track rental thanks and times

DKilbourne

I had a great time hanging out...all the CR staff was cool as hell, and the food was very good..

The track sucked...blame it on the rain or whatever but there was no prep whatsoever, this was somewhat disappointing, as was the asshole sitting in the truck at the end of the track.

Rules are rules I get it...but getting kicked out for no good reason sucked...I wish the CR staff would have stepped in and assisted me on resolving my problem with this idiot...but what's done is done...

Thanks for a good time!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug, Jordan took the situation up with me and I attempted to assist.

Unfortunately, there seemed to be an error on perspective. I spoke to the GM trying to get you another run. He told me that you (or I guess, your tuner) had been warned for going 9s without a license and certified cage. After two warnings, they said another driver (you?) tried to make a pass and they assumed it was someone trying to circumvent the rules using a different driver. That pissed them off and they cut the car at that point.

They didn't know your tuner was making shakedown runs then switched the driver to the actual owner.

If you noticed, they pretty much said jack and shit about cars running 10s without a cage. But 9s is another ballgame and even they have a hard time ignoring the rules if someone ever bitched to the NHRA.

thank you I did not know you reached out to them...

But just to set the record straight....here is how it went down.

1st pass yes my Tuner made a pass (fresh build wanted to see how car responded) 9.7 149 he was stopped and told he needed to slow down)

next two passes I ran the car to the just before the 1000' mark and hit the brakes so I wouldn't get kicked out, he stopped me the second time and told me to quit hitting the brakes on the track.. in a rude way.

so my last time out I ran to the 1000' mark and coasted 9.6 142 the pulled me over again and proceeded to chew my ass like I was some little kid...told me I was done and gave me a lecture on track safety.

so as you can see I did everything they asked but nothing was going to make them happy.

BTW this is what I was I told I needed

NHRA license

full cage

chute

full drivers suite

fire bottle

NHRA approved harness

so with that being said...it is what it is, my car is not a full time drag car its a street car, I know other tracks have no issue but this guy was a jerk!

Nice hanging out with you too Jones! your car is badass bro.

I can see your frustration, and I apologize if they handled it rudely.

In their defense, they were slapped with a lawsuit several years ago by someone they let "slide" on the rules, then that person wrecked and filed suit against them.

In their defense, they were slapped with a lawsuit several years ago by someone they let "slide" on the rules, then that person wrecked and filed suit against them.

And THIS is what is wrong with the world.

Someone breaks into your house and gets hurt, you can also be sued. :nono:

Aside from gross negligence (ie. a huge pothole in the middle of the track) you would think a RELEASE OF LIABILITY form would infact do what it is suppose to.... RELEASE LIABILITY!

Edit: to be clear... I am not bitching about our event, or even NTR really. More so the entire world. :lol:

thank you I did not know you reached out to them...

But just to set the record straight....here is how it went down.

1st pass yes my Tuner made a pass (fresh build wanted to see how car responded) 9.7 149 he was stopped and told he needed to slow down)

next two passes I ran the car to the just before the 1000' mark and hit the brakes so I wouldn't get kicked out, he stopped me the second time and told me to quit hitting the brakes on the track.. in a rude way.

so my last time out I ran to the 1000' mark and coasted 9.6 142 the pulled me over again and proceeded to chew my ass like I was some little kid...told me I was done and gave me a lecture on track safety.

so as you can see I did everything they asked but nothing was going to make them happy.

BTW this is what I was I told I needed

NHRA license

full cage

chute

full drivers suite

fire bottle

NHRA approved harness

so with that being said...it is what it is, my car is not a full time drag car its a street car, I know other tracks have no issue but this guy was a jerk!

Nice hanging out with you too Jones! your car is badass bro.

Maybe im missing something, but something about them telling you to stop hitting your brakes seems way off to me. The only reason i could possibly think of would have to do with how fast your car is, but even that makes no sense. I say that because i bracket race on a weekly basis there and have watched 20 second cars go into the wall from hitting brakes, but they have never said to stop (happens alot in bracket racing)

Maybe im missing something, but something about them telling you to stop hitting your brakes seems way off to me. The only reason i could possibly think of would have to do with how fast your car is, but even that makes no sense. I say that because i bracket race on a weekly basis there and have watched 20 second cars go into the wall from hitting brakes, but they have never said to stop (happens alot in bracket racing)

It's dangerous to hit the brakes really hard going 100+ mph. It's safer to coast. If they knew he was standing on the brakes just to run slow enough, I can see the issue. If he just hit them easy, he probably wouldn't be able to see it from the end of the track.

Same guy told me to wear my jacket. Gave me a thumbs up the next pass when I had it on.

I can see their side. If you let someone slide by... and get sued because of it, you're going to be a little more strict. They still let some stuff go.

It's dangerous to hit the brakes really hard going 100+ mph. It's safer to coast. If they knew he was standing on the brakes just to run slow enough, I can see the issue. If he just hit them easy, he probably wouldn't be able to see it from the end of the track.

Same guy told me to wear my jacket. Gave me a thumbs up the next pass when I had it on.

I can see their side. If you let someone slide by... and get sued because of it, you're going to be a little more strict. They still let some stuff go.

