College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

MSU is still 16th in the BCS rankings...Need them to be up near the top 10. Also need Clemson to lose again. FSU's wins will look a little less impressive hopefully.

Also need VT to loose again so when FSU plays Miami again in the ACC championship game, it wouldn't be much of a jump for FSU. and even if we are lucky, they will upset them.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankings come out at 8 I believe and if that's true I give up on CFB (prob not true)

yeah not sure what happened. I was looking at Yahoo. Even when I looked at the list with the numbers it showed Oregon with the loss.

nothing to see here.

Don't take this as talking shit, but I don't know that the buckeyes want to play either FSU or Bama, for the sake of yet again getting shit talked about not being able to play the SEC (or ACC-weird)

+1. I'd rather take a win against an injured Oregon.

OSU won't play Oregon, Stanford is in the drivers seat for the Pac12 championship game. Oregon needs Stanford to lose in order to even make the conference title game. Oregon could get an at large bid and play someone like Baylor. I'm sure someone has BCS projections out there

yeah, those matchup's do nothing to excite me. How in the hell is S. Carolina still in the top 10? They lost to Tennesee for gods sake, I really hate the SEC love. One loses you just move another into the top 10 to secure 2 of them make a BCS bowl. I saw someone posting on scout talking about how the playoff will be even worse, that a 1 loss OSU would almost be left out for sure. OSU is going to have to go undefeated every year if they want a chance of making the piddly 4 team playoff.

No thank you to any of those games outside of Rose and NCG.

I was reading scout earlier and someone brought up a good point. He said that OSU is going to have to go undefeated almost every year in order to make the playoffs. A 1 loss OSU team would be left out almost every year.

I believe Michigan St actually gets hurt by losing the B10 championship game, where Wisconsin betters their bowl because of it, while not even playing in their conference title game

How is S. Carolina going to get a damn BCS game? They lost to Tenn for gods sake. I swear I hate that conference and ESPN sucking them off (their opinion plays a role in others perceptions)

Evan Spencer ruffling some feathers and I actually like it:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9961924/urban-meyer-votes-ohio-state-buckeyes-no-2-coaches-poll

What is the kid supposed to say? We're good, but we'd lose to those teams? Fuck that, speak your mind kid lol

BTW I read this in the article I posted and took it as Urban is about to turn the dogs loose even more than they already have been:

""The message is you have to play great," Meyer said. "You're held to (a higher standard) to be even mentioned with those other teams. Be careful what you wish for -- that means you have to practice and play at a certain level."

Evan Spencer ruffling some feathers and I actually like it:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9961924/urban-meyer-votes-ohio-state-buckeyes-no-2-coaches-poll

What is the kid supposed to say? We're good, but we'd lose to those teams? Fuck that, speak your mind kid lol

BTW I read this in the article I posted and took it as Urban is about to turn the dogs loose even more than they already have been:

""The message is you have to play great," Meyer said. "You're held to (a higher standard) to be even mentioned with those other teams. Be careful what you wish for -- that means you have to practice and play at a certain level."

If OSU doesn't get in the championship game, Urban Meyer should make a public statement that we will bus our team down to the national champs stadium and play them in two weeks regardless if they accept the invitation or not. I'm sure private donors would fund it.

If OSU doesn't get in the championship game, Urban Meyer should make a public statement that we will bus our team down to the national champs stadium and play them in two weeks regardless if they accept the invitation or not. I'm sure private donors would fund it.

Newsflash- ESPN tries to make their own news again

Reporter: So you did watch the Alabama game, and the Oklahoma-Baylor game and Stanford-Oregon. How do you think you guys would do against those teams.

Spencer: "I guess I'm a little biased, but I think we'd, uh, we'd wipe the field with both of them. But that's just my bias speaking." (laughs)

We'll be playing in the rose bowl which is where the NCG game is this year, so it's convenient at least.

I read that ESPN article this morning, I love it. But as Urban says about others, be careful what you wish for.

We were supposed to wipe the floor with Florida. I don't want any players getting a big head. I think we could hang with either team pretty easily, but I don't think we'd 'wipe the floor' with either.

OK...let's assume for a moment this BCS 'expert' is spot-on. First, an OSU/Standford Rose bowl will be an instant classic. I wouldn't put money on the outcome. However...look at all the rest of the B1G teams...I don't see a single win...not even a remote upset possibility. Total failure. So, if this turns out to be the future...get used to another shaming of the B1G in the bowl season. At least we can enjoy seeing Michigan destroyed by Auburn. There's that.

CBS bowl Projections... http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Sugar Bowl would be a rematch. UCF lost by a FG to South Carolina early in the season. Fiesta Bowl would be a slaughter.

Current BCS rankings have Buffalo at 42 and Michigan at 45. :lolguy:

Something else I wanted to comment on. For personal reasons I've missed watching the last 4 OSU games live. <gasp> I haven't missed one in a couple decades but...couldn't be avoided. So, yesterday I spent the morning of my day off 'catching-up' on the games. WOW. The scores, record and media commentary do not tell the real story of an OSU team barely outpacing what is relatively poor competition. I haven't seen this many ugly wins since 2002. So, maybe we should be in the NCG race?! We lose one of three top players on either side of the ball and that team doesn't beat anyone. Sorry guys. Lifelong Buckeye. But I just spent several hours straight watching them face a variety of looks on both sides of the ball. yeouch. Let's just shoot for a Rose Bowl and hope we have everyone healthy AND fired up. Luckily our ace in the hole is that Urban is matched only by Saban in game preparation. I am worried about the team I just watched facing MSU in the B1G championship game let alone talking NCG. We all need to face reality. We are not among the top 4 in the country let alone the top 2.

Lonnie Johnson decommits from the 2014 class, I don't think anything was lost there, opens up one more spot for more talented receiver.

Hopefully they can pluck Johnnie Dixon out of Florida. If not they already really recruited over Lonnie by taking Noah Brown. Not a lot of kids left in this class. JUCO OT Chad Mavety, hopefully LB Raekwon McMillan, maybe Dixon and maybe DL Solomon Thomas. Not sure on anyone else.

Something else I wanted to comment on. For personal reasons I've missed watching the last 4 OSU games live. <gasp> I haven't missed one in a couple decades but...couldn't be avoided. So, yesterday I spent the morning of my day off 'catching-up' on the games. WOW. The scores, record and media commentary do not tell the real story of an OSU team barely outpacing what is relatively poor competition. I haven't seen this many ugly wins since 2002. So, maybe we should be in the NCG race?! We lose one of three top players on either side of the ball and that team doesn't beat anyone. Sorry guys. Lifelong Buckeye. But I just spent several hours straight watching them face a variety of looks on both sides of the ball. yeouch. Let's just shoot for a Rose Bowl and hope we have everyone healthy AND fired up. Luckily our ace in the hole is that Urban is matched only by Saban in game preparation. I am worried about the team I just watched facing MSU in the B1G championship game let alone talking NCG. We all need to face reality. We are not among the top 4 in the country let alone the top 2.

Not sure if serious...

When OSU played @ Northwestern that was basically Northwestern going "all in." They were as healthy as they've been all season and ridiculously hyped for that game. Braxton was still a little rusty coming back from injury and Urban gave him a little kick in the ass by starting to warm up Kenny on the sidelines. Braxton's stats since Urban warmed up Kenny have been insane.

Iowa is a much better team than people think. Their 4 losses are to teams with a combined record of 33-3. And OSU just shut them down and ran clock after halftime.

Since halftime of the Iowa game, OSU has been firing on all cylinders offensively and defensively. We'll see if they can keep it up moving forward.