track rental thanks and times

DKilbourne

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tech was way less than on a typical TnT night. Sat the guy only checked my helmet, at TnT he checks under hood, my harness, my jacket, my battery box, and has me start the car to test the batt cut-off. He probably looks at the lug nuts too. My car is in compliance for the times it runs, but what about the guy in the other lane?

Doug, again I feel your frustration. Scott is right, I've been booted from my own rentals a few times for going 10s.

It happens, but I still enjoy the events if not so for hanging out with people I may only see once or twice a year :)

Doug, again I feel your frustration. Scott is right, I've been booted from my own rentals a few times for going 10s.

It happens, but I still enjoy the events if not so for hanging out with people I may only see once or twice a year :)

Speaking of hanging out, there needs to be some meets up at quaker steak. I need an to get out more and have some good food lol

1.61 on drag radials out of my car. 500+ ftlbs from 2500. I'd say it was ok. wouldn't expect a 6spd V to run well on regular radials though.

It started to work later in the day after it dried out.

I would initially spin all of 1st and 2nd and grab a 1.7/1.8+

Later in the day, went back out and grabbed a 1.62 on the all seasons once it dried out and had some more rubber down.

Yeah 6M I think most can agree that the track was not hooking at all and manual V's are trick to launch at best. Best 60ft of the day for me was a 2.2 and was on this run.

Nice.

Do they wheel hop much? Issue with the Gen 1's. I was under a ZL1 Camaro yesterday, and it looks like they changed a lot to alleviate the problem.

Track seemed to work pretty well for me, didnt make too many passes but still managed a 1.501 60'. Thats the quickest 60' my car has made

Nice job! enjoyed talking to you. You will get that 9.5 soon just a few more tweaks.

13.938@97.61

Some perspective for all you fast people. Thats the fastest recorded stock tune Golf R manual time in the world. :lolguy: :fuckyeah::fuckyeah:

17. 13.539@103.64 - APR 2+ - 60ft@1.915 -Falken Fk453 - 93 oct - Manual - notavr

18. 13.938@97.610 - Stock+DP -60ft@1.941 - Street tires - 93 oct - MKV Aaron

19. 13.958@99.75 - BONE STOCK- 93 oct - 770ft above sea level Atl-Atl

Some perspective for all you fast people. Thats the fastest recorded stock tune Golf R manual time in the world. :lolguy: :fuckyeah::fuckyeah:

17. 13.539@103.64 - APR 2+ - 60ft@1.915 -Falken Fk453 - 93 oct - Manual - notavr

You're some kind of closet race car driver. Aparently the other VAGs can't drive. :thumbup:

:fuckyeah:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=878&pictureid=7648

:fuckyeah:

Maybe im missing something, but something about them telling you to stop hitting your brakes seems way off to me. The only reason i could possibly think of would have to do with how fast your car is, but even that makes no sense. I say that because i bracket race on a weekly basis there and have watched 20 second cars go into the wall from hitting brakes, but they have never said to stop (happens alot in bracket racing)

I got chewed up there a couple years ago for bumping my car into neutral after I passed the 1/4 mile mark then coasting and using my brakes when I got closer to the turn around. I was coming through the traps at 99mph and close to 6,000rpm in second gear, so I just started bumping it into drive when I passed the 1/4 mile mark. Seems like you can't make everybody happy all the time.

Sounds like everybody had a good time once the weather cleared up though.

Nice job! enjoyed talking to you. You will get that 9.5 soon just a few more tweaks.

thanks nice to meet you as well, hopefully next time out I should be close to that goal I have set

Just curious what the average installation price would be on your base setup

I don't offer install work but could possibly refer you to a few local places that could take on the job. Its a fairly in-depth install and would plan for at least 20 hours or so