Oh im not saying they should let anyone slide on the rules, ive never heard of that being a rule period. Like i said i race out there every wednesday and there is anything from 9 second cars to 20 second cars. Also being that its bracket racing, hitting your brakes happends alot in all classes and ive never heard anyone say a word

Oh im not saying they should let anyone slide on the rules, ive never heard of that being a rule period. Like i said i race out there every wednesday and there is anything from 9 second cars to 20 second cars. Also being that its bracket racing, hitting your brakes happends alot in all classes and ive never heard anyone say a word

Maybe some guy in a black GTR banged his wife..:no:

Maybe so Jones..lol

in all fairness I was on the brakes pretty hard 2 straight passes, Im sure my rotors were getting pretty hot and I did have my front end shift slightly on the second one...but I was never out of control and I just wanted to follow the rules.

It comes down to this: They let some guy's break the rules and not others...I'm not going to point anybody out but I know my car is much safer at 150mph than some of the others that were running 100mph. If they want to stretch the rules they should do it for everybody.

Tech:

Tech is from 8-10AM in the staging lanes, and all registrants will be required to sign a waiver not holding National Trail Raceway or Columbus Racing, LLC responsible for liability. We're looking for no leaks, nothing falling off, etc. You must wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves, t-shirts are fine. A Snell/DOT approved helmet is also required if you're running 13.99 or quicker. Cars 11.99 and quicker should have a all NHRA mandated safety equipment, including a roll cage for 11.49 or quicker. All vehicles will be marked after tech for record-keeping and verification reasons. You will not be able to race if you're not teched in; if you deliberately try to race without tech you will be ejected from the track and forfeit your registration money. Trails staff will be watching. Should you arrive after 10am it's your responsibility to track down the NTR representative to tech you in.

Motorcycles must have a Snell/DOT helmet with full shield, full-sleeve protective jacket, long pants, and over-the-ankle-shoes. If your motorcycle is quicker than 10.00 or faster than 120mph, you WILL need full protective gear and boots. It's suicide not to. Do not try and get around this, if you're busted, we may eject you from the event and you will forfeit your registration money.

They will let some stuff slide if you are above 10.00. Its when you get in the 9's that the rules will be applied pretty hard. Which I understand. As for the braking deal, I've seen multiple cars at different tracks get booted for locking up the brakes across the finish line at big bracket races. They will warn once then get booted if they do it again.

Tech:

Motorcycles must have a Snell/DOT helmet with full shield, full-sleeve protective jacket, long pants, and over-the-ankle-shoes. If your motorcycle is quicker than 10.00 or faster than 120mph, you WILL need full protective gear and boots. It's suicide not to. Do not try and get around this, if you're busted, we may eject you from the event and you will forfeit your registration money.

Just to put this in perspective:

9.5 second Motorcycle is safe by their standards as long as you are wearing protective gear and boots.

A 9.5 second All Wheel Drive GTR with 6 airbags and a 4 point cage is too dangerous to run.

We can all read. Everyone knew the rules. Some of us just think that the NHRA is blind to common sense logic.

Edit: You couldnt PAY ME to pilot a 9.5 second bike down NTR.

I would eat an egg mcmuffin and take a conference call while running a 9.5 in a GTR and feel safe ;)

You guys and your GTRs are just full of first world problems. "Oh my god I bought what I knew was a really fast car, and tried to go really fast in it, why would anyone give me a hard time about going faster then my car qualifies for in the rules?"

Going that fast in anything is dangerous, car or bike, saying otherwise is just ignorant, regardless of safety equipment. Comparing cars to bikes is about just as ignorant, ever seen a bike with a rollcage? sheesh, way to ruin a nice thread.

If my posts came off that way, I apologize. Delete them, as it wasn't my intent.

Track "safety" in general is a good conversation that never happens though. To your point Scott, it should probably have it's own thread as to not clog up this one.

If my posts came off that way, I apologize. Delete them, as it wasn't my intent.

Track "safety" in general is a good conversation that never happens though. To your point Scott, it should probably have it's own thread as to not clog up this one.

Well it goes to show intent and the idea behind a post is typically lost across the internet. So start a thread about track safety and debate it, I'm all for that, it's just when a thread about thanks and track times gets over run by this stuff it gets annoying, and IMHO disrespectful to the people who deserve thanks for putting the event together.

For the 1/8

Rulebook page 64 - full bodied car with unaltered firewall, floor and body running between 6.40 and 6.99, roll bar permitted in place of roll cage.

Cars running between 4.50 and 6.39 must have certified chassis with serialized sticker affixed to cage.

The exclusion is for the newer cars that are stock, not modified.

This... I was there when they teched chads blue stang (on3 chad) They told him that because his car was not stock (not the under hood stuff) but a roll bar and drag radials that he needed 5 point harnesses. Even though his car met the 08 and newer rule.

I thought it was comical however I was there all last season until I now have everything to go 8.50 at whatever speed I want.

Scott, I apologize if you think I hijacked a thread...I mentioned a few times that I still had a good time and CR staff was great

As far as the driving aspect yes I was disappointed, and rightfully so...you can call it GTR first world problems all you want but I guarantee if you were in this situation you would feel the same way.

I made the mistake of thinking the event coordinating group had some control over tech and what rules would be strictly enforced...that seems to be the common variable at most private rentals. My Bad. ( this is why the streets are becoming more and more popular)

The event was a good time, thank all the staff that put it together.