How much do you tip?

russian rocket

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just out of curiousity, how much do you guys tip the pizza delivery guy?

i usually tip 5 dollars, but the more i read online about how much i should tip, seems like i am an over tipper lol

$1 plus whatever it takes to round-up to the next. Thus if the order is $22.50 I go 24.00.

May sound cheap to some, but come on, it's just a delivery driver and they already charge a delivery fee to cover part of the drivers wages. I don't care if they do or don't get part or any of that fee per hour, the point is it's not like being waited on like at a sit-down place. Nor should the dollar amount of the bill matter for a delivery driver.

$1 plus whatever it takes to round-up to the next. Thus if the order is $22.50 I go 24.00.

May sound cheap to some, but come on, it's just a delivery driver and they already charge a delivery fee to cover part of the drivers wages. I don't care if they do or don't get part or any of that fee per hour, the point is it's not like being waited on like at a sit-down place. Nor should the dollar amount of the bill matter for a delivery driver.

LOL

Probably pubes in your pizza.

I used to drive full time when i was 18-19...i've been doing it the last couple months part time after work for some extra cash since cycling season is over, and i cant ride after work with it dark at 530...better than sitting at home all night doing nothing

those of you @ $5, much appreciated.

people like tim, i would definitely bring your shit last. areas are small enough and i usually deal with the same customers...(i've seen some 3-4x in the 2 months i've been at the store). we definitely remember who is who. yeah, they do charge a fee, but of the $2.50 where i'm at, we see $1, and its factored into our wage...they pay $6/hr, so as long as you're taking 2/hr, it covers whatever minimum is...$7.80?...anything more, is extra.

if its a $10 order, i don't expect $5. couple bucks is fine if you're close. if i'm gonna go to the edge of our area and you give me 50 cents, fuck you, and keep your money. you obviously need it more. if you're too lazy to drive to get it yourself, don't be a cheap ass. with gas at $3.50/gal, and the fact that you don't even have to put on your shoes, a buck and change is pretty crap.

Lewis Center has been pretty decent for me though. when i figure up average for each night, i usually find that i average $3.50-4 per delivery. you'll get some that are $1-2, usually $3 is the most common i see, and the $5-7 on the bigger orders or regulars will make up for the Tims.

coming from doing it for a long time when i was younger, i rarely have something delivered...nothing preventing me from going to get it myself except laziness...since i bought my house 5 years ago, i've probably had delivery 2-3x, and usually just a single pizza. always $5

people like tim, i would definitely bring your shit last. areas are small enough and i usually deal with the same customers...(i've seen some 3-4x in the 2 months i've been at the store).

Go ahead bring my shit last, then I just make a phone call to the store, get that order for free and then with a simple email to corporate I can get a voucher for the next one too. If a pizza driver has an expectation of 20%, then get a job waiting tables. It's a delivery job, get over it.

$5 is the norm for Pizza or Chinese Delivery.

I do agree, that it is remembered who tips well, and who does not. I ordered Chinese on Thursday. It was at my door in less the 15 Mins. Can't beat that! I didn't have to leave the house, and the food was here as quick as we had gone there!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

• Upvote 1

I used to drive full time when i was 18-19...i've been doing it the last couple months part time after work for some extra cash since cycling season is over, and i cant ride after work with it dark at 530...better than sitting at home all night doing nothing

people like tim, i would definitely bring your shit last. areas are small enough and i usually deal with the same customers...(i've seen some 3-4x in the 2 months i've been at the store). we definitely remember who is who. yeah, they do charge a fee, but of the $2.50 where i'm at, we see $1, and its factored into our wage...they pay $6/hr, so as long as you're taking 2/hr, it covers whatever minimum is...$7.80?...anything more, is extra.

if its a $10 order, i don't expect $5. couple bucks is fine if you're close. if i'm gonna go to the edge of our area and you give me 50 cents, fuck you, and keep your money. you obviously need it more. if you're too lazy to drive to get it yourself, don't be a cheap ass. with gas at $3.50/gal, and the fact that you don't even have to put on your shoes, a buck and change is pretty crap.

Lewis Center has been pretty decent for me though. when i figure up average for each night, i usually find that i average $3.50-4 per delivery. you'll get some that are $1-2, usually $3 is the most common i see, and the $5-7 on the bigger orders or regulars will make up for the Tims.

coming from doing it for a long time when i was younger, i rarely have something delivered...nothing preventing me from going to get it myself except laziness...since i bought my house 5 years ago, i've probably had delivery 2-3x, and usually just a single pizza. always $5

Im with Some here...you did pick the Job.....Gas is 3.50/Gallon.....SO if I come to pick it up....can I get a $1 off?

I hate when I go to get food at places where I am picking up, that they still have a "TIP" line...really.....I drove my ass here and it still lists a "TIP" ? And a place I eat lunch at on the regular is a Deli style place....Walk up, order, they give you a number and you sit down and when the food is ready they walk it to your table. You get your own Drink and refills and most of the time I clear my own table, but occasionally they grab my stuff while walking through.....Do you Tip at a place like this? They have a "TIP" line on your ticket when you order as well.....SOme days I do, some days I don't, guess it depends on whats in my Bank.

Sorry /Rant.

I normally tip 2-3 dollars (although I normally get my happy ass up and go pick it up), but I tipped the guy 5 dollars tonight and he acted like I gave him a 100 dollar bill... he had the pizza to me within 20 minutes of me ordering it and I felt it was justified.

the point is it's not like being waited on like at a sit-down place.

You don't even have to leave your house to get the food, they literally are bringing you food for a meal for your family to your doorstep..... If anything i would think you should tip them more!

I almost never have pizza delivered now days, but when i used to it would be about 20% of the bill just like a waiter.

It's a delivery job, get over it.

it IS a waiter/waitressing job... i used to be a delivery driver as well. Most of the people who are delivering are in college, or doing this for extra money to supplement. You dont get to work many hours, because prime delivery time is only in the evening or weekends. It was my second job when i had it.

Its a MAJOR convience to hvae your food delivered and while making a call to corporate may get you a free voucher, you may still continue to get cold food. ;)

You konw i like you tim, but seriously a couple bucks isnt going to break your bank.

I hate when I go to get food at places where I am picking up, that they still have a "TIP" line...really.....I drove my ass here and it still lists a "TIP" ? And a place I eat lunch at on the regular is a Deli style place....Walk up, order, they give you a number and you sit down and when the food is ready they walk it to your table. You get your own Drink and refills and most of the time I clear my own table, but occasionally they grab my stuff while walking through.....Do you Tip at a place like this?

Edamame at Easton is like that. They put the tip line on the receipt when you place the order. Really? No thanks. I only tip if the guy/girl working the table area usually busing them gets us refills or asks how we're doing, etc. Otherwise, no, you don't tip at Fast Casual places unless you're waitedon. Then the tip goes on the table, it's not paid up front.

I will say I do about $2....and I would tip more if they didn't add that damn Delivery Fee in there....which I never will understand when the driver doesn't get it all. They didn't start doing this until about 7-10 years ago across the board. It kind of Disgruntles me just seeing it added to my order which makes me end up skimping the guy who really had nothing to do with it........Crappy deal.

My boss would laugh you off the phone. We say 45 minutes. Usually, It's out of the oven in 15. if I'm taking 2-3 orders on one run and I know you're the guy that I'm only going to get $1.50, I'll definitely take the other ones first. Yours will still get there, albeit much closer to the 45 minute mark, and not the 20-25 the others will be at.

As for that tip line when you're picking up, I know ours doesn't tell the difference. They're all the same. No one inside is gonna get mad when it says "-" like 95% of them do. Now, if it's at a place like Wendy's (which I have no clue if it does), then yeah, that's dumb.

Trish - fair enough. I'm good with that. $2-3 was great when I was 18-19 and gas was $1.59/gal. Then again, it's been 10 years and inflation has gone up on pretty much everything...

it IS a waiter/waitress job

We can agree to disagree. Delivery is not equal to waiting on me, the wife and two kids. Last I checked, once it's delivered, we're getting our plates, drinks and cleaning up, etc.

... i used to be a delivery driver as well. Most of hte people who are delievering are in college, or doing this for extra money to supplement. You dont get to work many hours, because prime delievery time is only in the evening.

I waited tables and tended bar in college too. Never delivered as I never felt it was worth it.

Its a MAJOR convience to hvae your food delivered and while making a call to corporate may get you a free voucher, you may still continue to get cold food. ;)

We rarely have a problem. If we do it's because it's a crazy busy night and this year that's happened maybe once or twice.

You konw i like you tim, but seriously a couple bucks isnt going to break your bank.

Ditto. However, in the end, it's my money and their job. Just being real and while many may disagree, I bet more often than not most do the same but won't admit it. Fuck, people bitch about apps for $.99 yet will toss $5 for a $15 pizza.....I don't buy it.

Edamame at Easton is like that. They put the tip line on the receipt when you place the order. Really? No thanks. I only tip if the guy/girl working the table area usually busing them gets us refills or asks how we're doing, etc. Otherwise, no, you don't tip at Fast Casual places unless you're waitedon. Then the tip goes on the table, it's not paid up front.

+1 I get so annoyed at seeing a tip line before I get served, and it pisses me off more when they ask me if i want to leave a tip