect 20-0, but somehow it's being done. So many "powerhouses" fall from week to week, yet we have accepted every challenge thrown at us. Still may not be good enough.

Regardless, I'm having a great time watching this team.

OSU -31 @ Purdue...lol.

Can definitely see a sluggish/sleepwalking kind of performance in this game though. Noon against a clearly inferior opponent coming off the delivery of a nationally televised nighttime beatdown.

I think they are gonna be fired up. Not because they are fired up to play a good opponent, but I think this is more on a personal level for a lot of players.

Personal level because it's Purdue or personal level because they feel nationally disrespected?

It's insane to think that if it weren't for Kenny Guiton OSU would technically be on a 3-game losing streak against Purdue since the 2010 game "didn't happen."

Personal level because it's Purdue or personal level because they feel nationally disrespected?

It's insane to think that if it weren't for Kenny Guiton OSU would technically be on a 3-game losing streak against Purdue since the 2010 game "didn't happen."

personal level on both, but mainly because it's purdue and how they have performed the past few years. I think OSU gets up on Purdue really fast, then sleepwalks the 2nd half but the game is never close.

personal level on both, but mainly because it's purdue and how they have performed the past few years. I think OSU gets up on Purdue really fast, then sleepwalks the 2nd half but the game is never close.

I agree, I think it is going to be similar to the Penn State game except that Purdue doesn't score. I hope Kenny G and Cardale Jones take Purdue to school in the 2nd half and break 70 points again this year.

The "wisemen" that the insider on Scout speaks with think Elliott is the starter next year. And I tend to agree. They think Rod Smith has had his shots and just not taken them. Elliott seems to take advantage of every chance he gets. Obviously a lot can happen between now and there are plenty of reasons to get on the Ezekiel train.

Should be an absolute war between the end of this season and the beginning of next season to grab that RB spot. Smith, Elliott, Dunn and Ball were all highly rated coming out of HS and all of them have shown at least a few flashes.

Very good article here and I sort of agree with his statement that OSU is basically Boise State

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--don-t-blame-urban-meyer-for-ohio-state-running-up-the-score-225158208.html

OSU is no where close to Boise State. The BIG migh be down in the past 2 years, but it is no where near as bad as the WAC.

OSU is no where close to Boise State. The BIG migh be down in the past 2 years, but it is no where near as bad as the WAC.

The Boise comparison is stating how they could go undefeated and be on the outside looking in based on the fact that their schedule is weak. That is always the excuse people make when talking about why Boise should not be in the NCG