College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everything goes as planned and we play FSU, I hope that FSU is as heavily favored as possible. I hope everyone on ESPN, and every "expert" is predicting a 3+ touchdown victory. I hope we are double digit underdogs. I hope the entire world is against us. This will only add fuel for us and Meyer. I think Meyer loves being the underdog, and he will use every ounce of it to motivate his guys. I don't think FSU or their fans will know what is coming to them (similar to us in 06). I'll take Urban prepping his team for a month over Jimbo prepping his team for a month any day as well.

Also keep in mind that their quarterback will be either dealing with his legal woes or a Heisman hangover or both. It is looking more and more like both.

Also keep in mind that their quarterback will be either dealing with his legal woes or a Heisman hangover or both. It is looking more and more like both.

unless they have a verdict before the Heisman, I don't thinkg Winston will be winning the Heisman, besides the Heisman committee will not want to award Winston the trophy then be found guilty for rape, I bet Lynch will get it, if Winston is innocent then he can try again next season, no reason to keep giving the trophy to freshman players

I kind of hope Winston wins the Heisman and then gets charged. The Heisman is a fucking joke anyway, and the trainwreck that would cause would be spectacular.

My thoughts exactly, almost seems like the Heisman has become a popularity contest.

It certainly has been tarnished by ethics violations and lackluster post-award performance at the college and NFL level. Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, Tim Tebow, Troy Smith...

How does a Heisman winner's performance in the NFL have anything to do with the Heisman award?

The answer is nothing. GTFO of here with that shit. Trying to say someone didn't deserve to win the Heisman because they stunk it up as a pro is just dumb.

How does a Heisman winner's performance in the NFL have anything to do with the Heisman award?

The answer is nothing. GTFO of here with that shit. Trying to say someone didn't deserve to win the Heisman because they stunk it up as a pro is just dumb.

You mean those who vote on the heisman don't have a machine telling the future?....damn :(

Also, you idiots that keep liking those stupid alternate uniform helmets can go jump off a cliff. Those bright green buckeye leafs are hideous. And that's not just my opinion, that's a scientific fact. Seriously, just no.

Not fact. Those helmets are sweet as fuck

Also, you idiots that keep liking those stupid alternate uniform helmets can go jump off a cliff. Those bright green buckeye leafs are hideous. And that's not just my opinion, that's a scientific fact. Seriously, just no.

But buckeye leaves are suppose to green. lol And yes, they are hideous. Like the unis, but they need to go back to the traditional helmets.

Not fact. Those helmets are sweet as fuck

I see I accidentally took your brain away as well when I traveled back in time.

Please LJ, for the love of all things good, change your mind and say they are terrible. Because they are and it pains me to argue with you.

But buckeye leaves are suppose to green. lol And yes, they are hideous. Like the unis, but they need to go back to the traditional helmets.

I am totally in agreement with you: the unis are okay, just keep our regular helmets. The silver fleck > flat chrome.

Hee. duh..... I agree on the leaves being hideous. Does that help? I contend that the Heisman while not being expected to predict future success is impacted by a poor future performance. This is especially true for subsequent bowl games which have been cursed by the Heisman. Look at Troy...second highest percentage of heisman votes in history. Totally blew the NCG and went on to pretty much suck at the next level. You don't think that makes people think less of the Heisman? In any case...the rules violations and holy hell...the vacated 2005 Heisman are far worse.

I've been saying it from day one, the jersey I can live with now and then but not a permanent thing, the helmets I don't care for and the Buckeye leafs kinda look like marijuana leaves.

Haven't I been bitching about the alternate uniforms since they introduced them? Haha, oh well as Frank said, it's what the kids like these days.

As for the Heisman, it is an absolute shit award. They might as well change the damn name of it to "The award to the quarterback of an undefeated team or quarterback who puts up such stupid numbers we over look the fact that his team lost 2-3 games). It's a QB award. One that I personally give 0 fucks about anymore.

It pains me to say this, because I love you, but I'm going to say it anyways..

"Bitch, you crazy."

The new helmets give me wood, which I then use to skullfuck OSU haters. So, not only are they awesome, but they have positive side effects on the rest of the world.

Agreed.

It pains me to say this, because I love you, but I'm going to say it anyways..

"Bitch, you crazy."

The new helmets give me wood, which I then use to skullfuck OSU haters. So, not only are they awesome, but they have positive side effects on the rest of the world.

:dumb: